amazing “korean” gospel choir

Wow.  I’m speechless.

I don’t have the energy to post anything substantive but wanted to share this video of a gospel choir called  Heritage Mass Choir.

What makes them even a more pleasant surprise is that this is a Korean gospel choir. Who says we don’t have s(e)oul?  They’re singing a song entitled, My Desire is to Worship God (Kirk Franklin), in Korean and if you only want a tidbit, start watching around 3:00.

Inspiring.

Filed under: , , , , ,

1. Um, wow!!! It’s interesting because gospel music also has a tremendous following in Japan. Now if my pastor dad could get his church choir to rock like this! Thanks for posting.

2. That is amazing, I did that song with a gospel choir in college, and it never came out sounding like that. They rock!

3. Amy says:

Awesome, thanks for posting this!

4. justin says:

nice. they need to practice their moves a little, though… ha.

5. Hilary says:

I love this song! We sang this in my high school gospel choir– so cool to hear it in Korean. They are great!

6. Hilary says:

Just for the record though, the song title is actually “My Desire” off Kirk’s Nu Nation Project album.

7. Darlene says:

That’s hot!

8. me says:

@justin: in their defense, they are a gospel choir and and not a dance crew. 🙂

9. Rebecca says:

So when are we doing this at Quest? That’s what I want to know!

10. gar says:

Those folks got soul… mos def.

I miss having a choir in our church service.

11. The Chiz says:

I’m SO getting some jackets with tails.

12. EXCELLENT! This smile of mine is starting to Shine:-D

13. Tony, lover of diverse worship says:

Oh. My. goodness. This is amazing! I love this video. I can’t express how sad I am that we never venture into multicultural worship at Quest… which is weird since multiethnicity is such a value of ours!

14. me says:

@Tony: thanks for the note. i’d love that. if you’re interested in helping, contact jess and matt. they’d love to hear from you.

15. Tony says:

Cool! Summer’s coming up which will give me much more time for that. Perhaps I will touch base with them…

16. akoosticman says:

yeah, they’re sick.. but i was kind of discouraged by some comments – so many haters out there .. and most of them are on youtube hiding behind their anonymity..

17. Love this. Thanks for sharing.

18. Pastor Brian says:

I would love to know where or how to reach this amazing choir.If someone have a contact please share it with me. God Bless

19. Albus says:

Læs mere om gospel her http://www.gospelmusik.dk eller opret en profil af dit gospelkor her med link til jeres hjemmeside http://www.gospelmusik.dk/gospelkor_database/

20. Pam says:

A friend of mine sent me a link to this choir on YouTube. They are fantastic. I got chills listening to them. Have they made a CD yet?

21. William says:

I did a search on this choir on you tube. They are so annointed. I am trying to find the cd so I can purchase it. They touched my soul as well

"He Makes All Things New." In other words, Christ is our eternal hope. I'm sitting in my swinging bench on the comforts of my front porch after an exhilarating and exhausting day at church. It never gets tiring, stale, or old to preach and proclaim the good news of the Gospel - not just on Resurrection Sunday but every week as we gather as the body of Christ.

But it was this picture of Coptic Christians in Egypt pouring into churches on Easter Sunday that deeply moved my heart...just a week after two churches were bombed by ISIS terrorists taking 45 lives and injuring hundreds.

Even in the face of persecution and suffering, I'm so grateful for the witness of these sisters and brothers in Christ. May they be comforted and strengthened...and wherever you are reading this post, stay encouraged. Be faithful and steadfast. Don't give up. May we keep running the race set before us as we fix our eyes on Christ.

It's not just there. It's all over the world...God is still at work. The Holy Spirit is still moving. God is not yet done. There's only one explanation:
Christ has risen! He has risen, indeed! Jesus is alive! Hallelujah! #OneChurch Remember, there is no Resurrection without the Crucifixion; No Easter Sunday without Passion Friday; No empty tomb without the Cross.

So, before we move too swiftly to the celebration of the risen Christ, may we sit at the foot of the Cross...and consider the depths of His sacrifice and love. "Oh, what love is this..." Just when we think we get what it means to follow Him, Jesus washes the feet of His disciples including...the one He knew would betray Him,

and the one that would deny him,

and the others that would abandon Him in His greatest need.

What amazing love.
What amazing grace. Oh. What. Amazing. Grace. M(inhee) + E(ugene). Not taking anything for granted. 20 years = 7300 days = 175,200 hours. A flourishing  marriage doesn't just happen. The idea that two Christians who choose to get married will produce a Christ honoring marriage is a gigantic myth. Its also extremely dangerous. The truth is that it takes so much intentionality and work. Intimacy definitely includes physical touch but is not only about physical touch. We have to pray, read, listen, learn, mutually submit, confess, forgive, repent, laugh, dream, rest, play, and the list goes on.

In other words, we have to keep Christ at the center because it's inevitable, there's a lot of messing up. So much messing up. It's both beautiful and painful and without grace, it's impossible.

Grateful. Thank you, Jesus, for your grace. And thank you, Minhee...

• Take heart. Press on. Be encouraged. Christ is still risen. || 1 day ago
  • It's not Easter. Crowds may be smaller. But may we preach the Gospel w/ deep conviction; That we truly believe that the tomb is still empty. || 1 day ago
  • Looking for a church in Seattle? Join us tomorrow to hear a word from this woman of God. The tomb is still empty! twitter.com/LizVerHage/sta… || 1 day ago
  • The degradation of our environment impacts all but the reality is that poor communities suffer most...perpetuating the injustice of poverty. || 1 day ago
  • Caring for God's creation should always be part of our stewardship. In other words, it's not optional but an essential part of discipleship. || 1 day ago
  • Fantastic @CTmagazine piece about @gailsongbantum, Executive Pastor @SeattleQuest. Inspired by her story/leadership: christianitytoday.com/women-leaders/… || 3 days ago