party. party. party.

What are you doing on Friday, November 5?

ODW is marking our first anniversary and as such, I’m officially inviting you to join me for the Inaugural One Day’s Wages Gala.

First: I’m humbled…

There’s so much to share about the past year.

Second: I’m nervous…

We got a great deal on an amazing new venue in South Lake Union (Seattle). I’m nervous because the capacity is 350 and that’s how much food we’re going to cater.

If no one comes, that’s a lot of food for Minhee and me.

Third: I’m excited.

Very excited. We got some great bands playing the evening and numerous sponsors (including several that read this blog!) and because of the generosity of the sponsors, the cost of the event should be completely paid for.

This will allow all ticket sales and donations to go directly to projects to empower those living in extreme poverty.

I’m not giving you the specific details about venue, bands, and sponsors because I’d like to ask you to visit our ODW Gala page.

If you’re anywhere close to Seattle on November 5,

please come & celebrate with us.

Filed under:

1. Drew says:

Aaah, we need to freaking move to Seattle! I’d love to party ODW-style. Congrats on the first year, Eugene. I appreciate ODW’s work not just in fighting poverty, but in reminding me of the bigger picture and the small part I can play in it. Thank you for that, and I hope the gala is great!

2. Yama says:

If I lived near Seattle…for sure dude. Long trip from Wyoming.

3. why did I move to Los angeles?? sigh. hope all goes well.

4. Luke says:

If no one comes, just freeze da left overs and i’ll come back to eat ’em w’en i get back from Ayiti (x-mas time). Congrats, I can’t believe it’s been a year.

5. Sam kim says:

Yes!!! My family will be there to eat your food haha my son and daughter sure can eat lol. This is the first church, i love to participate. Thank you for good preaching and service pastor!!!!

6. g says:

Kings are playing? Niiiiice.

7. Cindy says:

Praying for you guys Eugene! It’s gonna rock, I’m sure!

Nothing grows by itself. If something matters to us, may we be intentional about growing it.

Invest. Pray. Plant. Water. Nurture. Repeat. God sees and knows us. In fact, God knows everything about us.

Not just the good we try so hard to project but even the mess we often seek to hide.

Let this soak in: Not only are we fully known but in Christ, we are fully pursued and loved.

This is grace.
Amazing grace. Hairstyles change. Sideburn fads come and go but may our commitment to love, honor, respect, and be on mission together for Christ never waver.

Thank you, Minhee. I love you so much even if you made fun of my hairstyle and sideburns. I missed you, Seattle. Grateful for a time to pray, rest, retreat, read, reflect, and sabbath. I've spent the last 12 days in the woods alone. Competely alone. It's been both haunting and refreshing. Haunting because of loneliness. Refreshing because through the silence, I am reminded - again - that I'm not alone. Emmanuel.

Also, bought myself a cheap kayak and loving the solitude time in nature. Also, the kayak is paying instant dividends in my bass fishing game. #sabbathrest #bassfishing #catchandrelease There's nothing selfish about rest and self-care. We can't give what we don't have. Experience life and we'll be life-giving to others. Amen.

#NoteToSelf