your favorite “not yet discovered” musicians?

As you know, I’m a fan of music. In some ways, it’s hard to come across people that don’t like music. And while I wish I had more time to enjoy and invest, I very much love being a small-time music promoter in Seattle through Q Cafe. This past year, we’ve had another super year at the Q and look forward to another exciting year in 2011.

While we all have our list of big time favorite bands or artists,

who are some of your “not yet really discovered” musicians?

Here’s my two contributions for “not yet discovered” musicians. Check them out and thank me later. And make sure you share your contributions…

Josh Garrels

Okay, Josh Garrels isn’t completely obscure anymore but I’m amazed how few know about his music. I love the fusion of his guitar, rhythm, voice, and soul. And if you’re in the Northwest, I want to make sure that you DO NOT miss the opportunity to catch Josh live at Q Cafe on Friday, December 10. Tickets are $8 (advanced) or $10 (door) // FB event.

Feats in Inches

And here’s another band that you’ve probably never heard of but I think if this indie rock band keeps at it, you’ll hear about them in the future. It’s a group I heard during a visit to Southern California earlier this year. They’re called Feats in Inches and I think this song is pretty brilliant.

Check them out and let me know what you think:

Giving Away 2 Tickets to the Josh Garrels show!

In the comments, share at least two of your “not yet really big” musicians and I’ll put you in the drawing for two tickets to the Josh Garrels concert (w/ Brett Hite & Trevor Davis) – provided that you’re able to make it!

Filed under: , , , ,

1. Lars H Hansen says:

This is a danish artist that deserves some more attention.
    “Hymns From Nineveh”

2. A.Y. Siu says:

Jess Penner, Ok Sweetheart, and Julandrew.

3. Alex says:

I found this band this year. One of my instant favorites. They’re called Oriental Express and they mix western instruments with traditional Korean instruments.

4. chrisbscott25 says:

Awesome! so stoked about the new jams! thanks for sharing!

5. mo says:

not sure if she’s discovered or not, but I love Marina and the Diamonds.

6. Brian says:

don’t think you’ll remember/know me, but I remember you from your days at CKPC (I was at Ark Mission)….

This brother recently released an album…he’s DKC alum.

Mickey Cho – http://mickeycho.com/

7. Loscil- masterful ambient electronica that oozes atmosphere and nearly forces the listener into a state of internal reflection.

I said this one the last time you did a band post and they’re STILL not discovered: Kyte. So much for my influence🙂

8. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Eugene Cho, Eugene Cho and Under The Radar, Christian Ray Flores. Christian Ray Flores said: check this out your favorite “not yet discovered” musicians? http://bit.ly/8YlJU1 […]

9. JM says:

For all hip hop lovers out there–you need to check out two artists in particular: Shad and Braille. Shad is blowing up in his native Canada so some state-side may have heard of him. Braille has been around for awhile but has been perfecting his craft album after album. Both are Christ followers and are extremely talented emcees.

10. Rex Hamilton says:

Have to say that Green River Ordinance is my favorite “not really discovered” band right now. Really good stuff!

11. Ben Smith says:

Givers – “Up Up Up”

LOVE this song!

12. the Chiz says:

Cathedral Rock. Enough Said.
    Go to the membership page and you can download the latest EP for free. You can also stream the band’s catalog.

13. Alex Hwang says:

Feats In Inches is a great group of brothers. Talented, honest and worth your time. Wish you could see them live as I have a couple times. “No Use Pretending” by FNI is another great song/video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpxkXTC_Tgo

14. A.Y. Siu says:

I forgot Willow Willow.

Also, this guy isn’t “not yet discovered” but the lead singer (Joel Hanson) from PFR went solo, and his solo stuff is pretty good.

15. gar says:

Most of these guys aren’t “undiscovered”, but I love ’em anyways:

16. Bill B says:

I just ‘discovered’ Moi album NYC Sessions. HIGHLY recommended.

17. bankblood says:

Super cool!🙂

A prospective young man with tones of talent. His friends, we think it would be selfish not to share this and deprive you for this super tune! Also he is soon releasing his debut album for which he worked his ass off🙂