one of the greatest days of my life

jcbaptism1

This past Sunday was one of the greatest days of my life.  Minhee and I, along with our other two younger children, and the larger Quest family, witnessed the baptism of my oldest daughter, JC, who after much prayer, chose to make this public profession of her love and devotion to Jesus.  Minhee and the kids came on stage along with others in JC’s class and I had the great joy as her father to baptize her.

It is really hard to put into words  the emotions that Minhee and I experienced but in two words:

Amazing Grace.

Each of our children are proof of God’s amazing grace over our lives.  It wasn’t long ago that JC was just a precocious and precious 2 year old girl with a smile that made my knees weak.

dsc00050

She then started forming some of her own thoughts and opinions. When she learned how to write some words around 6 years old, she wrote this note and placed it on her door after getting in trouble for something:

And then in fourth grade, she blew us away with  her answer to a homework assignment where she was asked to write an essay about how she would help others if she had $100,000. Her “vision plan” challenged and convicted us and helped give birth to our global poverty initiative. Click on the pic to read her essay.

copy-of-100kplan.jpg

Thank you God for giving Minhee and I the deep joy, privilege, and responsibility of nurturing, teaching, and sheperding our three children.  May we not just merely teach but demonstrate to them the wonders and grace of your amazing love through our lives, marriage, and parenting.  May we teach them to Love God and Love Neighbors; to Do Justice, Love Mercy, and Walk Humbly.

Filed under: , , , ,

1. jHong says:

what an incredible blessing she is! i had a late night on saturday but i wouldn’t have missed it for the world. i was so challenged and blessed by her sincere faith. i knew that i would cry at least a little but let me tell you, i was boohooing like WOAH. i feel so proud and so privileged to have been a small part of such a big day.

2. Al Shaw says:

Wow.

I had the privilege of baptizing my own two daughters several years back and I although we have not met, I can truely relate to all you have experienced.

Thank you Lord for your indescribable grace.

3. Yena says:

Congratulations! You are blessed – she’s a special girl and I’m sure God will accomplish great things through her. Thanks for sharing your special day with us.

4. mary miller says:

gorgeous girl inside & out. just wonderful. tnx 4 sharing such a blessing!

5. Jim Chen says:

Congrats PE and family! Not there to see that, but what a special day for everyone! Greetings and blessings from Guam!

6. henryjz says:

I look forward to the day that I get to do that with my kids. I celebrate with you. Awesome!

7. peter ong says:

that is just beautiful. thank for sharing your life with the blog world. you rock.

8. iy. says:

do not destervive!!! hahahahahahahahah awesome.
    i gotta get to know samohnim and your kids.

9. Jim Dekker says:

A great blessing and humble honor to see our children grow in Christ!

10. Hang says:

Your daughter is indeed a special girl to you and the Lord. I have a young todler and am praying everyday that someday when he grows up he will make his own dicision to accept Jesus Christ as your daughter did.

11. Beth says:

There are these moments that God gives pastors to help them through hard times!

Remember this day, and the privilege you have as a minister of the sacraments *to your own flesh and blood,* Eugene. I promise JC will remember the blessing of having *her father* baptize her, and give her the elements at communion.

What peculiar, and precious benefits of your calling!

12. your friend says:

I was moved to tears.

I was her age when I got baptized – baptism was like God’s text marker for me.

I pray it will be the same for her…

Lots of love from the other auntie!

13. […] ‘One of the greatest days of my life’ April 30, 2009 Eugene Cho celebrates the baptism of his daughter, Minhee […]

14. […] past week, at our church’s “Day Retreat”, marked another of  those memorable “one of the greatest days of my […]

Quintessential Seattle summer night... Exciting news! While I can't share the specifics yet, Jeremy Lin (@jlin7) and @onedayswages will be partnering together.
About a year ago, Jeremy reached out after he read my book, Overrated. We talked about, faith, gospel, justice, tenacity, influence, breaking ankles with our crossovers. Eventually, one thing led to another and then dreaming about collaboration for the greater Kingdom.

I appreciate his heart, his humility, and his commitment to use his platform for Christ. And of course, I'm thrilled for his new chapter as the starting point guard for the Brooklyn Nets. He's gonna have a great season. #jeremylin #linsanity #onedayswages #nba #brooklynnets // photo credit: @lovitylove I was trying to have a tender father-daughter grown up talk moment before she heads off to college next month. As in like, "Hey, you're a grown up now, floss regularly,  know who you are, what you're about, study hard, don't succumb to peer pressure, your relationship with God is the first priority, don't take too many selfies, know the difference between "their', 'there', and they're', watch out for boys and their cooties"... but...I'm having a difficult...time...focusing. This fall, I'm marking 25 years of serving as a pastor in the local church. Served in Sacramento, CA, Flushing NY, Princeton, NJ, Seoul, Korea, Lynnwood, WA, and now about 17 years in the city of Seattle. Minhee has been on this journey with me for almost 20 years.
So many ups and downs. Lots of tears and restless nights. Lots of personal doubts and insecurities. But ultimately, we've experienced that God's grace is sufficient in our weakness.
And along the way, so many incredible and indelible memories.
Especially grateful to be invited into the joyous celebrations and also the deep moments of vulnerability and pain. Through it all, what an amazing joy and privilege to bear witness to the grace and love of Christ. Palm trees make everything feel better. Thank you to the kind folks of Mount Hermon for hosting us. Thank you, Santa Cruz for being Santa Cruz. We all have fears because we're human. Name your fears. Have courage. Work through them.

Super proud of the kids for working through their fear of heights and making it through the ropes course challenge and the ziplines.

• Quintessential Seattle summer night... instagram.com/p/BJW_aJuhVtf/ || 3 days ago
  • It's been so beautiful & encouraging to watch countless Olympic athletes from around the world profess their faith in Christ. #GlobalChurch || 3 days ago
  • Commit to a church family that believes that "church" is so much more than a worship service, an event, or its charismatic leader. || 3 days ago
  • Dear Christian: Your neighbors don't want you to see them as a "target group." Who does? They want you to be a good neighbor. Start there. || 5 days ago
  • RT @EugeneCho: YES! Upcoming partnership w/ Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) + @OneDaysWages! Love his heart & passion: goo.gl/qxhvgq https://… || 6 days ago
  • In a culture obsessed with quick results, we must learn the importance of prayer, patience, and perseverance. Be faithful. Be steadfast. || 6 days ago

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,410 other followers