i’m off to fish and chop down trees

This blogpost is an official warning to fishes. I’m coming after you.

Eugene Cho – an aspiring professional fisherman – is going on vacation and is coming to catch you.

That’s right folks. I officially begin my vacation today and will be out and about for the next two weeks.

It’s been a long, hard, fruitful, emotional, and amazing year. And while I’ve had pockets of 1-2 day or several day periods of rest, this is the big “family vacation” for us. And as I’ve done for the past two years – once alone and with my family last year – we’re headed off to Nebraska to visit some relatives there.

I know. I know. People ask,

Why Nebraska?

Asides from having family there, it’s become a strange but good place of rest, retreat, and rejuvenation. We just camp out in a small town of about 300 people.

What do we do?

Absolutely nothing important except we eat, laugh, play, rest, fish every day, chop down trees, camp, etc.

Since I’m on vacation and have no access to the internet, the blog is on vacation, too.

If you’re on Twitter, you can follow me since I have a feeling I’ll be uploading a few pictures to boast the fish I hope to catch. If I’m not uploading any pics, it means I’m agitated and not catching any fish…

Thanks for your love, support, prayer, and encouragement.

Filed under:

1. alice says:

Enjoy your vacation. Hope to hear lots of stories of the one that got away and the others you managed to bring home. Btw, my brother-in-law who is a serious fisherman says to always hold your arms out straight while holding your catch during photos. The fish look 10x bigger!

2. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Eugene Cho, Christian Ray Flores. Christian Ray Flores said: check this out This blogpost is an official warning to fishes. I’m coming after you. Eugene Cho – an … http://bit.ly/cksvEq by Eugene Cho […]

3. Tyler says:

No trip to Nebraska is complete without buying some Big Red gear, do it for me Eugene. They’re gonna stomp on the Dawgs in a month anyway, get ahead of the curve.

4. dritta says:

I’ve been going to Nebraska for years so I understand the appeal… but be careful of the ‘skeeters down by the crick. They’re deadly!

5. Hope you have a good vacation. We got a lot of funny looks when we went to Arkansas for our vacation last year. Sure, there’s not a lot to do down there – that’s the point!

6. Ben from TIC says:

Glad you can get your Sabbath on! Just got back from one myself. After an intentional Sabbath week, I feel more refreshed than ever. I pray the same for you. God bless

7. Tony Lin says:

Yo, that’s a Rambo knife isn’t it? The one with the compass in the end. It has matches and fish hooks and stuff in there right?

8. God bless! If you don’t catch any fish, throw the line on the other side of the boat! ha.

9. pastoralan says:

Model what you teach. Love it! Have a good one. See you when you’re back.

My Padawan. My son. My youngest. Encouraging him to not just hit the hoop courts but also the books. Minhee and I met these college boys when we first arrived in Seattle in 1997. They were part of our bible study that we led in our apartment for college students. They were also among the group of 7 people that helped start @seattlequest.

Much has changed in the world...but not their friendship and love. Thank you Jin and George. We love and honor you. These are crazy times in our country and larger world but nevertheless, we're going to keep pursuing the things that God has placed upon our hearts. We're pressing forward...doing our part to reflect mercy, compassion, and justice - locally and globally.

Wednesdays are my @onedayswages office day and I especially love the culmination of hard work for our interns, volunteers, 2 full-time staff, and board as we collaborate with our NGO partners. This week, we signed these checks as we granted out over $75,000 to provide better health care for mothers and their families in Mali and Nepal.

THANK YOU for making this possible Your classic play it cool because you're visiting your old stomping grounds at Princeton and pretend you're not cold but in actuality, you're freezing picture. 20 years, 2 weeks, and counting. What a journey with this woman. I love her...and I want to keep growing in love, honor, and respect. Great to catch up with @jlin7 in Brooklyn at the Nets game. Grateful for his partnership with @onedayswages to support our Girls' Empowerment Fund. The season hasn't been what he hoped for with major injuries...but we can't wait to see you back on the court soon and do what you do. Stay encouraged, brother. Thanks for your faithful witness for Christ.