amazing “korean” gospel choir

Wow.  I’m speechless.

I don’t have the energy to post anything substantive but wanted to share this video of a gospel choir called  Heritage Mass Choir.

What makes them even a more pleasant surprise is that this is a Korean gospel choir. Who says we don’t have s(e)oul?  They’re singing a song entitled, My Desire is to Worship God (Kirk Franklin), in Korean and if you only want a tidbit, start watching around 3:00.

Inspiring.

Filed under: , , , , ,

1. Um, wow!!! It’s interesting because gospel music also has a tremendous following in Japan. Now if my pastor dad could get his church choir to rock like this! Thanks for posting.

2. That is amazing, I did that song with a gospel choir in college, and it never came out sounding like that. They rock!

3. Amy says:

Awesome, thanks for posting this!

4. justin says:

nice. they need to practice their moves a little, though… ha.

5. Hilary says:

I love this song! We sang this in my high school gospel choir– so cool to hear it in Korean. They are great!

6. Hilary says:

Just for the record though, the song title is actually “My Desire” off Kirk’s Nu Nation Project album.

7. Darlene says:

That’s hot!

8. me says:

@justin: in their defense, they are a gospel choir and and not a dance crew. 🙂

9. Rebecca says:

So when are we doing this at Quest? That’s what I want to know!

10. gar says:

Those folks got soul… mos def.

I miss having a choir in our church service.

11. The Chiz says:

I’m SO getting some jackets with tails.

12. EXCELLENT! This smile of mine is starting to Shine:-D

13. Tony, lover of diverse worship says:

Oh. My. goodness. This is amazing! I love this video. I can’t express how sad I am that we never venture into multicultural worship at Quest… which is weird since multiethnicity is such a value of ours!

14. me says:

@Tony: thanks for the note. i’d love that. if you’re interested in helping, contact jess and matt. they’d love to hear from you.

15. Tony says:

Cool! Summer’s coming up which will give me much more time for that. Perhaps I will touch base with them…

16. akoosticman says:

yeah, they’re sick.. but i was kind of discouraged by some comments – so many haters out there .. and most of them are on youtube hiding behind their anonymity..

17. Love this. Thanks for sharing.

18. Pastor Brian says:

I would love to know where or how to reach this amazing choir.If someone have a contact please share it with me. God Bless

19. Albus says:

Læs mere om gospel her http://www.gospelmusik.dk eller opret en profil af dit gospelkor her med link til jeres hjemmeside http://www.gospelmusik.dk/gospelkor_database/

20. Pam says:

A friend of mine sent me a link to this choir on YouTube. They are fantastic. I got chills listening to them. Have they made a CD yet?

21. William says:

I did a search on this choir on you tube. They are so annointed. I am trying to find the cd so I can purchase it. They touched my soul as well

My Padawan. My son. My youngest. Encouraging him to not just hit the hoop courts but also the books. Minhee and I met these college boys when we first arrived in Seattle in 1997. They were part of our bible study that we led in our apartment for college students. They were also among the group of 7 people that helped start @seattlequest.

Much has changed in the world...but not their friendship and love. Thank you Jin and George. We love and honor you. These are crazy times in our country and larger world but nevertheless, we're going to keep pursuing the things that God has placed upon our hearts. We're pressing forward...doing our part to reflect mercy, compassion, and justice - locally and globally.

Wednesdays are my @onedayswages office day and I especially love the culmination of hard work for our interns, volunteers, 2 full-time staff, and board as we collaborate with our NGO partners. This week, we signed these checks as we granted out over $75,000 to provide better health care for mothers and their families in Mali and Nepal.

THANK YOU for making this possible Your classic play it cool because you're visiting your old stomping grounds at Princeton and pretend you're not cold but in actuality, you're freezing picture. 20 years, 2 weeks, and counting. What a journey with this woman. I love her...and I want to keep growing in love, honor, and respect. Great to catch up with @jlin7 in Brooklyn at the Nets game. Grateful for his partnership with @onedayswages to support our Girls' Empowerment Fund. The season hasn't been what he hoped for with major injuries...but we can't wait to see you back on the court soon and do what you do. Stay encouraged, brother. Thanks for your faithful witness for Christ.