Please excuse us for being selfish but we need your help. We are inviting all PRAYERS and DREAMERS. Thus, we are coming to our larger community – friends, family, blogosphere network, Questers, and random connections – to genuinely share our prayer requests and dreams. Honestly, I’m not really good at asking for things. That is something I need to be working on but here are two prayer requests and a repetitious dream I want to place before you.
DONATE TO HELP FIGHT GLOBAL POVERTY:
First of all, we thank those that have already decided to partner with us in helping “seed” the poverty organization. It is humbling…thank you.
Second, we want to take this opportunity again to invite people to join us. We need your help…dream with us! Imagine partnering together to help start an organization that can impact thousands and thousand of people around the world? ANY financial support towards the “Operations Fund” is appreciated and needed to get the org started – which would then enable us to give 100% of all donations from the Giving Fund to projects and people around the world. Please let us know [email me at email@example.com] if you want to donate and we’ll send you our vision letter.
* The sale of our home. Our home is listed on the housing market. Please pray that our home finds a buyer. Our agent is hosting an Open House this weekend and next. You can say that we’re a little intimidated in this housing market with all the doom and gloom news. It doesn’t help that we’re 5000 miles away but we are trusting in the Lord. We’re praying for a competitive sale since the equity is necessary to help fund the Global Poverty Humanitarian organization.
And for those who are concerned about our housing situation…no worries. God has been very gracious to our family. We have a wonderful home we have been living in for couple years in thanks to the shared generosity of our parents. To our knowledge, they won’t kick us out anytime soon.
* Non-Profit 501c3 Application. Please pray for the 501c3 application with the Internal Revenue Service. We completed and turned in all the necessary documents couple months ago; we were hoping to receive a determination in August but as of now, we’re now about 30-60 days away. They are still processing older applications and the 501c3 issuance is very important as we move forward. We’ve been registered already as a non-profit through the State of Washington.
If you haven’t had a chance, you can also read the FAQ which should answer most of your questions. Here are couple questions we often receive:
What is the ORG envisioning?
Our vision is to create a grassroots, global, and viral movement by integrating three key elements: Human Relationships, Compassion & Justice, and Technology and Creativity. We believe we can create an organization that will 1] inform and educate, 2] collect and distribute fund, 3] collaborate – all with the purpose of fighting global poverty.
While not exclusive, our vision is to focus on small NGOs [non-gov orgs] and CBOs [community based orgs] around the world, engage in larger grants of microfinance, and granting seed money for future ventures engaged in fighting poverty. Our firm convictions are that there are men, women, and children, and orgs already on the ground that fully understand their local context and community. They are doing amazing work to not only fight global poverty through demonstrations of compassion but building infrastructure for sustainability.
We are inviting thousands and millions of people around the world to get involved and together, we want to help “change the world.”
What is your personal commitment?
We are committing to give our One Year’s Salary [$66,000] to the cause of Fighting Global Poverty. We’ve also committed to give an additional $34K, for a total of $100K.
Why are you making a big deal of giving away your money?
Honestly, we’re not trying to. We would rather have just given away our money if that had been our only conviction. But we believe we can make a greater impact by challenging others to join us in this fight against global poverty – even if in the slightest way.
How can we ask people to give if we don’t demonstrate our own commitment to this cause? We are not asking people to do anything we are not first willing to do ourselves. In short, we are putting our money where our mouth is.
- Fighting Poverty: Loudly | Wisely | Prayerfully | Strategically |
- Introduction of Fighting Poverty | Part 1 | Part 2| Part 3
- Using Facebook to Fight Global Poverty