My exclusive unboxing and first impressions of the iPhone 5!

Dear iPhone crazies, geeks, and idolaters: Calm down. Breathe in and breathe out.

On the news release of the new iPhone 5 – the answer to all of the society’s problems, how can I not share this post again? Being a recovering gadget geek and part of the “in” crowd, I occasionally get access to the latest technology and thus, I had some time to play around with the latest iPhone 5. Here it is, in all it’s glory and splendor…

I hope I don’t get sued. I’m serious.

As gadget freaks celebrate the official release of the iPhone 3G 5 today… The main reason why the iPhone sucks so bad is because I can’t get one.  As much as I want, I just can’t.  Another reason: it’s as big as my shoe and nanchucks. This post is dedicated to all you folks who want to get an iPhone 3g 5 but for various reasons, can’t and/or won’t get one.  Enjoy the pics and this post [Mac vs PC].

INTERFACE: Very clear instructions and Power button is very very visible.

USABILITY: The buttons on the TouchPad are very easy to see and push. In fact, Apple guarantees you’ll never press the wrong button.

DURABILITY: Built solid like a rock or a shoe. But smells better than your shoe.

SIZE: Yes.

FLEXIBILITY: Not only is it an iPhone, but it can also iProtect you from phone jackers. I personally like to carry around my nanchucks where ever I go and will utilize my new iPhone 3G  5 for protection as well.

Here’s what it looks like to carry both your nanchucks and new iPhone 3G 5 in your back pockets. Don’t mess me with me. I’ll kick your ass…and then, pray for you.

Seriously, I’ve had this phone for awhile. I love it. Whenever I’m having a tense day…I carry this phone outside. I’ll pretend I’m talking on this phone as I’m walking or even better, driving around…and the looks people give me. It’s hilarious.

And lastly, a friendly reminder to be careful with your nanchucks. Don’t jump and swing.

Filed under: technology, , ,

1. nathan says:

This post was awesome!

2. ruth says:

i enjoyed this post just as much as the first time you posted it. 🙂

3. Jason says:

this is great! that was the first ‘cellular’ phone my family had, circa 1993. i think we paid $0.30 per minute, plus a per-call connect charge. and we had to carry it in a backpack.

4. Tyler says:

still funny the 2nd time.

5. joanne says:

one of my favorite posts! bwahahahaha

6. Jay Sellers says:

I certainly remember being envious of people that had that Motorola phone and didn’t have to carry their phone in a bag. Our grand kids well probably laugh at our memory of having to carry a phone at all. It should be reduced to a keychain with bluetooth real soon now.

7. kataztrophy says:

Bait and switch….Brilliant!

8. ashley park says:

heheh..funny…you almost got me good!!

9. Sandy Dobbins says:

Eugene, Francis Chans new book Crazy Love (www.crazylovebook.com) Good Stuff for vacation.

10. Kevin King says:

I can’t get one either!!! Mainly because Cingular/AT&T does not have coverage in my area!!! iPhone sucks because it doesn’t work with verizon or Alltel!!!

11. llofte says:

HAHA. that’s funny! I got the new iPhone 3G and LOVE it =D Sorry you can’t get one!

12. formosa92 says:

Brilliant! I’m so jealous!

13. Curtis says:

Oh gosh how funny. might be useful as a bat too.

14. cheatsisazn says:

Cool.

15. alliehope says:

‘I’ll kick your ass…then, pray for you’. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! That’s absolutely hilarious.

Oh BTW: I don’t want an iPhone. I wouldn’t mind having one, but I don’t truly need one.

16. […] I’d like to look at iphone from a different angle. Why iphone doesn’t suck. (Thanks to eugene e cho who has made these beautiful […]

17. candyzhao says:

i always can not access to internet, even if i connected , but is very very snow, i phone 3G sucks, i really wanna sue iphone, anybody wanna sue iphone with me????????

18. […] discussion was pretty spirited.  I also got some additional hate mail for my post entitled Why the Iphone Sucks which pretty much demonstrates my envy of iPhone users.  I never got a new laptop then but  now I […]

19. pchou says:

hahaha…where do i get my hands on the iprotect?

20. LT says:

I love you man. I don’t have any guilt or regrets for owning an iPhone. If I didn’t have one. No sweat. But good thing Apple paid for my iPhone and not me.

21. Val P. says:

I’m a new fan. (I think I recognize that phone, with a different logo, lol.) Love this post and still following the comments on the “New Calvinists” post.
    Have fun!

22. […] favorite heroes: MLK Jr. and Frederick Douglass; Family pics;  The big king salmon; and of course, my infamous sucky iPhone.  Kinda […]

23. christina says:

iphone 3g does suck the lg dare is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better

24. jonathanmontan says:

Simply awesome…i love that line about kicking ass and praying for you

Back safely from Iraq, Lebanon, and Jordan. Thanks for your prayers.
I have numerous stories to share but for now, the following came up in every conversation with Iraqi/Syrian refugees:

1 Have tea with us. Or coffee. Or juice. Or something with lots of sugar in it. Or better yet, all of the above.
2 We want peace. We want security.
3 We hate ISIS.
4 We just want to go home.
5 Please don't forget us.

Please don't forget them... Father, please bless and protect these Iraqi and Syrian "refugee" children that have already endured so much. Protect their hearts and mind from unfathomable trauma. Plant seeds of hope and vision in their lives. And as we pray for them, teach us how to advocate for them. Amen. "We don't call them refugees. We call them relatives. We don't call them camps but centers. Dignity is so important." -  local Iraqi priest whose church has welcomed many "relatives" to their church's property

It's always a privilege to be invited into peoples' home for tea - even if it's a temporary tent. This is an extended Yezidi family that fled the Mosul, Iraq area because of ISIS. It's indeed true that Christians were targeted by ISIS and thatbstory muat be shared but other minority groups like the Yezidis were also targeted. Some of their heartbreaking stories included the kidnapping of their sister. They shared that their father passed away shortly of a "broken heart." The conversation was emotional but afterwards, we asked each other for permission to take photos. Once the selfies came out, the real smiles came out.

So friends: Pray for Iraq. Pray for the persecuted Church. Pray for Christians, minority groups like the Yezidis who fear they will e completely wiped out in the Middle East,, and Muslims alike who are all suffering under ISIS. Friends: I'm traveling in the Middle East this week - Iraq, Lebanon, and Jordan. (Make sure you follow my pics/stories on IG stories). Specifically, I'm here representing @onedayswages to meet, learn, and listen to pastors, local leaders, NGOs, and of course directly from refugees from within these countries - including many from Syria.

For security purposes, I haven't been able to share at all but I'm now able to start sharing some photos and stories. For now, I'll be sharing numerous photos through my IG stories and will be sharing some longer written pieces in couple months when ODW launches another wave of partnerships to come alongside refugees in these areas. Four of us are traveling together also for the purpose of creating a short documentary that we hope to release early next year.

While I'm on my church sabbatical, it's truly a privilege to be able to come to these countries and to meet local pastors and indigenous leaders that tirelessly pursue peace and justice, and to hear directly from refugees. I've read so many various articles and pieces over the years and I thought I was prepared but it has been jarring, heartbreaking,  and gut wrenching. In the midst of such chaos, there's hope but there's also a lot of questions, too.

I hope you follow along as I share photos, stories, and help release this mini-documentary. Please tag friends that might be interested.

Please pray for safety, for empathy, for humility and integrity, for divine meetings. Pray that we listen well; To be present and not just be a consumer of these vulnerable stories. That's my biggest prayer.

Special thanks to @worldvisionusa and @worldrelief for hosting us on this journey. 9/11
Never forget.
And never stop working for peace.

Today, I had some gut wrenching and heart breaking conversations about war, violence, and peacemaking. Mostly, I listened. Never in my wildest imagination did I envision having these conversations on 9/11 of all days. I wish I could share more now but I hope to later after I process them for a few days.

But indeed: Never forget.
And never stop working for peace.
May it be so. Amen. Mount Rainier is simply epic. There's nothing like flying in and out of Seattle.

#mountrainier
#seattle
#northwestisbest

• Every convo with Iraqi/Syrian refugees included: 1 Have tea with us 2 We want peace 3 We hate ISIS 4 We want to go home 5 Don't forget us || 2 days ago
  • Back safely from Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan to assess @OneDaysWages' partnerships & to film mini-documentary on refugee crisis. So many emotions. || 2 days ago
  • Pray for Mexico. For those mourning loved ones. For those fighting for life - even under rubbles. For rescue workers. Lord, in your mercy. || 2 days ago
  • Don't underestimate what God can do through you. God has a very long history of using foolish and broken people for His purposes and glory. || 5 days ago
  • Father, bless these Iraqi and Syrian refugee children that have already endured so much. As we pray, teach us how t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… || 6 days ago
  • Pray for Iraq. Pray for persecuted Church, minority groups (Yezidis) and Muslims alike who are suffering under ISIS: instagram.com/p/BZF2j6Ngrna/ || 6 days ago