best parenting advice

This is the most hilarious and visual parenting advice for you new parents.

For the first year of our new church, the only children were our two daughters [then 2-years-old and 1 month].  We’ve since been privileged with another kid [son] but the early years were difficult for our children because they really didn’t have anyone to hang out with at church.  I still remember preaching with my baby daughter on my back during the early months.

The children’s ministry has since grown immensely as we average about 70 infants and children spread between the 9.15am and 11am services [no children’s ministry at the 5pm].  Since the beginning of the year, we’ve had numerous births with more babies coming.  So, I thought it would be pastorally wise to give these new and expectant parents [and blog visitors] some heartfelt parenting advice.

View these visual instructions carefully:

baby1.jpg

baby5.jpg

baby2.jpg

baby3.jpg

baby4.jpg

baby9.jpg

baby7.jpg

baby8.jpg

In all seriousness, love and nurture your childrenPray for them; teach them; enjoy them. Teach them to love the Lord with all their heart, soul, body and mind.

The days turn to weeks; weeks turn to months; months turn to years and before you know it, your little baby will be turning 10 years old like our oldest will in few months.  Parenting will be one of the most significant things you will ever do in your life so don’t give your baby your shoes when their teething.  🙂

Filed under: entertainment, family, , ,

1. Daniel says:

LOL. Clearing the baby’s nose is my favorite. Someday, I hope to put this educational lessons to practice.

2. Ashi says:

Children are always enthusiastic about growing in life to become excellent individuals. Thus, they usually have the urge to prove their mark in which ever way they can. The only thing they require to be a champion is the support of a good parent like you. You as a parent can boost their morale to a great extent. In fact, a parent’s influence on a child is the utmost. This is the place from where I get great tips for parenting http://www.goodparenting.co.in

3. Aaron says:

I tried the nose one this evening, but I couldn’t get my finger to fit…

4. chenster22 says:

ROFL. The lifting one is a riot.

5. Jason D says:

thanks for the advice on breast-feeding the baby. every once in a while, my seven month-old goes for my man-nipple. now i know that that is wrong and will be careful when wearing A-shirts around her.

and the part about the nose-clearing… sometimes the little boogers are at the bottom of the nose, and the best way to clear it out is with a finger or fingernail.

6. JB says:

Love the shoe one!

7. Buckle up! I remember as a kid sleeping in the shelf of the back window in my families 1972 Galaxy 500 on family road trips. How did any of us make it to adulthood!

8. Diana says:

Very nice….makes the point very well!

9. chad says:

dang. i thought i knew what i was doing until now. back to the drawing board.

10. Pat says:

Ohhhh, if I show this to my wife, she’s gonna be all, “I told you so!!”

11. ashley park says:

That was a good laugh for the day….funny!!

12. David Park says:

this is exactly the advice i’ve been looking for! thanks!!!!

13. Mrs.K. says:

Wow, that was terrific. As a mother of two young children (and one in the oven), it’s great being reminded of what not to do, as it’s so easy to forget sometimes. Since it’s been almost a year and a half since I had a new baby, a little refresher course was called for. Now I can be assured that my new baby will be handled properly. I guess I’d better show this to my husband, too.

So have you read Dave Barry’s take on it?? “Babies and other Hazards of Sex; how to make a tiny person in only nine months, with tools you probably have around the home.” A very good laugh.

14. Chad says:

so i noticed they didn’t feature your signature move in the nose-clearing panel (remember that story you told about Jubilee and that cold she had when she was really little?)

15. gnaut says:

fun stuff, since the pictures are not original content, could you please reference the book that this came from?

thanks

16. me says:

gnaut: i found this online on some site for ‘cool stuff.’ so, no idea who the originators are.

17. cho mama says:

where did you get this? i hope not people get wrong ideas from this! 😛

18. Our baby loves our shoes! He also loves eating his own shoes. Is that wrong? I figure, if baby’s happy, let it be. Right now he’s eating headphones and an old sock.

