amazing “korean” gospel choir

Wow.  I’m speechless.

I don’t have the energy to post anything substantive but wanted to share this video of a gospel choir called  Heritage Mass Choir.

What makes them even a more pleasant surprise is that this is a Korean gospel choir. Who says we don’t have s(e)oul?  They’re singing a song entitled, My Desire is to Worship God (Kirk Franklin), in Korean and if you only want a tidbit, start watching around 3:00.

Inspiring.

Filed under: , , , , ,

1. Um, wow!!! It’s interesting because gospel music also has a tremendous following in Japan. Now if my pastor dad could get his church choir to rock like this! Thanks for posting.

2. That is amazing, I did that song with a gospel choir in college, and it never came out sounding like that. They rock!

3. Amy says:

Awesome, thanks for posting this!

4. justin says:

nice. they need to practice their moves a little, though… ha.

5. Hilary says:

I love this song! We sang this in my high school gospel choir– so cool to hear it in Korean. They are great!

6. Hilary says:

Just for the record though, the song title is actually “My Desire” off Kirk’s Nu Nation Project album.

7. Darlene says:

That’s hot!

8. me says:

@justin: in their defense, they are a gospel choir and and not a dance crew. 🙂

9. Rebecca says:

So when are we doing this at Quest? That’s what I want to know!

10. gar says:

Those folks got soul… mos def.

I miss having a choir in our church service.

11. The Chiz says:

I’m SO getting some jackets with tails.

12. EXCELLENT! This smile of mine is starting to Shine:-D

13. Tony, lover of diverse worship says:

Oh. My. goodness. This is amazing! I love this video. I can’t express how sad I am that we never venture into multicultural worship at Quest… which is weird since multiethnicity is such a value of ours!

14. me says:

@Tony: thanks for the note. i’d love that. if you’re interested in helping, contact jess and matt. they’d love to hear from you.

15. Tony says:

Cool! Summer’s coming up which will give me much more time for that. Perhaps I will touch base with them…

16. akoosticman says:

yeah, they’re sick.. but i was kind of discouraged by some comments – so many haters out there .. and most of them are on youtube hiding behind their anonymity..

17. Love this. Thanks for sharing.

18. Pastor Brian says:

I would love to know where or how to reach this amazing choir.If someone have a contact please share it with me. God Bless

19. Albus says:

Læs mere om gospel her http://www.gospelmusik.dk eller opret en profil af dit gospelkor her med link til jeres hjemmeside http://www.gospelmusik.dk/gospelkor_database/

20. Pam says:

A friend of mine sent me a link to this choir on YouTube. They are fantastic. I got chills listening to them. Have they made a CD yet?

21. William says:

I did a search on this choir on you tube. They are so annointed. I am trying to find the cd so I can purchase it. They touched my soul as well

41 years ago today, our family immigrated to the United States from Seoul, South Korea. I was six years old; the youngest of three sons. My father, when he was also six, fled from what is now known as North Korea. Just recently, he shared with me that he and some of his family had been in a refugee camp when war and violence broke out on the Korean peninsula. It's emotional thinking about what my brothers and I went through coming to a completely foreign country. It wasn't easy. And then, I think about what my parents had to go through:

They fled their homes near Pyongyang which also meant leaving some of their extended families.

They experienced unfathomable hunger and poverty.

They experienced the pain of war.

They immigrated again to the United States as adults with minimal resources and a handful of English words.

All in hopes that their children would have the opportunities that were never afforded to them.

I'm thinking of my brothers today. I'm thinking of my parents and honoring them for their sacrifice and tenacity. And finally, I'm thinking of refugees and immigrants all around the world that are yearning for family, peace, hope, and opportunities. Don't reduce Martin Luther King Jr. to a yearly quote on social media. Live out the dream. Seek first the Kingdom of God. Confront evil. Be a truth-teller. Seek justice. Love mercy. Pursue reconciliation. Build bridges. Love your neighbors. Forgive your enemies. Pray unceasingly. Live a committed life of peace, love, and justice.

The God who deposited this dream into MLK is still speaking to us today.

Be brave. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." ~ Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Here's the full context of his famous quote: "The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate. Only love can do that." An important word for the Church... Oh, how God loves the nations. The Scriptures make this so clear. No one - let alone, the leader of a country - should ever disparage other nations with such a disgusting comment.

To the beautiful people of Haiti, El Salvador, and of the many countries of Africa: We are so sorry. Please accept our apologies on behalf of President Trump.

I've had the privilege of being in Haiti twice and numerous countries in Africa including Kenya where I took this picture during an afternoon drive near Kijabe. In many of these visits, I witnessed such creativity, courage, leadership, hospitality and kindness. To follow Jesus without obedience, repentance, self-denial, and dying to self is an oxymoron. In other words, are we more in love with the idea of following Jesus than actually following Jesus?

Grateful for an incredible Sunday at @seattlequest of beginning our 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting.

• Be humble. The world is bigger than your view of the world. And certainly, God is much bigger than your view of God. || 17 hours ago
  • 41 years ago today, our family immigrated to the United States from Seoul, South Korea. I was… instagram.com/p/BeEoA_ogLtx/ || 3 days ago
  • Don't be lazy and make assumptions about people. Ask about their story. Then listen. Be humble. Be teachable. Be human. Be a good neighbor. || 4 days ago
  • Don't reduce Martin Luther King Jr. to a yearly quote on social media. Live out the dream.… instagram.com/p/Bd_bYCDgM9h/ || 5 days ago
  • Everyone loves the idea of justice...until there's a personal cost. But there's always a cost to justice. Grateful… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… || 6 days ago
  • RT @BerniceKing: As you honor my father today, please remember and honor my mother, as well. She was the architect of the King Legacy and f… || 6 days ago