if jesus were on facebook

This is brilliantly funny – worth sharing every year around Holy Week and since Holy Week is coming up and well – meant to be holy – I’m sharing it now so no one accuses me of being egregiously unholy.

If Jesus Christ were on Facebook, his account and “wall” would look exactly like this (original creator of unknown).  Not only is it brilliantly funny, it’s also pretty darn biblical. Check it out and:

What made you laugh the most.

Some highlights:

• Jesus has 777,777,777,777 fans.
  • The Disciples wrote on Peter’s wall:  So, Jesus told us to walk up to people we don’t know, and basically steal their colt and donkey…  This is sketchy, don’t you think???
  • The High Priests have created a group: How to Use the Temple for piety AND profit.
  • The High Priests have given Judas a gift:  30 pieces of Silver.
  • Judas and the High Priest are now friends.
  • Jesus has taken the “What Kind of Messiah are You?” quiz.
  • Jesus has given Roman Soldier a gift: A New Ear

You have to see it to truly appreciate it.  Check out it out HERE or click the image above.

You should also check out Jesus’ life according to Twitter. It’s also very compelling, brilliant, and biblically accurate.

Original Source: Unknown

And if you’re new to this blog, do me a favor, take 3 minutes, and check out (click image) and support our poverty org via FaceBook:

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. “Jesus has uploaded photos using His Blackberry”.

2. Kim says:

Inbox: 144,000 messages!!!Now that’s funny!

3. Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by eugenecho: Check this out -> If Jesus were on Facebook. – http://bit.ly/bSYQx1

4. laterain says:

I particularly enjoyed Johnnie Cochran’s wall post to Pilate: “If the Messiah doesn’t fit, you must acquit” LOL

5. Micah says:

I particularly like “JESUS is online… DEATH is defeated.” Word!

6. Brett Barner says:

The picture of Saul of Tarsus cracked me up. That and “Jesus uploaded photos using his blackberry”. Very funny, and surprisingly moving at the end.

7. David Devora says:

Hahaha…”Judas and the High Priest are now friends.”

What about “Jesus’ gift to all his friends: the Holy Spirit”?

8. Tony Lin says:

This is hilarious! The funniest part is in the details. Like Jesus riding a dinosaur and a photo album titled “Jesus cuddling fluffy things” haha! Genius!

9. […] Jesus Was on Facebook March 24th, 2010 by Paul Steinbrueck Eugene Cho appears to have found Jesus on Facebook. OK, so it’s not really Jesus. But someone has created a spoof of what Jesus’s Facebook […]

10. Jeremy says:

“Dan Brown … thinks that John is really Mary Magdelene.”

11. Only because it’s the most random ever and I like random: “Hyper Intelligent Space Beatles wrote on God’s wall: See what kind of problems you have to deal with in those cut rate universes? I bet you wish you hadn’t gambled us away now, eh?”

😀

12. Kevin Bobrow says:

Definitely “Jesus has taken the “What Kind of Messiah are You?” quiz.” made me laugh the hardest–out loud! Thanks for sharing this!

13. Vern Sanders says:

incredibly funny, and yet somehow a teaching tool…

14. Rachel says:

Jesus has a dislike button!!

15. vianho says:

I loved this – so I just had to share it with my fellow theology students and we’ve all been laughing really hard for way to long. Thanks! 😀

16. Peter says:

Wow… that was HILARIOUS!! 😀 Thanks for great laughs!! (and just in time too before the Holy Week!)

17. Steve says:

Someone took a lot of time to put that together. It was very well done. Thanks for posting!

18. Annie Martin says:

This is SO funny. I can’t get over it!

19. Rev David Coleman says:

Many many thanks for this lively, insightful and theologically astute creation that gladdened the hearts of two ministers preparing for Holy week!

20. C-Bob says:

Hasidic but I don’t believe it!

21. adam says:

the Ehrman / Colt / Donkey chain is pretty funny, too.

22. Why does the PDF flash some different pictures and text?

This is really funny.

23. “sketchy nard dealers”
    and Matthew’s profile pic

So can I send this to confirmands, even though it has the word “ass” in it?

24. dsrtrosy says:

The only thing it’s missing is the twelve apostles as “Administrators.”

25. JONAH PHOENIX says:

Awesome! I could not even begin to say what made me laugh more! The best part is, I’m pretty sure Jesus is laughing too!

26. Joan K. says:

Thank you! I loved the gift of the resurrection breakfast!

27. briancberry says:

If you like this, then you’ll love this little video of jesus’ facebook account this week. It’s really well done in my opinion. Worth the 5 minutes for sure.

28. catesongbird says:

This is SO HILARIOUSSSSSSSSSSSS. Wait, who created this image??

29. […] And if you’ve missed it, this is even more funny: “If Jesus were on Facebook.” […]

30. […] already seen the contemporary adaptation, “If Jesus were on Facebook” but this is pretty brilliant, compelling, and very biblically […]

31. Lisa Preuett says:

I wrote a post the other day about how Jesus has already been using friend requests, messages and notifications for a long time. Here is the link: http://reststopforthesoul.com/2014/10/03/jesus-on-facebook

Made it to 47 years old this psst week. Grateful for God's grace and all those who believed in me, prayed for me, encouraged me, invested in me, forgave me, fed me, loved me, and _____ me.

I've come a long way since my first school picture  at the age of 6 - the age I immigrated to the United States. And long way to go. You can do it, sun. Break through the clouds. I love her. Saturday morning date at Pike Market with @minheejcho. Enjoying the final day of sun before 6 months of rain and gray. Not lol'ing. Some of my moat memorable travels have been to Myanmar (otherwise known as Burma). In fact, the vision of @onedayswages began on my first visit to this country in 2006. On a recent visit, I began learning about the Rohingya people. Sadly, it has escalated to horrendous, genocidal proportions.

Thus far, about 500,000 people have been driven out from Myanmar through violence...with most going to Bangledesh...regulated to a massive refugee camp. Stateless. Undocumented. Minority groups. Dehumanized. Homes and villages destroyed. And so much more unspeakable atrocities.

Yes, it's complex and messy. It always is. But the root of this injustice as the case for so much brokeness in the world is the sin of dehumanizing one anotber as..."the other." May we see each person, including the Rohingya people, as one who is created in the image of God. It's the truth and the remedy to the incessant dehumanization that goes on in our world.

Lord, in your mercy. The obedience of discipleship which includes the work of justice is a marathon. It's long, arduous, and emotional. Be tenacious. But also take care of yourself. Create healthy rhythms. Don't burn out. We need you for the marathon. Friends, don't give up. Press on. In the midst of so much chaos in the world, may we continue to cling to the hope of the whole Gospel. May we cling unto Jesus:

Way maker!
Miracle worker!
Promise keeper!
Light in the darkness!
That is who You are!

What an encounter with the Holy Spirit at @seattlequest today. Grateful for our worship team, the gospel choir, and the Audio/Visual team. Thank you Matt, Teresita, and Chris. Please thank all the volunteers for us.