one of the greatest days of my life

jcbaptism1

This past Sunday was one of the greatest days of my life.  Minhee and I, along with our other two younger children, and the larger Quest family, witnessed the baptism of my oldest daughter, JC, who after much prayer, chose to make this public profession of her love and devotion to Jesus.  Minhee and the kids came on stage along with others in JC’s class and I had the great joy as her father to baptize her.

It is really hard to put into words  the emotions that Minhee and I experienced but in two words:

Amazing Grace.

Each of our children are proof of God’s amazing grace over our lives.  It wasn’t long ago that JC was just a precocious and precious 2 year old girl with a smile that made my knees weak.

dsc00050

She then started forming some of her own thoughts and opinions. When she learned how to write some words around 6 years old, she wrote this note and placed it on her door after getting in trouble for something:

And then in fourth grade, she blew us away with  her answer to a homework assignment where she was asked to write an essay about how she would help others if she had $100,000. Her “vision plan” challenged and convicted us and helped give birth to our global poverty initiative. Click on the pic to read her essay.

copy-of-100kplan.jpg

Thank you God for giving Minhee and I the deep joy, privilege, and responsibility of nurturing, teaching, and sheperding our three children.  May we not just merely teach but demonstrate to them the wonders and grace of your amazing love through our lives, marriage, and parenting.  May we teach them to Love God and Love Neighbors; to Do Justice, Love Mercy, and Walk Humbly.

Filed under: , , , ,

1. jHong says:

what an incredible blessing she is! i had a late night on saturday but i wouldn’t have missed it for the world. i was so challenged and blessed by her sincere faith. i knew that i would cry at least a little but let me tell you, i was boohooing like WOAH. i feel so proud and so privileged to have been a small part of such a big day.

2. Al Shaw says:

Wow.

I had the privilege of baptizing my own two daughters several years back and I although we have not met, I can truely relate to all you have experienced.

Thank you Lord for your indescribable grace.

3. Yena says:

Congratulations! You are blessed – she’s a special girl and I’m sure God will accomplish great things through her. Thanks for sharing your special day with us.

4. mary miller says:

gorgeous girl inside & out. just wonderful. tnx 4 sharing such a blessing!

5. Jim Chen says:

Congrats PE and family! Not there to see that, but what a special day for everyone! Greetings and blessings from Guam!

6. henryjz says:

I look forward to the day that I get to do that with my kids. I celebrate with you. Awesome!

7. peter ong says:

that is just beautiful. thank for sharing your life with the blog world. you rock.

8. iy. says:

do not destervive!!! hahahahahahahahah awesome.
    i gotta get to know samohnim and your kids.

9. Jim Dekker says:

A great blessing and humble honor to see our children grow in Christ!

10. Hang says:

Your daughter is indeed a special girl to you and the Lord. I have a young todler and am praying everyday that someday when he grows up he will make his own dicision to accept Jesus Christ as your daughter did.

11. Beth says:

There are these moments that God gives pastors to help them through hard times!

Remember this day, and the privilege you have as a minister of the sacraments *to your own flesh and blood,* Eugene. I promise JC will remember the blessing of having *her father* baptize her, and give her the elements at communion.

What peculiar, and precious benefits of your calling!

12. your friend says:

I was moved to tears.

I was her age when I got baptized – baptism was like God’s text marker for me.

I pray it will be the same for her…

Lots of love from the other auntie!

13. […] ‘One of the greatest days of my life’ April 30, 2009 Eugene Cho celebrates the baptism of his daughter, Minhee […]

14. […] past week, at our church’s “Day Retreat”, marked another of  those memorable “one of the greatest days of my […]

My Padawan. My son. My youngest. Encouraging him to not just hit the hoop courts but also the books. Minhee and I met these college boys when we first arrived in Seattle in 1997. They were part of our bible study that we led in our apartment for college students. They were also among the group of 7 people that helped start @seattlequest.

Much has changed in the world...but not their friendship and love. Thank you Jin and George. We love and honor you. These are crazy times in our country and larger world but nevertheless, we're going to keep pursuing the things that God has placed upon our hearts. We're pressing forward...doing our part to reflect mercy, compassion, and justice - locally and globally.

Wednesdays are my @onedayswages office day and I especially love the culmination of hard work for our interns, volunteers, 2 full-time staff, and board as we collaborate with our NGO partners. This week, we signed these checks as we granted out over $75,000 to provide better health care for mothers and their families in Mali and Nepal.

THANK YOU for making this possible Your classic play it cool because you're visiting your old stomping grounds at Princeton and pretend you're not cold but in actuality, you're freezing picture. 20 years, 2 weeks, and counting. What a journey with this woman. I love her...and I want to keep growing in love, honor, and respect. Great to catch up with @jlin7 in Brooklyn at the Nets game. Grateful for his partnership with @onedayswages to support our Girls' Empowerment Fund. The season hasn't been what he hoped for with major injuries...but we can't wait to see you back on the court soon and do what you do. Stay encouraged, brother. Thanks for your faithful witness for Christ.

• Shine a light on the evil of modern slavery. May it also challenge US with where we shop, what we eat, how we embod… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 12 hours ago
  • The best way to become a better storyteller...is to simply live a more honest, deeper, and faithful life. || 1 day ago
  • My Padawan. My son. My youngest. Encouraging him to not just hit the courts but also the books. instagram.com/p/BQ1MClRgHxK/ || 1 day ago
  • Don't underestimate what God can do through you. God has a very long history of using foolish and broken people for His purposes and glory. || 2 days ago
  • The statement,"Theology doesn't matter.I just want to love Jesus!" is in itself a theological statement & proof why theology really matters. || 2 days ago
  • Never forget. 75 years ago today (2/19/42), the USA govt issued Executive Order 9066 to send 120,000 Japanese Ameri… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 4 days ago