“who on earth would support such a dummy?”

Please don’t send me hate mail. I’m not ripping on Alabama, the South or people that Alabamanians.  [Is that the word?]

But what is going on with some of these political ads from Alabama:

This is one of the most hilarious political ads I have ever seen.

Or perhaps, you have better ones…

Dale Peterson is running for Agricultural Comissioner of Alabama:

• “And they don’t give a rip about Alabama…”
  • Who on earth would support such a dummy?” [my personal favorite]
  • I’ll name names and won’t take no prisoners…”

Watch the video below and enjoy:

And of course, I shared this one with you last week. “Does it to you?…”

…Which led to this hilarious parody:

Share/Bookmark

Filed under: , , , ,

1. I kept waiting for the Alabama guy to say, “And if you don’t vote for me I will kick ur arse.”

Or shoot me with that gun.

2. Pat says:

I grew up in rural, conservative Montana, among Josh Birch society members and white supremecists hanging out in the woods – and that video scares me🙂

3. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Eugene Cho, Kim Aliczi. Kim Aliczi said: “who on earth would support such a dummy?” « eugene cho http://ow.ly/1OgVo […]

4. Josh Rowley says:

It’s hard to believe the first one isn’t a parody.

5. rogueminister says:

I am tempted to give up my non-voting stance just to cast my ballot for Mr. Peterson… That was fantastically creepy…

6. Garrett says:

Dale Peterson got his money’s worth out of his video editor.

7. Matt K says:

Why focus on the horse when he says “who would support such a dummy?” Now this guy is calling his horse a dummy! poor horse…

and I love he whips out the gun right when he’s saying republican. LOL

8. […] on earth would support such a dummy?” May 21st, 2010 | Author: Source: Eugene Cho Posted in […]

9. Steven Kim says:

That was thoroughly entertaining!

10. Jim Gray says:

awesome…got a good laugh off the parody…

11. Dale Best says:

What’s funny is the guy who made the Dale Peterson ad also made this ad for his own radio show:

I wonder if the Christians whom Dale Peterson is scaring into voting for him would approve of the taste of his commercial director.

12. Dan Hauge says:

Highlights of the Peterson ad: this good ol’, traditional Alabaman complaining about the other guy’s Facebook page, and the two second close up on the horse’s face.

13. I showed this to some friends last night that are from the South and they said they really liked the ad. They said we Californians just don’t get it if we don’t like it.

14. pastoralan says:

I get the tension by some.

But,

It’s a political ad for people in Alabama. Most will be older who vote. So,

HELLO!

It’s southern down there. That’s why I live in New Mexico.

15. Annah says:

I’d ask what’s going on with this blog. It’s your blog and you can write what you want. But to hi-lite (make fun of) two political ads from the same southern state and then write you’re not making fun of the people seems, at the very least sort of mean spirited. What’s edifying about these entries?

Please don’t interpret this as hate mail. I truly don’t intend that. But having grown up in the south maybe you can see my point.

Thanks.

• Andy M says:

Not to speak for Eugene, but these ads, particularly the Dale Peterson one, seems more like a parody than an actual ad, but it actually is a real ad.

To some of us, the message of the ads themselves may almost seem like a Stephen Colbert type thing, if it wasn’t for the fact that they are actually serious.

Is it wrong to laugh at political ads that almost seem like they got advertising advice from SNL? These two just happened to be from Alabama conservatives.

And, being from Oklahoma (semi-southern) I have to say that, in my opinion, we tend to make it fairly easy for people to make fun of us.

16. gar says:

That last video, the parody, is comedy gold.

17. I got nothin, other than to say those three videos were all hilarious whether intentional or not. Thanks for the laugh, Eugene.🙂

18. Janet Burns says:

I moved to the “Deep South” 15 years ago. Unfortunately, Dale Peterson is pretty much the norm here. I work in a public school where there are “educated” women who still think Obama is the antichrist. Heaven help me.

19. JLJ says:

Got a good chuckle from those videos. Are they really being serious??

Hebrews 13:16
    Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Luke 6:38
    Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

Believe those words and head on over to http://www.hybridhondas.com. Click on a link or two to help a fellow brother out so he can continue helping others.

Spread the word to other brothers and sisters.

Today, Minhee and I dropped off our eldest child at her college. We have been thinking and praying about this day for many years. On some days, we hoped it would never come. On other days, we couldn't wait for it to come. On some days, we prayed for time to stop and other days, we prayed with anticipation.

A flood of thoughts rushed my mind.

Is she ready?
Have we done enough?
Have we taught her enough?
What if this? What if that?

And I came home.
And I wept.
Forget my street cred.
I miss her. I love her.
She will always be my little baby.

Happy life. - Eugenius 3:16

I still remember that time, many years ago, when Minhee was pregnant with our first child. She had left her family and friends in Korea just two years before. Her morning sickness was horrible and when she finally had an appetite, she craved her favorite Korean food from certain restaurants in her neighborhood in Seoul, Korea. I had no way of getting that food from those restaurants so I actually said, "How about a Whopper? Big Mac?" Sorry honey. Eat away. You deserve it. I don't care if it sounds mushy but sunsets are one of my love languages. Seoul, Korea was amazing but WOW...what a breathtaking welcome back sunset by Seattle. Not ready to let go of summer. Seattle. 7:00pm. Desperately holding on to summer. #goldengardenpark #nofilter Happy Birthday, Minhee! I'm so grateful for you. You radiate faith, hope, and love.  No...you don't complete me. That would be silly and simply humanly impossible but you keep pointing me and our family to Christ who informs and transforms our lives, marriage, family, and ministry. Thanks for being so faithful. I love you so much. (* And what a gift to be in Korea together.)