Christian books that should NOT be published.

Is it ok to sometimes poke fun and laugh at ourselves? I hope so because if not, I’m in some big trouble. As in, I might get blacklisted by the Christian evangelical subculture.

In reponse to the question about the 10 Most Essential Christian Books, I received some fabulous and interesting suggestions. But I also started getting a list from people regarding the most anti-essential Christian books or in other words, books that should never be published so I’ve taken the liberty of listing some of them here.  And if you’re gonna get offended, I have two things to say:  1) It’s not my list or umm, it’s not all mine.  Don’t kill the messenger! and 2) Relax. It’s okay to make fun of ourselves sometimes. I hope.

If you want to laugh even more, check out 10 reasons why men shouldn’t be ordained.

I’ll share my list of essential book soon but for now, enjoy this list of the Christian Books that should NOT be Published from various commenters from this blog.  You folks are mean!

And dare I ask:

What would you add to the list?

Update: I’m adding the American Patriot’s Bible to this list.  The crazy thing is that it’s a real book unlike the list below.

• Everyone Is Going To Hell Except Me – John MacArthur
  • There’s No ‘U’ in Ministry: A Woman’s Guide – Mark Driscoll
  • Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid – John Hagee
  • God’s Most Glorified When We’re Most Calvinified in Him – John Piper
  • Right Behind – a fresh set of Apocalyptic chronicles – Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins
  • Eugene Cho Hasn’t Published Squat so No One Can Even Make Fun of Him – by Eugene Cho
  • We Know Jesus Better Than You Do – The Vatican Curia
  • I’m Cool With Whatever (Featuring Enhanced Doodle Graphics) – Brian McLaren
  • This Book Looks Longer Than It Really Is – Rob Bell
  • God Wants You To Pay For My Airplane – Creflo Dollar
  • Where are the Women authors. – Nobody
  • 10 Keys To The 8 Steps To The 3 Paths To The 1 Way to God (TM) – Rick Warren
  • I Secretly Wish I Were the Pope: A Memoir – N.T. Wright
  • How to Smile – Joel Osteen
  • How to Fall in My Presence – Benny Hinn
  • Hippie Christianity for Ordinary Rednecks – Shane Claiborne
  • You Can Kiss Dating My Daughter Goodbye – Joshua Harris, Sr.
  • God is not Greeat by Christopher Hitchens.
  • Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church (without ever talking to ANY of them)–D. A. Carson
  • Jlefhksfb Ghaube Wihefbfb Erqnai (If You Can Read This, You’re Into Acts 2) – Kenneth Copeland
  • Sweatin’ to the Old Testament – TD Jakes
  • I’m Not Saying He’s A Heretic… But He Is: A Response to N.T. Wright’s Response to John Piper’s Response to N.T. Wright
  • The Beginner’s Guide to Chekovian-Socratic, Marxist-Gadamerean, Prophetic Christianity – Cornel West
  • People Won’t Read This But Will Claim To Have – C.S. Lewis
  • “Yep, Here’s Another One” by Max Lucado

Seriously, I think I’m going to get in trouble…

Filed under: christianity, church, emerging church, ministry

1. Dan Cho says:

How about – It’s Only a Tattoo and Other Myths Teens Believe by Ron Luce! Ahh, so inspiring. Want to have a copy for my son, when he’s of age.

2. SB says:

– How To Fall In My Presence – Benny Hinn

3. DLi says:

Eugene,

You are really a jerk.

But having said that, these are hilarious. Thanks for a great laugh!

4. Chad Estes says:

Right Behind – a fresh set of Apocalyptic chronicles by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins.

