I am so humbled by your belief, trust, and partnership with the vision of ODW. In response to the devastating earthquake in Haiti on January 12, we immediately set up the Haiti Relief and Rebuild Fund and last weekend, we met our goal of $100,000. Having personally traveled to Haiti several weeks ago, I can tell you that your gifts saved thousands of lives – and that is not an exaggeration. We’re still researching about the possible “next steps” in the rebuilding efforts.
I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who chose to partner with us. In addition to hundreds of private donations, we had so many amazing and creative partners. Take a few minutes and click through some of them:
- we had schools like this elementary school
- we had many churches like this one in Texas
- we had benefit concerts such as Love for Haiti
- we had high schoolers throw an amazing event to raise $10,000
- we had other NGOs join our efforts like Krochet International who raised $3182 by creating and selling 7 unqiue krochet hats
- a couple hosting two dinners to raise $2950 – a la Fishes & Loaves
Some of you have asked,
“What else can do I do besides donate?”
There’s two things I’d like to ask you to consider:
Join our Facebook Page
If you’ve already joined or after you join: SHARE it on your profile and Invite your friends. And the 1st of each month, would you mind sharing it again? This is a huge part of our strategy that doesn’t cost you a penny but a simple click.
Join our Global Street Team
ODW’s Street Team is officially launching today. Click on the image below to learn more about who, what, where, and why. We’re literally hoping for hundreds to join around the world and I assure you that we can make a dramatic impact. The GST simply requires minimal time but is an opportunity to join what we hope will be a global team.
photo credit: Jacob S. Kim Photograph @ Helping Hands 2010