After years of dreaming and conspiring, we’re very excited to share the name and vision of our poverty organization: One Day’s Wages.
What is our vision?
One Day’s Wages is a grassroots organization and movement by which we hope to inspire millions of people to give their “One Day’s Wages” to fight and end extreme global poverty. 100% of your donations will go directly to fund grants, projects, & organizations that are doing amazing work amongst the poorest of the poor. Our purpose is to promote greater awareness about global extreme poverty, invite simple financial giving, and to provide sustainable relief and empowerment through strategic collaborations. Our vision is to change global issues of injustice affecting millions of people, regardless of race, culture, sex, age, or religion.
Here’s our two minute video intro & vision:
What is our commitment?
We are committing our one year’s salary ($68,000) to launch this movement and invite you to join us by donating one day’s wages. Other donations to help with the initial operations fund are needed and appreciated. Imagine what we can accomplish together! [Here’s why we’ve gone public with our pledge.]
What can you do to join the movement?
FOLLOW OUR PROGRESS:
- Website – We’re working hard to get the beta version out by mid-June. For now, we have a landing page where you can sign up for our newsletters.
- Facebook – Already, 712,472 people have joined our Facebook group. Imagine leveraging this global community not just for each person’s ‘one day’s wages’ but to unleash their voices to be a voice for the poorest of the poor around the world.
- Twitter – Follow us on Twitter (@onedayswages) and encourage your followers to follow us!
SHARE: Please forward to people that might be interested in donating or joining. Share this link. Post on your Facebook or blog. Tweet this.
PRAY: While ODW is a non-religious organization that seeks to change global issues of injustice affecting millions of people, regardless of race, culture, sex, age, or religion, our faith in Christ compels us and so we invite people to support us through prayer.
- The beta version of our website to launch by July 1.
- Continual building of our infrastructure, board, team, volunteers, implement Facebook strategy, partnerships, and a couple of events. Sign up for our newsletter or follow us on Twitter. To volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- OFFICIAL LAUNCH: Oct. 20, 2009
We are not the first. There are so many wonderful people and organizations that are already engaged in this pursuit and we are merely joining in. But thankfully, we are not the last and we sincerely hope you would consider joining us in the beginning stages of what we believe will grow to be a movement. Thank you.
Eugene, Minhee & the Cho Kids