5. Nourisha says:

What Would Jesus Do if He Were Me
    Mere Complacency

6. Tyler M says:

How to Smile- Joel Osteen

An Idiots Guide To the Catholic Church: Written By Idiots- John Hagee and Jack Chick

God’s Investment Plan, We Con You Out Of Your Money and You Think Your Being Bless- DayStar Program

I Think I’m Nostradomus- Pat Robertson

How To Cover Up Crime- Cardinal Mahony (I’m Catholic I can say that)

7. twitch says:

The Gospel According to Jack Bauer- A Collaborative Effort by FREAKING EVERYONE

How to be a Real Man: A Guide to Kicking Your Own Ass- Mark Driscoll [indebted to the Wittenburgdoor.com: you should check it out, it’s hilarious]

Hair to the Heavens- Lady with pink hair on TBN

Biblical Overcompensation- John MacArthur

I Secretly Wish I Were the Pope: A Memoir- N.T. Wright

Circlejerk: The Chronicles of Formation of the Biblical Council on Manhood and Womanhood- The Board

p.s.- Thanks Eugene for this. I suddenly feel much better about myself😉

8. Chad says:

Those are funny, Twitch!

9. SB says:

Botox and ReBotox, A guide for Christians and How to Cover Up Your Wrinkle Earthly Face, by Lady with the pink hair.

(Aaron Twitch, sup!)

10. D C Cramer says:

BW, huh?

Or is it BW3???

I think I’ve found your secret comedian. At any rate, we might add:

Why Socio-Rhetorical Commentaries Answer Everything: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on Socio-Rhetorical Commentaries, by Ben Witherington III.

11. D C Cramer says:

Also, I’ve heard this one before but can’t remember where:

God’s Most Glorified When We’re Most Calvified in Him, by John Piper

12. Marc says:

Rick Warren book… hilarious! especially like the trademark touch. LOL

13. Andy Bales says:

A Theology of Comfort by Most of Western Christendom

14. eugenecho says:

O Snap. I’m going to get in lots of trouble for this one.

15. LOL those were hilarious. Kudos to Tyler M for his Osteen title ahaha

I highly recommend ‘You Won’t Be Spiritually Fit If You Don’t Exorcise the Demons’ by Bob Larson.

16. Peggy E says:

These were so funny I had to read the aloud to my husband!

17. […] Saw this today and got a good chuckle.  The 10 Most Anti-Essential Christian Books. […]

18. Jim L says:

10 Bible Verses To Edify Your Identity And Get Your Way In Any Situation by John Calvin

19. pixelatedimage says:

Dude – as they say in comedy circles, it’s funny ’cause it’s true.

20. schreiberwriter says:

SB—that was too funny.

21. I love it, great list… the best one has to be God wants you to pay for my airplane, b/c we all need an airplane of course. Didn’t see the first list but love this one.

22. aliveandbitchin says:

God is not Greeat by Christopher Hitchens.

23. Right Behind: A Parody of Last Days Goofiness has actually been written, by Nathan Wilson. Check it out here:

24. Dk says:

Eugene,

This post was featured on WordPress as “Hawt Post.” You are in some serious big trouble. 🙂

25. Julie says:

A Messiah’s Guide to Deliberately Disappointing Your Followers: Bono

26. BH says:

These are funny! And, yes, it is totally okay to “make fun of ourselves sometime.”

So, honestly, how would you make fun of yourself?

Maybe other people have some ideas…

27. twitch says:

Just to be clear, i am in no way, shape, or form making fun of myself here. i am clearly and unapologetically making fun of the people i named in my list. i anticipate the critique of my passive-aggressiveness, and accept it with lovingly open arms🙂

28. mick says:

In a recent Mars Hill podcast, Rob Bell announced the title of his next book as ‘The Purpose-Driven Shack of Jabez’. That should sell!

29. […] the most anti-essential christian books In reponse to the question about the 10 Most Essential Books (for Christians), we received some fabulous and […] […]

30. Sarah says:

Loved it. Laughed so hard over the John Calvin one, I may have lost my salvation. Hey, wait a minute….

31. miekley says:

Preaching the Asian Sensation Way – Eugene Cho

From Millions to Billions – Joel Osteen

Israel or Bust! – John Haggee

32. […] ‘The most anti-essential Christian books’ March 9, 2009 Beauty and Depravity […]

33. guy from canada says:

BRILLIANT!

34. Calvin says:

My New (Biblical?) Fad Diet – Joyce Meyer

How to Be Married Like I Am – Joshua Harris

35. daniellui says:

Hippie Christianity for Ordinary Rednecks- Shane Claiborne

36. ri says:

how to be a cougar by paula white

37. Pam says:

Oh PE! I needed that! Thank you🙂

38. Michael says:

You Can Kiss Dating My Daughter Goodbye – Joshua Harris, Sr.

