My exclusive unboxing and first impressions of the iPhone 5!

Dear iPhone crazies, geeks, and idolaters: Calm down. Breathe in and breathe out.

On the news release of the new iPhone 5 – the answer to all of the society’s problems, how can I not share this post again? Being a recovering gadget geek and part of the “in” crowd, I occasionally get access to the latest technology and thus, I had some time to play around with the latest iPhone 5. Here it is, in all it’s glory and splendor…

I hope I don’t get sued. I’m serious.

As gadget freaks celebrate the official release of the iPhone 3G 5 today… The main reason why the iPhone sucks so bad is because I can’t get one.  As much as I want, I just can’t.  Another reason: it’s as big as my shoe and nanchucks. This post is dedicated to all you folks who want to get an iPhone 3g 5 but for various reasons, can’t and/or won’t get one.  Enjoy the pics and this post [Mac vs PC].

INTERFACE: Very clear instructions and Power button is very very visible.

USABILITY: The buttons on the TouchPad are very easy to see and push. In fact, Apple guarantees you’ll never press the wrong button.

DURABILITY: Built solid like a rock or a shoe. But smells better than your shoe.

SIZE: Yes.

FLEXIBILITY: Not only is it an iPhone, but it can also iProtect you from phone jackers. I personally like to carry around my nanchucks where ever I go and will utilize my new iPhone 3G  5 for protection as well.

Here’s what it looks like to carry both your nanchucks and new iPhone 3G 5 in your back pockets. Don’t mess me with me. I’ll kick your ass…and then, pray for you.

Seriously, I’ve had this phone for awhile. I love it. Whenever I’m having a tense day…I carry this phone outside. I’ll pretend I’m talking on this phone as I’m walking or even better, driving around…and the looks people give me. It’s hilarious.

And lastly, a friendly reminder to be careful with your nanchucks. Don’t jump and swing.

Filed under: technology, , ,

1. nathan says:

This post was awesome!

2. ruth says:

i enjoyed this post just as much as the first time you posted it. 🙂

3. Jason says:

this is great! that was the first ‘cellular’ phone my family had, circa 1993. i think we paid $0.30 per minute, plus a per-call connect charge. and we had to carry it in a backpack.

4. Tyler says:

still funny the 2nd time.

5. joanne says:

one of my favorite posts! bwahahahaha

6. Jay Sellers says:

I certainly remember being envious of people that had that Motorola phone and didn’t have to carry their phone in a bag. Our grand kids well probably laugh at our memory of having to carry a phone at all. It should be reduced to a keychain with bluetooth real soon now.

7. kataztrophy says:

Bait and switch….Brilliant!

8. ashley park says:

heheh..funny…you almost got me good!!

9. Sandy Dobbins says:

Eugene, Francis Chans new book Crazy Love (www.crazylovebook.com) Good Stuff for vacation.

10. Kevin King says:

I can’t get one either!!! Mainly because Cingular/AT&T does not have coverage in my area!!! iPhone sucks because it doesn’t work with verizon or Alltel!!!

11. llofte says:

HAHA. that’s funny! I got the new iPhone 3G and LOVE it =D Sorry you can’t get one!

12. formosa92 says:

Brilliant! I’m so jealous!

13. Curtis says:

Oh gosh how funny. might be useful as a bat too.

14. cheatsisazn says:

Cool.

15. alliehope says:

‘I’ll kick your ass…then, pray for you’. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! That’s absolutely hilarious.

Oh BTW: I don’t want an iPhone. I wouldn’t mind having one, but I don’t truly need one.

16. […] I’d like to look at iphone from a different angle. Why iphone doesn’t suck. (Thanks to eugene e cho who has made these beautiful […]

17. candyzhao says:

i always can not access to internet, even if i connected , but is very very snow, i phone 3G sucks, i really wanna sue iphone, anybody wanna sue iphone with me????????

18. […] discussion was pretty spirited.  I also got some additional hate mail for my post entitled Why the Iphone Sucks which pretty much demonstrates my envy of iPhone users.  I never got a new laptop then but  now I […]

19. pchou says:

hahaha…where do i get my hands on the iprotect?

20. LT says:

I love you man. I don’t have any guilt or regrets for owning an iPhone. If I didn’t have one. No sweat. But good thing Apple paid for my iPhone and not me.

21. Val P. says:

I’m a new fan. (I think I recognize that phone, with a different logo, lol.) Love this post and still following the comments on the “New Calvinists” post.
    Have fun!

22. […] favorite heroes: MLK Jr. and Frederick Douglass; Family pics;  The big king salmon; and of course, my infamous sucky iPhone.  Kinda […]

23. christina says:

iphone 3g does suck the lg dare is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better

24. jonathanmontan says:

Simply awesome…i love that line about kicking ass and praying for you

My Padawan. My son. My youngest. Encouraging him to not just hit the hoop courts but also the books. Minhee and I met these college boys when we first arrived in Seattle in 1997. They were part of our bible study that we led in our apartment for college students. They were also among the group of 7 people that helped start @seattlequest.

Much has changed in the world...but not their friendship and love. Thank you Jin and George. We love and honor you. These are crazy times in our country and larger world but nevertheless, we're going to keep pursuing the things that God has placed upon our hearts. We're pressing forward...doing our part to reflect mercy, compassion, and justice - locally and globally.

Wednesdays are my @onedayswages office day and I especially love the culmination of hard work for our interns, volunteers, 2 full-time staff, and board as we collaborate with our NGO partners. This week, we signed these checks as we granted out over $75,000 to provide better health care for mothers and their families in Mali and Nepal.

THANK YOU for making this possible Your classic play it cool because you're visiting your old stomping grounds at Princeton and pretend you're not cold but in actuality, you're freezing picture. 20 years, 2 weeks, and counting. What a journey with this woman. I love her...and I want to keep growing in love, honor, and respect. Great to catch up with @jlin7 in Brooklyn at the Nets game. Grateful for his partnership with @onedayswages to support our Girls' Empowerment Fund. The season hasn't been what he hoped for with major injuries...but we can't wait to see you back on the court soon and do what you do. Stay encouraged, brother. Thanks for your faithful witness for Christ.

• Shine a light on the evil of modern slavery. May it also challenge US with where we shop, what we eat, how we embod… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 3 hours ago
  • The best way to become a better storyteller...is to simply live a more honest, deeper, and faithful life. || 1 day ago
  • My Padawan. My son. My youngest. Encouraging him to not just hit the courts but also the books. instagram.com/p/BQ1MClRgHxK/ || 1 day ago
  • Don't underestimate what God can do through you. God has a very long history of using foolish and broken people for His purposes and glory. || 1 day ago
  • The statement,"Theology doesn't matter.I just want to love Jesus!" is in itself a theological statement & proof why theology really matters. || 2 days ago
  • Never forget. 75 years ago today (2/19/42), the USA govt issued Executive Order 9066 to send 120,000 Japanese Ameri… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 4 days ago