19. […] week, the visual parenting advice seemed funny.  Now, not so […]

20. Eduardo Q. says:

LoL

So funny!!

=D

21. Hahahaha! Yeah, I saw that book at a joke shop, and thought about giving it to my in-laws when they had their first child.

22. […] best parenting advice « eugene cho eugenecho.wordpress.com/2009/09/28/best-parenting-advice – view page – cached This is the most hilarious and visual parenting advice for you new parents. — From the page […]

23. Joy says:

Are you sure the nose one is right? I mean, just yesterday…well, nevermind.

24. Well the hosing off for a bath one is one I’ve done for my then preschool aged son who sat in a waist deep mud puddle for a while with a friend and painted…he thought the outside bath was quite fun though. My “babies” are now 23 and 21 and have become awesome people – sometimes I think in spite of us, LOL. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! They are worth every second. 🙂

25. jHong says:

uhh, PE i think your nose clearing technique is WAYYYY more traumatic.

26. […] best parenting advice « eugene cho […]

27. […] agree that it's come of the easiest to understand and implement parenting advice you've ever seen: best parenting advice eugene cho – October 5th, 2009, 11:57 […]

28. Mary Veil says:

I have a great tip for all parents and you will never never learn about this on any mainstream media –at least, not util it is exposed.

Protect your loved ones from a hidden crime.

Search online : gangstalking, covert harrassment, organized stalking

This is real and worth looking into before it happens to you and yours!

29. Maia says:

Bahahahaaa, oh my gosh no. So funny. The diaper one is too much.

30. These are so great … except my husband makes the threat of using the hose all the time!

31. chomama says:

My hubby always picked wrong feeding method like fourth pic. lol. :p

This was 10 years ago. I dominated my son in wrestling and I know what you're thinking, "How could you employ a rear chokehold armbar kimura on your own son?" Hey, a competition is a competition.

I love you, son. The world is broken. This ia a sad truth. But the story of redemption is not yet finished. God is not yet done. This is the ultimate Truth. Have hope. Press on. Ten years ago, I witnessed one of those "God things" when a church called Interbay Covenant Church gave itself, its legacy, and a building property worth $7 million dollars to @seattlequest. We were then only 5 years old.

Quest is an urban, multiethnic churchplant that started in 2001. We rented the facilities at Interbay Covenant Church - a predominantly older, mostly Anglo congregation with a rich 65 years history. After some time, Pastor Ray Bartel (senior pastor, Interbay) approached me with a "crazy idea" of Interbay "dying to itself and giving itself to Quest" for the sake of the greater Kingdom and the coming generations.

This eventually led to three years of many conversations and prayers. On June 3, 2007, the two churches officially came together to become one church. In giving itself, Interbay also shared their leadership, legacy, and stories. They also gave all of their assets without any strings and without any debt.

Their radical generosity and courage is what enabled Quest to grow - not just numerically - but deeper in discipleship, and deeper in missions - to the city of Seattle and beyond. On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of this merger, we created a short film (check my FB page to see the video) to tell the story - so that our church and the next generations may never forget and that the larger Church may be stirred and encouraged by a greater Kingdom vision.

Thank you, Interbay! The NBA season is over but the hustle and grind continues for my daughter. We argue sometimes but I love training my daughter. She's working hard for her senior year next year. Starting point guard. She's improved a lot. She's one of the quickest players on the floor and has a great midrange jumper. But trying to get her to keep working on her handles, using her off hand and shoulder to protect the ball,  staying and dribbling the ball lower to the ground, and playing aggressive and downhill while remaining in control. That's what we're working on this week. #hoopdreams #ChovarBall Reunited with my favorite elephant, Buh'loom. We bonded earlier this year and I'd like to think that she recognized my voice. Also, appreciate learning about ethical and sustainable eco-tourism. Anywhere. Everywhere. Night markets are the best.