39. Maia says:

Eugene,

you can’t make me laugh so hard while I’m at work… people are starting to stare!

40. JWC says:

41. jeff greer says:

“How to Make Money by Writing a Book That Is Anti-Emergent Even If The Only People Who Will Care Are Those Who Already Are Anti-Emergent” from the authors of “Why We’re Not Emergent, by Two Guys Who Should Be”

(had to add my two cents)

42. Just linked to to this post from my blog on http://www.conversantlife.com/jodiehowerton

This was absolutely HILARIOUS!

43. peterong says:

Reversed Evangelism: Strategies for Mobilizing Christianity Only for Christians by James Dobson

44. peterong says:

The Shack Bible by William P. Young (illustrated by Mariliyn Manson)

45. BW says:

So here are a few more I’ve stumbled upon…

Sweatin’ to the Old Testament – TD Jakes
    How To Stay 5-Star in the Third World: A Guide for Travelers – Benny Hinn
    My Plan to Rule the Wor.. er.. God’s Plan for Your Life – Joel Osteen

46. truth says:

the Creflo Dollar one is hilarious but it’s also true. I heard of another book by Creflo that will soon release :

” Cop-A-Dollar: The Secret of Ministry ” by Creflo A. Dollar

I also think Rick Warren’s one is hilarious even though I somewhat like Rick. Anytime you see Rick on tv being interviewed he has a funny way of bouncing around with words or stories in answering the question.
    The John MacArthur one is also funny. But he too is coming out with a few other books as well :

” Knowing My Bible But Not Knowing God ” By John MacArthur

” How to Replace God with Your Bible ” by John MacArthur

” The Legalistic Driven Life ” by John MacArthur

Yeah and you guessed it, Rob Bell is also coming out with a few as well :

” Too Cool for Jesus: How to Become a Joke ” by Rob Bell

47. John says:

Awesome. Just awesome.

48. Mason says:

John Piper
    “I’m Not Saying He’s A Heretic… But He Is: A Response to N.T. Wright’s Response to John Piper’s Response to N.T. Wright”

Mark Driscoll
    “Sissy boys, Women Preachers, Non-Calvinists, and People Who Dislike UFC: Essays on How to Tell Who Isn’t a Real Christian”

John Ortberg
    “Pandering to American Feel-Good Entitlement: A Memoir”

John MacArthur and/or D.A. Carson
    “Why You Don’t Need to Read Any Actuaul Postmodernists to Know They Are Wrong”

Tim LaHay and Jerry Jenkins
    “I Never Thought It’d Be Me: The Diary of a Post-Tribber Who was Left Behind to Learn How Wrong He Was About Eschatology”

49. Curran says:

“I’m not Jesus I Just Smell like Him” – Shane Claiborne

“God and Natural Selection” – John Calvin

“The Jesus I Never Knew…” – Joel Osteen

“Every REAL Man’s Battle” – Mark Driscoll

“Don’t Waste MY Life” – John Piper

“Mild at Heart” – Everyone

50. Brian says:

God is Most Glorified when we wear cool glasses and use big words – Bryan McClaren

51. claytoncoates says:

wow! that is a pretty funny list:

“Come throw with Cho” (a response to faux christianity)

52. D Buck says:

How bout:

Simple Preaching for Simple People at a Simple Church- Reiner & Geiger
    Use the Force, A Commentary on Luke – Erwin McManus
    Water Painting by Numbers on the Feelings of Changing Postmodernism/Neorelevantism – Brian McLaren
    I Don’t Give a %#*@$ – Tony Campolo and Mark Driscoll
    The Leaky Faucet – Craig Gross
    Driscoll V. Bell – Randy Coture

53. […] Cho has  a great post called “the most anti-essential christian books. This is awesome! Click Here to read it on his blog. I have posted the list […]

54. Risa says:

Me: lol
    Husband: ROFL

Way too funny! 8D

I’m passing it on…

55. Now that Eugene Cho has published his list, it is permissible to make fun of him. How shall we do it? The trouble with taking on an oriental is they are so brainy. Enuff said.

