how fast time flies…

The phrase:

How fast time flies….

has been on my lips, heart, and soul in this season of my life. Call it my mid-life “reflection” as I approach the big 40 in October.

How do I know I’m aging?

Well, I’m reminded every day as I see my kids and trust me if you don’t have children…they grow up so quickly.

My youngest child turned 7 years old yesterday. He’s now in 2nd grade, and my two daughters are turning 10 and 12 later this year. Not that long ago, Minhee and I were playing with our baby boy:

Happy Birthday to my son. He is such a treasure and delight and I am so proud to be his father. As I guide, love, and shepherd my son…I also can’t wait to see what awaits him over his life.

And if you want a great laugh, read this story about my son asking my wife to marry her. It still cracks me up.

Filed under: , , ,

1. Jason says:

My two daughters are 6.5 and 20 months but I do know already what you mean in this post. Got to just enjoy each moment with them and invest NOW.

2. jchenwa says:

Happy Birthday to your son!

3. georgesong says:

happy bday to that rascal… the force runs strong in that one!

4. David says:

It’s a beautiful day to be born. He made a good choice!

5. stacy says:

got a little teary-eyed seeing the pics and video…never thought I would be old enough to say I’ve watched someone grow up since birth before I met your kids. truly a blessing…love, love, love them!!

• Eugene Cho says:

stacy: i remember you and gordon visiting us at the hospital and praying for jedi. wow.

and now, you have a kid and another one coming…

thank gordon again for the basketball hoop from the video.

we love you guys.

Father - daughters bonding (and freezing) time at the Seahawks game. Grateful to the Panthers organization for the tickets. Now, go Hawks. Pound the Panthers. The family that karaokes together stays together. #ChoFamilyKPopFamily Family time in one of my favorite cities in the world - especially when the exchange rate is so favorable. Thank you, Vancouver, for being such a great refuge for our souls for the past 20 years. #QuestVancouver It's the day after...that day.
Be grateful. Again.
We woke up. We're alive.
Breathing. Dreaming.
Pursuing. Embodying. Loving.

Yes. Be grateful.
That you, Jesus.

Pastor Coby, Pastor Katey, Pam, Jalle, and Jasmin: We see you. We appreciate you. We are grateful for your presence and leadership at Quest and beyond. Thank you and all of our amazing volunteers

• RT @EugeneCho: We wait for Christ to return to restore all things but while we wait, we join and partner with God to work towards that rest… || 13 hours ago
  • Father/daughters bonding time at the Seahawks game. Grateful to the Panthers organization for the tix. Now, go Hawk… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 2 days ago
  • "Genuine hope is not blind optimism. It is hope with open eyes, which sees the suffering and yet believes in the future." ~ Jürgen Moltmann || 2 days ago
  • They play against my Seahawks tomorrow but who cares. What a privilege to preach the Gospel at the Carolina Panther… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 3 days ago
  • We wait for Christ to return to restore all things but while we wait, we join and partner with God to work towards that restoration. #advent || 3 days ago
  • Washington Huskies. 2016 PAC-12 Champs! #WOOF || 4 days ago