My exclusive unboxing and first impressions of the iPhone 5!

Dear iPhone crazies, geeks, and idolaters: Calm down. Breathe in and breathe out.

On the news release of the new iPhone 5 – the answer to all of the society’s problems, how can I not share this post again? Being a recovering gadget geek and part of the “in” crowd, I occasionally get access to the latest technology and thus, I had some time to play around with the latest iPhone 5. Here it is, in all it’s glory and splendor…

I hope I don’t get sued. I’m serious.

As gadget freaks celebrate the official release of the iPhone 3G 5 today… The main reason why the iPhone sucks so bad is because I can’t get one.  As much as I want, I just can’t.  Another reason: it’s as big as my shoe and nanchucks. This post is dedicated to all you folks who want to get an iPhone 3g 5 but for various reasons, can’t and/or won’t get one.  Enjoy the pics and this post [Mac vs PC].

INTERFACE: Very clear instructions and Power button is very very visible.

USABILITY: The buttons on the TouchPad are very easy to see and push. In fact, Apple guarantees you’ll never press the wrong button.

DURABILITY: Built solid like a rock or a shoe. But smells better than your shoe.

SIZE: Yes.

FLEXIBILITY: Not only is it an iPhone, but it can also iProtect you from phone jackers. I personally like to carry around my nanchucks where ever I go and will utilize my new iPhone 3G  5 for protection as well.

Here’s what it looks like to carry both your nanchucks and new iPhone 3G 5 in your back pockets. Don’t mess me with me. I’ll kick your ass…and then, pray for you.

Seriously, I’ve had this phone for awhile. I love it. Whenever I’m having a tense day…I carry this phone outside. I’ll pretend I’m talking on this phone as I’m walking or even better, driving around…and the looks people give me. It’s hilarious.

And lastly, a friendly reminder to be careful with your nanchucks. Don’t jump and swing.

Filed under: technology, , ,

1. nathan says:

This post was awesome!

2. ruth says:

i enjoyed this post just as much as the first time you posted it.:)

3. Jason says:

this is great! that was the first ‘cellular’ phone my family had, circa 1993. i think we paid $0.30 per minute, plus a per-call connect charge. and we had to carry it in a backpack.

4. Tyler says:

still funny the 2nd time.

5. joanne says:

one of my favorite posts! bwahahahaha

6. Jay Sellers says:

I certainly remember being envious of people that had that Motorola phone and didn’t have to carry their phone in a bag. Our grand kids well probably laugh at our memory of having to carry a phone at all. It should be reduced to a keychain with bluetooth real soon now.

7. kataztrophy says:

Bait and switch….Brilliant!

8. ashley park says:

heheh..funny…you almost got me good!!

9. Sandy Dobbins says:

Eugene, Francis Chans new book Crazy Love (www.crazylovebook.com) Good Stuff for vacation.

10. Kevin King says:

I can’t get one either!!! Mainly because Cingular/AT&T does not have coverage in my area!!! iPhone sucks because it doesn’t work with verizon or Alltel!!!

11. llofte says:

HAHA. that’s funny! I got the new iPhone 3G and LOVE it =D Sorry you can’t get one!

12. formosa92 says:

Brilliant! I’m so jealous!

13. Curtis says:

Oh gosh how funny. might be useful as a bat too.

14. cheatsisazn says:

Cool.

15. alliehope says:

‘I’ll kick your ass…then, pray for you’. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! That’s absolutely hilarious.

Oh BTW: I don’t want an iPhone. I wouldn’t mind having one, but I don’t truly need one.

16. […] I’d like to look at iphone from a different angle. Why iphone doesn’t suck. (Thanks to eugene e cho who has made these beautiful […]

17. candyzhao says:

i always can not access to internet, even if i connected , but is very very snow, i phone 3G sucks, i really wanna sue iphone, anybody wanna sue iphone with me????????