56. truth says:

‘ Dr ‘. James Willingham what was the purpose of your comment? Looks like all your bible knowledge and training hasn’t done you any good except turn you into some kind of religious/racist pharisee? The trouble with you is that the ‘brainy orientals’ you refer to were created by God, or the God you claim to believe in unless of course you’ve created your own god in your own image.
    Thanks for your comment. You’ve basically just exposed yourself and where your own heart is. It’s amazing how blogs can help us. Dr. James Willingham, I will remember that name.

• trooth says:

Wow. Judge much? Dr. Willingham is a seasoned believer (did you read his bio?) Saved in ’57. Pastor of 4 churches. Married for 35 years. To me that says he’s probably old enough to be my grandfather. Back in the day Asians were referred to as Orientals. I prefer to deal graciously with my elders and choose to believe that he used the term he grew up with, not because he is a racist, but because he has been too busy preaching the Word of Christ to keep up with our current culture’s need to be politically correct in word while maintaining racist undertones. Take the log out of your own eye “truth” before you speak ill of a messenger of the gospel…who is your brother.

• crcgirl says:

My mother used the term “Oriental” last year. She is 67. I told her we don’t use that term anymore. Her response “Oh, when did that change?” She is retired and hangs out with older people – she would be really embarrassed to be called a racist! Please be gentle.

57. […] my 10 absolutely essential books for christians Nearly every week, someone asks me about my recommnedations about what books Christians should be reading.  In essence, “what are the must reads?”  And so couple weeks ago, I asked YOU for your recommendations and there were some fascinating contributions.  In a comical way, it also spurred on a spontaneous and hilarious post about the Most Anti-Essential Christians books. […]

58. splinterlog says:

Can I play too?🙂

God Jump off a Cliff – John Eldredge

The Purpose Driven Marketing Plan – Rick Warren

59. splinterlog says:

p.s. supposed to be ‘Go Jump off a Cliff’ (Doh!)

60. annie says:

The Contortions of Saint Augustine

61. […] naughty sacred treasure (if that’s possible) – the most anti-essential Christian books. (HT – The Simple […]

62. Lucy says:

simply poking fun at people different than you.
    a joke of christianity.
    i’m offended not because i support the people you’re poking fun at, but because you’re supposed to love all brothers and sisters in Christ, regardless of how you feel they’re wrong. not to be cheesy, but would Jesus come up with a list of “anti-essential christian books” about His children? i think not.

63. Michael says:

“What Would Jesus Not Do?” by Lucy.

64. Just ran across the list. Very funny.🙂

65. Dave138 says:

Just stumbled on your blog from a link somebody posted in Imonk’s comments. Your list is awesome. The MacArthur title is hilarious, but also disturbing due to its accuracy.

66. LexLaura says:

Great list, I also found this via Imonk’s comments…

Book title: How to successfully blog and create a following on the Web spreading ideas without actually needing to meet real people

67. Brian says:

Twitch,

It’s not “The Gospel According to Jack Bauer”, but there is Jack Bauer’s Having a Bad Day: An Unauthorized Investigation of Faith in 24: Season 1

68. […] Spencer’s post here, his long list of often-hilarious comments, Eugene Cho’s post here, and John Shore’s “My Breakfast With My Christian Book Agent” here.  Counting […]

69. […] Near You 2009 May 27 tags: books, Eugene Cho, Internet Monk by Dan The Internet Monk and Eugene Cho both have lists of Christian books they’d like to see. Some favourites from each list. First […]

70. Larry says:

21 Irrefutable Laws of Selling Books by John Maxwell

Turn Your Sermon Series Into A Bestseller by Max Lucado

71. Jane says:

hehehe. I love most of these guys except joel osteen… but this is really funny🙂

72. Rock'n Roland says:

How about “We know God’s plan for your life – not you” by John Bevere ???

