Why Advertisement? // After couple years of mulling over it, I’ve decided to host advertisements on the blog. As my readers know, my wife and I have launched a non-profit organization called One Day’s Wages. In this pursuit, we’ve chosen to give our 2009 year’s wages and committed to donating an additional $32,000 over the next five years to honor our initial pledge of $100,000. While not every penny of the advertisement funds will go towards our pledge, it is the driving motivation..
Blog History // I started blogging regularly in the summer of 2006 and am thankful for the blog’s wide, diverse, and growing “audience” and community. My blogging covers numerous topics including Christianity, Religion, Justice Issues, Non-Profits, Global Poverty, Technology, Social Media, Culture, Current News, Politics, Humor, and everything in between. I’m also a regular contributor to the Huffington Post and Sojourners blog. Some of my blog entries have been expanded, published, or mentioned in several publications including the New York Times, Seattle Times, Seattle Post Intelligencer, and Huffington Post. In addition, I’ve been written about or mentioned in KUOW/NPR, NBC News, CBS News, ABC World News, Puget Sound Business Journal, Christianity Today, and other local Seattle papers including the Pacific Northwest Magazine. You can learn more about my story here.
This Blog’s Ego:
- Top 4K in Technorati (out of 112 million tracked blogs)
- Listed amongst Seattle’s “best blogs.”
- Ranked in Top 30 in Christian/Faith Blogs by 3 different sources
- Ranked #2 amongst Urban Ministry blogs
- Averages about 1200+ visitors/day
- Averaged nearly 50K+ views/month over the last quarter
- 1000+ subscribers via Google Reader
- Average 4+ posts/week
- Most posts are also shared via Twitter and/or Facebook
- Posts are occasionally ranked in daily Top 100 entries on WordPress
Advertisement Options (rates are per month):
Sidebar (3rd column) Advertisements // Large & Small
- Large – 236 (width) x 160 (height) pixel ad. Cost: $300/month
- Small – 236 (width) x 80 (height) pixel ad. Cost: $200/month
- Larger ads are always placed on top. Smaller ads ordered on first come, first serve.
- Number of ads will be limited (depending on number of large & small)
- Animation OK on large ads
The Big Cheese Advertisement
- 236 ×320 pixel ad in the center column directly “advertise here” and Top of 3rd column. Animation ok.
- Contact me for price and customization.
RSS Feed Advertisements (no animations)
- One sponsor is highlighted at the end of each post.
- Up to 5 (maximum) RSS feed sponsors will have ads that rotate with each post for even distribution
- Size – 236 ×80 (Cost – $200). Size – 400 x 80 (Cost $250).
- Currently there are about 30-40 posts per month, meaning RSS ads will reach subscribers approximately 5 to 6 times per month.
- This will begin once I have a minimum of three RSS feed advertisers.
Contact // If you have any questions, inquiries about rates, or ready to invest in an advertisement, you can reach me here. Needless to say, I reserve the right to say “No thanks.” Advertisements with 6+ month paid contract receive discounts.