18. […] discussion was pretty spirited.  I also got some additional hate mail for my post entitled Why the Iphone Sucks which pretty much demonstrates my envy of iPhone users.  I never got a new laptop then but  now I […]

19. pchou says:

hahaha…where do i get my hands on the iprotect?

20. LT says:

I love you man. I don’t have any guilt or regrets for owning an iPhone. If I didn’t have one. No sweat. But good thing Apple paid for my iPhone and not me.

21. Val P. says:

I’m a new fan. (I think I recognize that phone, with a different logo, lol.) Love this post and still following the comments on the “New Calvinists” post.
    Have fun!

22. […] favorite heroes: MLK Jr. and Frederick Douglass; Family pics;  The big king salmon; and of course, my infamous sucky iPhone.  Kinda […]

23. christina says:

iphone 3g does suck the lg dare is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better

24. jonathanmontan says:

Simply awesome…i love that line about kicking ass and praying for you

Grateful for the life and leadership of Dr. John M. Perkins. There are alot of sprinters in our culture but make sure to also look for those who are persevering in the marathon of justice and reconciliation. When I think of him and others I consider mentors in my life, they're not necessarily flashy or fancy. Rather, I'm reminded that a life faithfully and honestly lived through life's trials and messiness is one's greatest sermon. The best thing a father can do for their kids...is to care well for their mother. It took me awhile to learn this and I'm still learning this. As a leader, I refuse to sacrifice my marriage and kids for the sake of ministry. How can I? Loving my family IS ministry and leadership.

I acknowledge that I'm so privileged with platform, resources, and opportunities - including the opportunity to travel and take vacations like this trip last month. Its not lost on me. I'm so grateful. I want to steward that privilege well - not just for personal or family enjoyment - but also for the sake of others and the building of the Kingdom of God.
As I pour into others, I'm also learning how important it is to care for oneself; To care for your spouse; To care for your family; To be about the marathon. Preservation not for the sake of self-preservation but for the sake of discipleship and faithfulness.

I used to feel guilty about Sabbath-ing, vacations for my family, being in the outdoors, fishing, and self-care but it's too important  As a lifelong recovering workaholic, I don't want to burn out and I don't want this for others. Flying in and out of Seattle never gets old. One of the most mesmerizing topographies in the country. #windowseat Thank you, Chicago. Put in 10,000 steps. Still one of the best cities to walk. Want to change the world?
Start with your own heart. Examine yourself. Grow in your faith. Begin in your homes. Love your family. Pour into young people. Engage your friends. Meet your neighbors. Seek the welfare of your city. Empathize and advocate for the hurting and marginalized. And yes, it's very possible that God may stir your heart for the nations; For people, causes, and issues in other countries but till then, start in the here and now. Be faithful. Be present.  With the people, spaces, and places right in front of you. Selah. The work of justice is a marathon. It's long, arduous, and emotional. Cry. Lament. Grieve. Be angry. Pray. March. Protest. Write. Be tenacious. But also take care of yourself. Rest. Retreat. Sabbath. Please don't burn out. We need you for the marathon. Create healthy rhythms. Do what you can. Lean on God's grace...and then, we'll try again tomorrow.

• We're all feeling weary. So, take the time to retreat and rest. But resist the temptation to stop caring. May our hearts not become callous. || 14 hours ago
  • Dear Munich/Germany: We are so sorry. We mourn the violence & tragedy in your city/nation. We pray for safety & peace. Lord, in your mercy. || 15 hours ago
  • RT @EugeneCho: Dear Christians: Read the Scriptures. Be encouraged by the words of Jesus. Press on. Faith. Hope. Love. - https://t.co/YCGLH… || 19 hours ago
  • Dear Christians: Read the Scriptures. Be encouraged by the words of Jesus. Press on. Faith. Hope. Love. - goo.gl/wHndQS || 1 day ago
  • It's a sad reality but our society runs on the currency of fear. || 1 day ago
  • For a supposed non-politician, it's amazing what a masterful politician Donald Trump is. Scary masterful. || 1 day ago

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,410 other followers