73. […] the charity he started, One Day’s Wages, and on top of everything else, he has a great sense of humor.  I don’t know if he and I agree on everything theologically but it really doesn’t matter to […]

74. Al says:

“Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire. If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person’s religion is worthless.” (James)

You might think this stuff is funny, but apparently God doesn’t. God is not amused when we mock His servants just because we disagree with them. You’d be farther ahead to pray for these guys if you think they’re wrong.

• D Buck says:

Al,

Don’t assume we (can’t speak for anyone on here) haven’t prayed for these who have been parodied. Also you shouldn’t assume that just because we list someone’s name that means we don’t like them or are mocking them. Sometimes we are just having fun with them based on their own stereotypes and patterns they fall into. For instance, Rick Warren talks about the grief he got over his “purpose-driven” Hawaiian shirts (he has since stopped wearing them). John Maxwell has been teased about this “Laws of…” and “Rules of..” titles. Mark Driscoll has talked about his title of “The Cussing Preacher” given to him by Don Miller.

The scriptures say only God knows the heart of man, which includes the motives behind the comments here, so be careful when you begin to or even hint at judgment of others. Hopefully you are taking your own advice and praying for us here.

BTW, I’m sure you know this, but just because someone claims to be a “servant of God” doesn’t mean they are.

• JustinM says:

“Unbroken seriousness of a melodramatic or somber kind will inevitably communicate a sickness of soul”

And this is from a pretty serious dude: John Piper

I think this is good for us

75. Tyler says:

Love this list, I had a good laugh.

76. Garrett says:

People Won’t Read This But Will Claim To Have – C.S. Lewis

77. “George & Me”- Why I voted for George Bush
    ~Anne Lamott

78. The Parenting Myth ~Donald Miller

79. DanW says:

Right Behind is also a great website. . . http://exharpazo.blogspot.com/

80. Lauren Rimkus says:

How about “When God Doesn’t Write Your Love Story” and “When Dreams Just Don’t Come True” by Eric and Leslie Ludy… they have altered the minds of so many young Christian girls into thinking that God will bring them the perfect man on a white unicorn when they are entirely focused on the Lord and it will be written in the clouds from the heavens that they are made for one another. Yet, then again, so many amazing Christian folk never marry.

81. Mr. Poet says:

“Having a Mary Heart with a Martha Work Ethic” by Joanna Weaver.

82. […] Posted from the Blogfeed of Faith Blogging:A post about a post about a post. A funny take poking fun at popular theologians writings. The original Post from Eugene Cho can be read here. […]

83. […] ten essential books for every Christian. and the least essential ones (hilarious, and along the lines of SCL. ha! love […]

84. […] So, this blog post about Bell’s upcoming book (and theology) and pretty much declaring Bell to be a universalist set off the firestorm. Perhaps, we should add Rob’s book to our list of Christian books that should NOT be published. […]

85. Johnny Mo says:

Too funny. And Right Behind is already written… A parody by Nate D Wilson…

86. Danny says:

“Using the “Correct” Terminology: How to Be a Female Preacher, and still have favor with John Piper and Albert Mohler.” by Beth Moore

“How to make Calvin a Baptist.” John Piper and Albert Mohler

“How to Cash in Selling Dispensationalist End Times Videos, Books and Charts to Pentecostals and Charismatics, Even Though You Believe That They Are All Heretics Because Supernatural Gifts of the Spirit Ceased in 90 AD.” by Hal Lindsey

“Where to Place Your Tattoos, Which Cuss Words are OK, When to Sing Cold Play Songs During Worship, and Other Questions You Might Have For Keeping Your Church Hip.” written by the pastors in the Relevant/Jesus Would Hang Out In Bars/Paul Was Hip at Mars Hill/Emerging/Mosaic Alliance of Churches that would never associate with a fundamentalist denomination

87. Danny says:

“Translated by Atheists: The Truth Behind the TNIV”-John Piper, Wayne Grudem and John MacArthur

“How to Make Evangelicals Fall In Love With a 50 Year Old Bible Translated Mostly by “Liberal” Scholars.” by J.I. Packer

88. Danny says:

“Quotations From Lewis, Kierkegaard, Bonhoeffer, Tolstoy, Bono and Gandhi, That Ever Hip Young Evangelical Needs to Use to Show Your Hipness.” by Rob Bell

