Dear friends, supporter, and folks that have prayed and encouraged me over the years:
First, thank you for your love, prayers, and support. Sincerely.
This is the big week/month I get to share my first book, Overrated: Are We More in Love With the Idea of Changing the World than Actually Changing the World? with the world. (The official launch date is Monday, September 1.)
I’m excited, nervous, humbled, and everything in between. In many ways, it feels like that hour immediately after you’ve preached your guts and heart out…and you feel very vulnerable to everything. You want to just go to a corner, hide, and think about all the ways you should have said certain things differently. This is how I feel. I wish I could have changed this and that in the book. There are times I wish I never clicked that “send” button on my computer.
On the other hand, I’m humbled and really excited about this book. I’m humbled because all one can do is to be faithful to the opportunities that God places before you…and that’s it. I rest in this. Truthfully, I’m also excited because I believe in this book. I know that authors are supposed to say that about their own books but this book flows deeply out of my own heart as my personal confession. This book is about Justice, Discipleship and ultimately, about following Jesus. But I’ve learned, at times painfully, that it’s not just about us doing justice, this journey is also about allowing the work of justice to change us. Our calling is not simply to change the world but perhaps as important…is to be changed ourselves.
So, here’s my humble ask: If I’ve been of any encouragement to you in your faith and life journey, would you consider helping me get the word out on this book. Here’s three ways you can help:
SPREAD THE WORD
This week and if you’re able, throughout September, please help spread the word about this book – especially through social media channels such as Facebook or Twitter. If you can, please link http://areyouoverrated.com and use the hashtag #OverratedBook. You can find assets and graphics to help promote the book here.
Here’s some sample stuff if you need help:
- Check out #OverratedBook by @EugeneCho – a convicting book about justice, discipleship, and following Jesus: http://areyouoverrated.com
- Put #OverratedBook by @EugeneCho on your list. Best part of wanting to change the world is that you will get changed: http://areyouoverrated.com
- Are we the most overrated generation? Check out the new #OverratedBook by @EugeneCho:http://areyouoverrated.com
BUY A COPY
If you haven’t done so yet, you can order a copy anywhere books are sold including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Christian Book Distributors, BooksForChrist (for Canadians), or simply pick one up at a local bookstore.
You may also want to consider buying a box of books for your reading group, leaders, staff, church, or school.
This is most important and even after you finish reading this post, please take a minute and lift my family and I in your prayers.
- Prayers for purpose. One of my prayers about the book has nothing to do about the book selling well. Yes, of course, I want folks to read it but for importantly, I just pray that it’ll bless, challenge, convict, and edify the body of Christ. Pray that book has a purpose. Pray that it helps the believer grow in their discipleship and a non-Christian to be fascinated by the Gospel.
- Prayers for balance and humility as I continue to juggle – like all of you – the numerous passions of our lives. What matters to me isn’t being an author, or selling books, being a pastor, or even being a husband or father. I know it sounds almost nonsensical but I simply want to be faithful in response to the Gospel in my life.
- Prayers for wisdom. As an extreme introvert, I have mixed feelings about this season of my life. I’m encouraged by the opportunity to share more deeply the convictions that God has placed upon my heart. I feel so blessed to be one of the pastors at Quest. I’m floored by God’s grace that I have the opportunity to proclaim and preach the whole Gospel throughout various cities and countries, and I’m wrestling through the other stuff and attention that accompany these things and a new book.
Thank you so much.
May God be glorified and honored through this book.
Stuff to help share the book:
More designs can be found here.
And some videos:
The Hero Complex
5 Replies to “Thanks for your prayers and support. This is the week I share #OverratedBook with the world.”
Happy to do all of the above, Eugene. My husband and I have followed your work quietly for years and so appreciate your insights on humility, transparency and justice. May God use your work in great ways. We will certainly be reading it ourselves and passing it along to many.
Thank you so much.
Spreading the word on Facebook & Twitter… and can’t wait to get my copy this week… and can’t wait to hear you teach at my church (The Meeting House) on September 28!
Thank you and look forward to saying hello in Toronto.