amazing “korean” gospel choir

Wow.  I’m speechless.

I don’t have the energy to post anything substantive but wanted to share this video of a gospel choir called  Heritage Mass Choir.

What makes them even a more pleasant surprise is that this is a Korean gospel choir. Who says we don’t have s(e)oul?  They’re singing a song entitled, My Desire is to Worship God (Kirk Franklin), in Korean and if you only want a tidbit, start watching around 3:00.

Inspiring.

Filed under: , , , , ,

1. Um, wow!!! It’s interesting because gospel music also has a tremendous following in Japan. Now if my pastor dad could get his church choir to rock like this! Thanks for posting.

2. That is amazing, I did that song with a gospel choir in college, and it never came out sounding like that. They rock!

3. Amy says:

Awesome, thanks for posting this!

4. justin says:

nice. they need to practice their moves a little, though… ha.

5. Hilary says:

I love this song! We sang this in my high school gospel choir– so cool to hear it in Korean. They are great!

6. Hilary says:

Just for the record though, the song title is actually “My Desire” off Kirk’s Nu Nation Project album.

7. Darlene says:

That’s hot!

8. me says:

@justin: in their defense, they are a gospel choir and and not a dance crew. 🙂

9. Rebecca says:

So when are we doing this at Quest? That’s what I want to know!

10. gar says:

Those folks got soul… mos def.

I miss having a choir in our church service.

11. The Chiz says:

I’m SO getting some jackets with tails.

12. EXCELLENT! This smile of mine is starting to Shine:-D

13. Tony, lover of diverse worship says:

Oh. My. goodness. This is amazing! I love this video. I can’t express how sad I am that we never venture into multicultural worship at Quest… which is weird since multiethnicity is such a value of ours!

14. me says:

@Tony: thanks for the note. i’d love that. if you’re interested in helping, contact jess and matt. they’d love to hear from you.

15. Tony says:

Cool! Summer’s coming up which will give me much more time for that. Perhaps I will touch base with them…

16. akoosticman says:

yeah, they’re sick.. but i was kind of discouraged by some comments – so many haters out there .. and most of them are on youtube hiding behind their anonymity..

17. Love this. Thanks for sharing.

18. Pastor Brian says:

I would love to know where or how to reach this amazing choir.If someone have a contact please share it with me. God Bless

19. Albus says:

Læs mere om gospel her http://www.gospelmusik.dk eller opret en profil af dit gospelkor her med link til jeres hjemmeside http://www.gospelmusik.dk/gospelkor_database/

20. Pam says:

A friend of mine sent me a link to this choir on YouTube. They are fantastic. I got chills listening to them. Have they made a CD yet?

21. William says:

I did a search on this choir on you tube. They are so annointed. I am trying to find the cd so I can purchase it. They touched my soul as well

Everyone loves the idea of  reconciliation...until it involves truthtelling, confessing, repenting, dismantling, forgiving, and peacemaking. Charlottesville. So heartbreaking and infuriating. We weep and mourn over the hatred in the hearts of these white nationalists. We weep and mourn but we can't be defeated.

As I stare at this photo that's making its round on the internet, I'm reminded of the utter importance of showing up. I'm grateful for the news media, law enforcement, clergy, and peaceful protesters that are currently there to report, protect, pray, and protest.

And this is an invitation to us. May we not be mere bystanders. May we keep pressing forward. Seek justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly. Commit to truth-telling, justice, reconciliation, peacemaking. Follow the ways of Christ. Every day. And it's important to note that we don't have to go to Charlottesville to do this. In fact, it's more important that we do this exactly where we're at. May we live out the call to reconciliation in our churches, workplaces, neighborhoods, schools, and around our dining tables. Lord, may it be so... We don't have to go to Charlottesville to do this. We have to do this wherever were called to be.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ~ Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. /// Thanks to those who let me know that the photo wasn't actually from today but rather from last month in Charlottesville. - https://www.facebook.com/FrankSomervilleKTVU/posts/1551137301616258:0 Grateful for a spontaneous, last minute trip with Minhee to my old stomping grounds - San Francisco. 48 hours of visiting this special city that I called home for so many years.

Pic 1: Went to the Cliff House restaurant where we got engaged about 21 years ago to make out. Oops, sorry, I meant...to reflect on God's faithfulness over these many years.

Pic 2: Walked across the Golden Gate Bridge because it's such an iconic place - with some of the most incredible views.

Pic 3: Enjoyed a glass of some Cabernet Sauvignon and pretended to be wine connoisseurs at a vineyard.

Pic 4: Had lunch at my favorite Chinese restaurant, Sam Tung, which boasts some of the best chicken in the country. And of course, we ate at In-n-out.

Pic 5: And finally, celebrated with the good folks at @thefreedomstory where @onedayswages received their annual Freedom Award. What an honor.

Grateful. Thankful for this sabbatical. Breathe.

Show yourself some grace.

We can't do everything for everyone in every situation. Do what you can and do it with a joyful heart.

Amen A family that eats sushi together stays together.

Seriously, I don't ever remember eating so much as a teenager but these kids eat and eat and eat. Perhaps, the reason why this kid is pushing 6 feet tall. Grateful for a special treat with the family at @JaponessaSeattle. I'm sharing an obligatory, "I love and appreciate my wife, she's amazing" photo. Also...because I did something naughty...or brilliant. ;) Seattle is in the midst of a crazy heatwave. Near 100 degrees, hazy, and humid. An excessive heat advisory warning has also been issued.

So, Minhee and I needed to run some errands. It waa horrible but sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do. It's also known as adulting.

So, I'm driving and the air conditioning seems to have minimal effect. Minhee is in the passenger's seat and umm, when she's not paying attention, I turn on her seat heater to 5 - the highest level. All along, she's complaining about how hot she is...for nearly an hour...until she finally realizes what I did.

Bam. Boom. Gotcha.

Minhee, I love you!

• RT @mrmedina: When Bryan Stevenson speaks, we do well to listen. https://t.co/o5GJD0KWR2 || 12 hours ago
  • "Mourn with those who mourn." Lifting up the people of Sierra Leone in prayers. Hundreds dead and many more missing… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 14 hours ago
  • Dear Barcelona: We are so sorry. We mourn the violence and tragedy in your beautiful city. We pray for healing and yearn for peace. Amen. || 1 day ago
  • Love wins in the end but meanwhile, it fights for things that matter. Love isn't sentimental. It's both gentle & fierce. Seek God's Kingdom. || 2 days ago
  • In response to racism, folks often say, "It's a sin issue." Yes...but don't be naive. Sin creates sinful systems: youtube.com/watch?v=LEbUa0… || 3 days ago
  • Everyone loves the idea of reconciliation...until it involves truthtelling, confessing, repenting, dismantling, forgiving, and peacemaking. || 5 days ago