89. Ian says:

“How To Answer A ‘Closed Ended’ Question Without Actually Giving An Answer.” by Andrew Marin

90. Mr. Poet says:

“The 749,893 Love Dialects: Combining the Five Love Languages for Maximum Communication” by Gary Chapman

“Black and Blue Like Mosh Pit Heavy Metal” by Donald Miller

91. Joey says:

“How To Sound Really Passionate” – David Platt

92. “Creationism And Tax Evasion: The Secret Message That Jesus REALLY Wants You To Follow” –Kent Hovind

93. RjL says:

Feel Stupid and Uncultured – Tim Keller

94. I’m want to write a fictional book called “Shut Up & Listen”

95. “It all won’t fit in the Box,” John Ortberg

96. The 10 Year Bible for Slackers (Tyndale House)

97. Tricia says:

The CS Lewis one is sad but true. I Really, Really wish that more people *had* actually read his work. “Screwtape Letters” for example is brilliant but people need to have brains and not read it Literally.

98. Amondstien says:

An Edgy Repackaging of Stuff I Ripped from Actual Theologians. —Peter Rollins

99. Al Doyle says:

Hell? No We Won’t Go!— Rob Bell

100. What about… “Legitimizing Romance Novels as Men being Men and Women being Women” by John and Stasi Eldredge

101. Or… “Southern Spiritual Maturity for Women: Know Your Bible and Curl Your Hair” by Beth Moore

102. JustinM says:

“Dinosaurs Danced With David” by Ken Ham

“The Flood: A Fabulous Fix-All” by Ken Ham

“The Universe is Young and You’re Wrong” by Ken Ham

103. Eugene Cho says:

I apologize for offending some of you. Apparently, I upset some because the list was mean-spirited, poked fun of leaders, didn’t satirize any women, and because I re-posted an old post. Lose-lose situation.

• Al Doyle says:

Eugene— bless you for keeping it real. Please, please don’t be discouraged. Humor based on insights like yours is one of the best ways we, as followers of Christ, can maintain our humility, objectivity and sensitivity. To all the others who are pissed— I’m for sorry God is not small enough to fit into the little boxes we design with our theology.

• David Doty says:

Well…there should be a book about being thin-skinned Christians.

104. jchenwa says:

Thanks for making me laugh in a long time like that bro,

105. Rob B. says:

“Yep, Here’s Another One” by Max Lucado

106. JM Smith says:

Yes! I’m glad you added this borderline-idolatrous Bible to the list, Eugene! http://www.examiner.com/article/american-patriotism-and-the-bible

107. Anton says:

The King Justin Version of the Holy Bieber

108. Sad, but hilarious. The sad part is there are so many commercialized Christians that it’s a pretty easy game.

109. melissa falk says:

Fresh Bread, Fresh Balogna; Cooking w/Faith–Jim Cymbala

110. Dan says:

“Submerge: What to do After your Church has Emerged” Leonard Sweet

“Emerging Grace: Using God’s Irresistible Grace to Grow your Church” Mark Driscoll

“The Missional Position: and 21 Other ‘Intimacy Secrets’ of Emerging Couples” Alan and Debra Hirsch

“How to Tell Who’s Going to Hell?” John Piper

“How to Write your Own Ticket With God” Kenneth Copeland

“The Pink Derivative: How to Blame Gays for the GFC and Everything Else Bad that Happens to the US” Pat Robertson

“Still Not Missional: Why your Church Won’t Really be Missional Until you Read this Book” Michael Frost

“The Dispensationalist Delusion: Or How I Learned to Wrongly Dividing the Word of Truth and Love Scripture more than Jesus” John MacArthur

111. JustinM says:

“Fresh Ham; Cooking non-Kosher in a Young World” – Ken Ham

112. Kathy L. says:

I’ve been having trouble finding an abridged version of the Amplified Bible…

113. Lori says:

Those are priceless. John McArthur How about:

1. “Fishing for Men Who Fly Fish” by Dan Whitmarsh,

2. “The New, Reinvented, Rediscovered, New and Improved, Seeker Friendly, Postmodern, Conversant Church and Savior by the Authors of your choice

3. The Screwball Tapes by I better not name anybody(I actually had a friend refer to the Screwtape Letters like this so it’s not too original).

