Amazing. Inspiring…and umm, hilarious video.
This is Kyrie Irving – the 2011 #1 draft choice and NBA rookie of the year. He had a phenomenal season and he’s a legit point guard and baller.
Apparently, he also has a career in acting. He’s also only 20 years old but playing the part of a older grandpa that I’d estimate around 67 years old.
“Uncle Drew” is living out my dream!
Did you have a dream when you were younger? Mine all revolved around sports.
- Shortstop for the SF Giants
- Point guard for the Golden State Warriors
- Power hitter for the USA Volleyball Team
- Fencing champion in the Olympics
To this day, I still daydream and try to play hoops…which is why I’ve ruptured and completed severed both of my Achilleses muscles.[What’s the plural form of one Achilles? Anyone?]
Lessons learned: 84% of ruptured Achilles happens to men between ages 30-40 because they things they’re still in they’re 20s. True stat.
Honestly, I always thought I had a shot in the NBA if I:
- could shoot the ball better
- had a more explosive first step
- dribbled better with complete mastery in both hands
- passed better
- rebounded with more ferocity
- had better basketball iQ
- could improve my vertical by 15 inches
- was 15 inches taller
- had healthy Achilles tendons
If it were those couple things, I’d be ballin’ in the NBA but as I approach age 42 in a few months and my NBA dreams are over, I’m hoping I can be this old man hooping it up in the playground with young folks.
A man can only dream:
Even with a lowered rim, I couldn’t dunk. Damn.
Props and respect to all the real Uncle Drews and real over 50+ hoopsters.