So, I finally saw the film, Inception, today. After weeks and weeks of hearing about it from folks and seeing it trend every day for week on Twitter, I finally sat down to see what the big deal was all about.
After seeing the film, I wasn’t quite sure how I felt about the film.
- I think I enjoyed it.
- I think it’s real good.
- I think it’s brilliant.
- And I’m pretty certain that I need to see it again.
It was visually fascinating, stimulating, and thought-provoking and as I shared above, I think the film was brilliant and good but I don’t know because I don’t quite understand.
During and after the film, my head was still spinning.
Get it? [Dang, I’m good. ;)]
So, someone explain the movie to me.
The dream, dreamers, totem, limbo, Saito, guilt, reality, the wedding ring, dream within a dream, several levels of dreams, and my head is still spinning.
What’s the meaning of Inception?
Was it a great film?
And while we’re at it, here are a few other questions that crossed my mind:
- Is it a film you’d place in your Top 10 List?
- And while they’re different types of films, which would you rate higher: Dark Knight or Inception? As you know, both were created by Christopher Nolan.
- The music and soundtrack. Wow. Wow. Wow.
- What’s the meaning of the Totem?
- Who would have thunk that the little kid from Growing Pains would grow not just to be a superstar but actually, be a really good actor?
And for the record, I saw it with my father on our blu-ray player and he absolutely hated it. He got up half way through from the sofa to tend to other stuff.