if jesus were on facebook

This is brilliantly funny – worth sharing every year around Holy Week and since Holy Week is coming up and well – meant to be holy – I’m sharing it now so no one accuses me of being egregiously unholy.

If Jesus Christ were on Facebook, his account and “wall” would look exactly like this (original creator of unknown).  Not only is it brilliantly funny, it’s also pretty darn biblical. Check it out and:

What made you laugh the most.

Some highlights:

• Jesus has 777,777,777,777 fans.
  • The Disciples wrote on Peter’s wall:  So, Jesus told us to walk up to people we don’t know, and basically steal their colt and donkey…  This is sketchy, don’t you think???
  • The High Priests have created a group: How to Use the Temple for piety AND profit.
  • The High Priests have given Judas a gift:  30 pieces of Silver.
  • Judas and the High Priest are now friends.
  • Jesus has taken the “What Kind of Messiah are You?” quiz.
  • Jesus has given Roman Soldier a gift: A New Ear

You have to see it to truly appreciate it.  Check out it out HERE or click the image above.

You should also check out Jesus’ life according to Twitter. It’s also very compelling, brilliant, and biblically accurate.

Original Source: Unknown

And if you’re new to this blog, do me a favor, take 3 minutes, and check out (click image) and support our poverty org via FaceBook:

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. “Jesus has uploaded photos using His Blackberry”.

2. Kim says:

Inbox: 144,000 messages!!!Now that’s funny!

3. Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by eugenecho: Check this out -> If Jesus were on Facebook. – http://bit.ly/bSYQx1

4. laterain says:

I particularly enjoyed Johnnie Cochran’s wall post to Pilate: “If the Messiah doesn’t fit, you must acquit” LOL

5. Micah says:

I particularly like “JESUS is online… DEATH is defeated.” Word!

6. Brett Barner says:

The picture of Saul of Tarsus cracked me up. That and “Jesus uploaded photos using his blackberry”. Very funny, and surprisingly moving at the end.

7. David Devora says:

Hahaha…”Judas and the High Priest are now friends.”

What about “Jesus’ gift to all his friends: the Holy Spirit”?

8. Tony Lin says:

This is hilarious! The funniest part is in the details. Like Jesus riding a dinosaur and a photo album titled “Jesus cuddling fluffy things” haha! Genius!

9. […] Jesus Was on Facebook March 24th, 2010 by Paul Steinbrueck Eugene Cho appears to have found Jesus on Facebook. OK, so it’s not really Jesus. But someone has created a spoof of what Jesus’s Facebook […]

10. Jeremy says:

“Dan Brown … thinks that John is really Mary Magdelene.”

11. Only because it’s the most random ever and I like random: “Hyper Intelligent Space Beatles wrote on God’s wall: See what kind of problems you have to deal with in those cut rate universes? I bet you wish you hadn’t gambled us away now, eh?”

😀

12. Kevin Bobrow says:

Definitely “Jesus has taken the “What Kind of Messiah are You?” quiz.” made me laugh the hardest–out loud! Thanks for sharing this!

13. Vern Sanders says:

incredibly funny, and yet somehow a teaching tool…

14. Rachel says:

Jesus has a dislike button!!

15. vianho says:

I loved this – so I just had to share it with my fellow theology students and we’ve all been laughing really hard for way to long. Thanks! 😀

16. Peter says:

Wow… that was HILARIOUS!! 😀 Thanks for great laughs!! (and just in time too before the Holy Week!)

17. Steve says:

Someone took a lot of time to put that together. It was very well done. Thanks for posting!

18. Annie Martin says:

This is SO funny. I can’t get over it!

19. Rev David Coleman says:

Many many thanks for this lively, insightful and theologically astute creation that gladdened the hearts of two ministers preparing for Holy week!

20. C-Bob says:

Hasidic but I don’t believe it!

21. adam says:

the Ehrman / Colt / Donkey chain is pretty funny, too.

22. Why does the PDF flash some different pictures and text?

This is really funny.

23. “sketchy nard dealers”
    and Matthew’s profile pic

So can I send this to confirmands, even though it has the word “ass” in it?