4. Hell Hath No Fury Because it Doesn’t Exist by Rob Bell

5. Beloved, I’ve Got Greek all Figured Out by Beth Moore (BTW, I love Beth).

6. Driscoll’s Complete Dictionary of Pulpit Profanity 2nd Edition

7. How be a Leader Who is Lead by Me, the Expert on Leadership by John Maxwell

8. The Care and Feeding of Parakeets and Other Christian Birds by Scot McKnight

9. The Wiki Book of Bible Stories by Scot McKnight

10. I’m in Trouble Again by Eugene Cho

Thanks for sharing Eugene. We can laugh and love at the same time.

114. jeremy says:

Real Men: Why You’re Just A Boy Who Can Shave (or how to be just like me) – Mark Driscoll. Idea taken from: http://youtu.be/Di9imh10Fc8

115. deanstelow says:

“Freakin Sermons” a guide to almost cussng in church. – Steven Furtick and Craig Groeschel

116. Andrew says:

Predestined to Insult People – Mark Driscoll

117. David Doty says:

Just Me and Jesus: How to Look Religious and Effectively Ignore the Rest of the World – author yet TBD

118. Hilarious! How about this, “Downsizing for Greater Ministry: A Real Estate Course for Pastors” by Francis Chan

119. Winn says:

Left Behind: A Half-Assed View of Eschatology!
    by Tim LaHay and Jerry Jenkins

120. Benjamin Lyttle says:

Biblical Eisegesis: How to Read into the Bible for all it’s Worth.
    Gordon Fee and Doug Stuart (just not sure if they’d actually attach their names to the project.)

121. Alan says:

Here is a real book, that probably should not have been published. And it is supposedly about Christianity

My Absurd Religion (By Which I Make My Living) by Steve Gray.

122. Matt says:

“This Time, It’s Real: A Guide to the Endtimes” by the Watchtower Society.

“A Brief History of the American Indians” by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

123. deanstelow says:

“oops,I did it again” by Harold Camping

124. Savana says:

“my was is God’s way” by John Severe….oops…Bevere

125. […] Cho SLAYED ME with his list of Christian books that should not be published. I can’t decide if my favorite is Kenneth Copeland’s or Rick Warren’s. All are […]

126. Chad Jones says:

My Dragon Breath Will Slay You by Benny Hinn

Here’s a little list of “rewritten” Christian books I did:

127. Greg D says:

How to Tornado Proof Your House by John Piper

He’s a Heretic, You’re a Heretic, Wouldn’t You Like to be a Heretic Too? by Ken Silva

How to Start Your Own Denomination Without Really Calling It One by John MacArthur

Wretched Man That I Am by Todd Friel

How to Stop the Bully Pulpit by Rob Bell

128. JB says:

Why I “No-More” About Jesus Than You, by Bart Ehrman

129. JB says:

Or, “Spread ‘Em: What To Do After You’ve Turned Your Cheeks,” by Mark Driscoll

130. Bertimaeus says:

‘Another Book on Leadership’ by John Maxwell, with things you have already read simply stated in another way.

131. […] second is a list of (not real) essential Christian books that shouldn’t be published: Hilarious! Share this:FacebookTwitterEmailPrintLike this:LikeBe the first to like this […]

132. Tyler R says:

“Store up treasures in heaven: How to hedge your spiritual investment with Gold Dust Manifestations.” By Ruth Heflin (Published Posthumously)

13 years……. too soon?

133. rkm7878 says:

You Will be Saved by Freely Grace as Long As You Prove it by Your Works First. ~David Platt

134. Chris says:

Facebook for Dummies – Franklin Graham
    Twitter for Dummies – Franklin Graham

135. Dan says:

How’s about “No One Does Christianity Better than Me” – All of the Red Letter Christian authors

136. it’s a meme – not orginal but . . .

Straight Outta Context – by Joel Osteen

Is It Really All About You, Jesus? The Hillsong Movement with Foreward by Matt Redman

137. Al Doyle says: