amazing “korean” gospel choir

Wow.  I’m speechless.

I don’t have the energy to post anything substantive but wanted to share this video of a gospel choir called  Heritage Mass Choir.

What makes them even a more pleasant surprise is that this is a Korean gospel choir. Who says we don’t have s(e)oul?  They’re singing a song entitled, My Desire is to Worship God (Kirk Franklin), in Korean and if you only want a tidbit, start watching around 3:00.

Inspiring.

Filed under: , , , , ,

1. Um, wow!!! It’s interesting because gospel music also has a tremendous following in Japan. Now if my pastor dad could get his church choir to rock like this! Thanks for posting.

2. That is amazing, I did that song with a gospel choir in college, and it never came out sounding like that. They rock!

3. Amy says:

Awesome, thanks for posting this!

4. justin says:

nice. they need to practice their moves a little, though… ha.

5. Hilary says:

I love this song! We sang this in my high school gospel choir– so cool to hear it in Korean. They are great!

6. Hilary says:

Just for the record though, the song title is actually “My Desire” off Kirk’s Nu Nation Project album.

7. Darlene says:

That’s hot!

8. me says:

@justin: in their defense, they are a gospel choir and and not a dance crew. 🙂

9. Rebecca says:

So when are we doing this at Quest? That’s what I want to know!

10. gar says:

Those folks got soul… mos def.

I miss having a choir in our church service.

11. The Chiz says:

I’m SO getting some jackets with tails.

12. EXCELLENT! This smile of mine is starting to Shine:-D

13. Tony, lover of diverse worship says:

Oh. My. goodness. This is amazing! I love this video. I can’t express how sad I am that we never venture into multicultural worship at Quest… which is weird since multiethnicity is such a value of ours!

14. me says:

@Tony: thanks for the note. i’d love that. if you’re interested in helping, contact jess and matt. they’d love to hear from you.

15. Tony says:

Cool! Summer’s coming up which will give me much more time for that. Perhaps I will touch base with them…

16. akoosticman says:

yeah, they’re sick.. but i was kind of discouraged by some comments – so many haters out there .. and most of them are on youtube hiding behind their anonymity..

17. Love this. Thanks for sharing.

18. Pastor Brian says:

I would love to know where or how to reach this amazing choir.If someone have a contact please share it with me. God Bless

19. Albus says:

Læs mere om gospel her http://www.gospelmusik.dk eller opret en profil af dit gospelkor her med link til jeres hjemmeside http://www.gospelmusik.dk/gospelkor_database/

20. Pam says:

A friend of mine sent me a link to this choir on YouTube. They are fantastic. I got chills listening to them. Have they made a CD yet?

21. William says:

I did a search on this choir on you tube. They are so annointed. I am trying to find the cd so I can purchase it. They touched my soul as well

You can do it, sun. Break through the clouds. I love her. Saturday morning date at Pike Market with @minheejcho. Enjoying the final day of sun before 6 months of rain and gray. Not lol'ing. Some of my moat memorable travels have been to Myanmar (otherwise known as Burma). In fact, the vision of @onedayswages began on my first visit to this country in 2006. On a recent visit, I began learning about the Rohingya people. Sadly, it has escalated to horrendous, genocidal proportions.

Thus far, about 500,000 people have been driven out from Myanmar through violence...with most going to Bangledesh...regulated to a massive refugee camp. Stateless. Undocumented. Minority groups. Dehumanized. Homes and villages destroyed. And so much more unspeakable atrocities.

Yes, it's complex and messy. It always is. But the root of this injustice as the case for so much brokeness in the world is the sin of dehumanizing one anotber as..."the other." May we see each person, including the Rohingya people, as one who is created in the image of God. It's the truth and the remedy to the incessant dehumanization that goes on in our world.

Lord, in your mercy. The obedience of discipleship which includes the work of justice is a marathon. It's long, arduous, and emotional. Be tenacious. But also take care of yourself. Create healthy rhythms. Don't burn out. We need you for the marathon. Friends, don't give up. Press on. In the midst of so much chaos in the world, may we continue to cling to the hope of the whole Gospel. May we cling unto Jesus:

Way maker!
Miracle worker!
Promise keeper!
Light in the darkness!
That is who You are!

What an encounter with the Holy Spirit at @seattlequest today. Grateful for our worship team, the gospel choir, and the Audio/Visual team. Thank you Matt, Teresita, and Chris. Please thank all the volunteers for us. .
The world is broken.
But God is not yet done.
God's work of restoration