Is it ok to sometimes poke fun and laugh at ourselves? I hope so because if not, I’m in some big trouble. As in, I might get blacklisted by the Christian evangelical subculture.
In reponse to the question about the 10 Most Essential Christian Books, I received some fabulous and interesting suggestions. But I also started getting a list from people regarding the most anti-essential Christian books or in other words, books that should never be published so I’ve taken the liberty of listing some of them here. And if you’re gonna get offended, I have two things to say: 1) It’s not my list or umm, it’s not all mine. Don’t kill the messenger! and 2) Relax. It’s okay to make fun of ourselves sometimes. I hope.
If you want to laugh even more, check out 10 reasons why men shouldn’t be ordained.
I’ll share my list of essential book soon but for now, enjoy this list of the Christian Books that should NOT be Published from various commenters from this blog. You folks are mean!
And dare I ask:
What would you add to the list?
Update: I’m adding the American Patriot’s Bible to this list. The crazy thing is that it’s a real book unlike the list below.
- Everyone Is Going To Hell Except Me – John MacArthur
- There’s No ‘U’ in Ministry: A Woman’s Guide – Mark Driscoll
- Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid – John Hagee
- God’s Most Glorified When We’re Most Calvinified in Him – John Piper
- Right Behind – a fresh set of Apocalyptic chronicles – Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins
- Eugene Cho Hasn’t Published Squat so No One Can Even Make Fun of Him – by Eugene Cho
- We Know Jesus Better Than You Do – The Vatican Curia
- I’m Cool With Whatever (Featuring Enhanced Doodle Graphics) – Brian McLaren
- This Book Looks Longer Than It Really Is – Rob Bell
- God Wants You To Pay For My Airplane – Creflo Dollar
- Where are the Women authors. – Nobody
- 10 Keys To The 8 Steps To The 3 Paths To The 1 Way to God (TM) – Rick Warren
- I Secretly Wish I Were the Pope: A Memoir – N.T. Wright
- How to Smile – Joel Osteen
- How to Fall in My Presence – Benny Hinn
- Hippie Christianity for Ordinary Rednecks – Shane Claiborne
- You Can Kiss Dating My Daughter Goodbye – Joshua Harris, Sr.
- God is not Greeat by Christopher Hitchens.
- Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church (without ever talking to ANY of them)–D. A. Carson
- Jlefhksfb Ghaube Wihefbfb Erqnai (If You Can Read This, You’re Into Acts 2) – Kenneth Copeland
- Sweatin’ to the Old Testament – TD Jakes
- I’m Not Saying He’s A Heretic… But He Is: A Response to N.T. Wright’s Response to John Piper’s Response to N.T. Wright
- The Beginner’s Guide to Chekovian-Socratic, Marxist-Gadamerean, Prophetic Christianity – Cornel West
- People Won’t Read This But Will Claim To Have – C.S. Lewis
- “Yep, Here’s Another One” by Max Lucado
Seriously, I think I’m going to get in trouble…