My exclusive unboxing and first impressions of the iPhone 5!

Dear iPhone crazies, geeks, and idolaters: Calm down. Breathe in and breathe out.

On the news release of the new iPhone 5 – the answer to all of the society’s problems, how can I not share this post again? Being a recovering gadget geek and part of the “in” crowd, I occasionally get access to the latest technology and thus, I had some time to play around with the latest iPhone 5. Here it is, in all it’s glory and splendor…

I hope I don’t get sued. I’m serious.

As gadget freaks celebrate the official release of the iPhone 3G 5 today… The main reason why the iPhone sucks so bad is because I can’t get one.  As much as I want, I just can’t.  Another reason: it’s as big as my shoe and nanchucks. This post is dedicated to all you folks who want to get an iPhone 3g 5 but for various reasons, can’t and/or won’t get one.  Enjoy the pics and this post [Mac vs PC].

INTERFACE: Very clear instructions and Power button is very very visible.

USABILITY: The buttons on the TouchPad are very easy to see and push. In fact, Apple guarantees you’ll never press the wrong button.

DURABILITY: Built solid like a rock or a shoe. But smells better than your shoe.

SIZE: Yes.

FLEXIBILITY: Not only is it an iPhone, but it can also iProtect you from phone jackers. I personally like to carry around my nanchucks where ever I go and will utilize my new iPhone 3G  5 for protection as well.

Here’s what it looks like to carry both your nanchucks and new iPhone 3G 5 in your back pockets. Don’t mess me with me. I’ll kick your ass…and then, pray for you.

Seriously, I’ve had this phone for awhile. I love it. Whenever I’m having a tense day…I carry this phone outside. I’ll pretend I’m talking on this phone as I’m walking or even better, driving around…and the looks people give me. It’s hilarious.

And lastly, a friendly reminder to be careful with your nanchucks. Don’t jump and swing.

Filed under: technology, , ,

1. nathan says:

This post was awesome!

2. ruth says:

i enjoyed this post just as much as the first time you posted it. 🙂

3. Jason says:

this is great! that was the first ‘cellular’ phone my family had, circa 1993. i think we paid $0.30 per minute, plus a per-call connect charge. and we had to carry it in a backpack.

4. Tyler says:

still funny the 2nd time.

5. joanne says:

one of my favorite posts! bwahahahaha

6. Jay Sellers says:

I certainly remember being envious of people that had that Motorola phone and didn’t have to carry their phone in a bag. Our grand kids well probably laugh at our memory of having to carry a phone at all. It should be reduced to a keychain with bluetooth real soon now.

7. kataztrophy says:

Bait and switch….Brilliant!

8. ashley park says:

heheh..funny…you almost got me good!!

9. Sandy Dobbins says:

Eugene, Francis Chans new book Crazy Love (www.crazylovebook.com) Good Stuff for vacation.

10. Kevin King says:

I can’t get one either!!! Mainly because Cingular/AT&T does not have coverage in my area!!! iPhone sucks because it doesn’t work with verizon or Alltel!!!

11. llofte says:

HAHA. that’s funny! I got the new iPhone 3G and LOVE it =D Sorry you can’t get one!

12. formosa92 says:

Brilliant! I’m so jealous!

13. Curtis says:

Oh gosh how funny. might be useful as a bat too.

14. cheatsisazn says:

Cool.

15. alliehope says:

‘I’ll kick your ass…then, pray for you’. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! That’s absolutely hilarious.

Oh BTW: I don’t want an iPhone. I wouldn’t mind having one, but I don’t truly need one.

16. […] I’d like to look at iphone from a different angle. Why iphone doesn’t suck. (Thanks to eugene e cho who has made these beautiful […]

17. candyzhao says:

i always can not access to internet, even if i connected , but is very very snow, i phone 3G sucks, i really wanna sue iphone, anybody wanna sue iphone with me????????

18. […] discussion was pretty spirited.  I also got some additional hate mail for my post entitled Why the Iphone Sucks which pretty much demonstrates my envy of iPhone users.  I never got a new laptop then but  now I […]

19. pchou says:

hahaha…where do i get my hands on the iprotect?

20. LT says:

I love you man. I don’t have any guilt or regrets for owning an iPhone. If I didn’t have one. No sweat. But good thing Apple paid for my iPhone and not me.

21. Val P. says:

I’m a new fan. (I think I recognize that phone, with a different logo, lol.) Love this post and still following the comments on the “New Calvinists” post.
    Have fun!

22. […] favorite heroes: MLK Jr. and Frederick Douglass; Family pics;  The big king salmon; and of course, my infamous sucky iPhone.  Kinda […]

23. christina says:

iphone 3g does suck the lg dare is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better

24. jonathanmontan says:

Simply awesome…i love that line about kicking ass and praying for you

"He Makes All Things New." In other words, Christ is our eternal hope. I'm sitting in my swinging bench on the comforts of my front porch after an exhilarating and exhausting day at church. It never gets tiring, stale, or old to preach and proclaim the good news of the Gospel - not just on Resurrection Sunday but every week as we gather as the body of Christ.

But it was this picture of Coptic Christians in Egypt pouring into churches on Easter Sunday that deeply moved my heart...just a week after two churches were bombed by ISIS terrorists taking 45 lives and injuring hundreds.

Even in the face of persecution and suffering, I'm so grateful for the witness of these sisters and brothers in Christ. May they be comforted and strengthened...and wherever you are reading this post, stay encouraged. Be faithful and steadfast. Don't give up. May we keep running the race set before us as we fix our eyes on Christ.

It's not just there. It's all over the world...God is still at work. The Holy Spirit is still moving. God is not yet done. There's only one explanation:
Christ has risen! He has risen, indeed! Jesus is alive! Hallelujah! #OneChurch Remember, there is no Resurrection without the Crucifixion; No Easter Sunday without Passion Friday; No empty tomb without the Cross.

So, before we move too swiftly to the celebration of the risen Christ, may we sit at the foot of the Cross...and consider the depths of His sacrifice and love. "Oh, what love is this..." Just when we think we get what it means to follow Him, Jesus washes the feet of His disciples including...the one He knew would betray Him,

and the one that would deny him,

and the others that would abandon Him in His greatest need.

What amazing love.
What amazing grace. Oh. What. Amazing. Grace. M(inhee) + E(ugene). Not taking anything for granted. 20 years = 7300 days = 175,200 hours. A flourishing  marriage doesn't just happen. The idea that two Christians who choose to get married will produce a Christ honoring marriage is a gigantic myth. Its also extremely dangerous. The truth is that it takes so much intentionality and work. Intimacy definitely includes physical touch but is not only about physical touch. We have to pray, read, listen, learn, mutually submit, confess, forgive, repent, laugh, dream, rest, play, and the list goes on.

In other words, we have to keep Christ at the center because it's inevitable, there's a lot of messing up. So much messing up. It's both beautiful and painful and without grace, it's impossible.

Grateful. Thank you, Jesus, for your grace. And thank you, Minhee...

• Seattle: Join us for a special book release party for @JohnMPerkins this WED at Quest, 7pm! Learn. Meet folks in ou… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 1 day ago
  • Take heart. Press on. Be encouraged. Christ is still risen. || 2 days ago
  • It's not Easter. Crowds may be smaller. But may we preach the Gospel w/ deep conviction; That we truly believe that the tomb is still empty. || 2 days ago
  • Looking for a church in Seattle? Join us tomorrow to hear a word from this woman of God. The tomb is still empty! twitter.com/LizVerHage/sta… || 2 days ago
  • The degradation of our environment impacts all but the reality is that poor communities suffer most...perpetuating the injustice of poverty. || 3 days ago
  • Caring for God's creation should always be part of our stewardship. In other words, it's not optional but an essential part of discipleship. || 3 days ago