24. dsrtrosy says:

The only thing it’s missing is the twelve apostles as “Administrators.”

25. JONAH PHOENIX says:

Awesome! I could not even begin to say what made me laugh more! The best part is, I’m pretty sure Jesus is laughing too!

26. Joan K. says:

Thank you! I loved the gift of the resurrection breakfast!

27. briancberry says:

If you like this, then you’ll love this little video of jesus’ facebook account this week. It’s really well done in my opinion. Worth the 5 minutes for sure.

28. catesongbird says:

This is SO HILARIOUSSSSSSSSSSSS. Wait, who created this image??

29. […] And if you’ve missed it, this is even more funny: “If Jesus were on Facebook.” […]

30. […] already seen the contemporary adaptation, “If Jesus were on Facebook” but this is pretty brilliant, compelling, and very biblically […]

31. Lisa Preuett says:

I wrote a post the other day about how Jesus has already been using friend requests, messages and notifications for a long time. Here is the link: http://reststopforthesoul.com/2014/10/03/jesus-on-facebook

We have to remind ourselves of this truth every day lest we forget:

Our greatest calling as followers of Christ is to be faithful. Not spectacular. Not glamorous. Not popular. Not relevant.

Be faithful.

PS: Also, it helps to get some Vitamin D especially if you live in the rainy Northwest Thank you, Brooklyn, for the reminder. Umm, @jlin7 is a Christian but he wasn't very Christlike with me on the basketball court. He muscled me into the paint, dunked on me, mentioned my momma, and then said, "Stick with preaching." Just kidding. Kind of.

If you haven't heard, Jeremy Lin is donating his one games wages (approximately $140,000) and an additional $100 for every 3 pointer made to support Girls' Empowerment and Education through @onedayswages. That game is this Friday vs the Boston Celtics!

Join his campaign as he's inviting his fans to donate just $7. - http://onedayswages.org/jlin

Did you know that 32 million girls of lower secondary school age are not enrolled in school.

Did you know that every year of secondary school increases a girl’s future earning power by 20 percent.

Did you know that if all girls in Sub-Saharan Africa, South and West Asia had a secondary education, child marriage would fall by 64 percent.

We can't change the entire world but we can impact the lives of one, few, and in some cases...many.

#jeremylin #jlin #linsanity #onedayswages Don't be held captive to either praise or criticism.

Know who you are.
Know what you're about.
Know WHO you serve.

The answer to who you serve makes all the difference... It's the day after International Women's Day - and it's still important to celebrate the contribution of women in our lives, society, and world. As we honor women all around the world, I'm also reminded of how women and children are those who are most deeply impacted by injustice - especially poverty.

Sadly, I have witnessed this reality in too many places. ​In 2012, I traveled to a remote area in Eastern Kenya as part of a @onedayswages response to a famine that struck the Horn of Africa region. This famine impacted nearly 13 million people and according to some sources, took the lives of about 250,000 people. During my trip there, I had the chance of meeting many people but the person that still remains in my memory was a Muslim woman named Sahara.

She was so hospitable in inviting us to her small and temporary home. During our conversation, I learned that ​Sahara traveled 300 kilometers (a little under 200 miles) – some by cart and some by foot – as they sought to escape the worst drought that has impacted East Africa (Kenya, Somalia, and Ethiopia) in the past 60 years.

This is not a misprint.
200.

She traveled about 200 miles on cart and foot. ​And all along, she was ill. If you look closely ​at the photo, you might notice the large lump in her throat - likely a large cancerous tumor.​ She did not travel alone. She traveled with her husband who I was not able to meet because he was staying with one of his five other wives in this polygamist community.  She did not travel alone. She also traveled with her six children – the youngest being about 1 and the oldest being around 8. She had just given birth to her sixth child when they began her journey. Her youngest was severely malnourished when they arrived to this new settlement in a town called Benane.
Sahara and her children all survived this journey. They survived because she persisted.
In honor of Sahara...and so many other women who keep...keeping on. I have to remind myself of this every day...because I can forget every day:

Don't be lazy and make assumptions about people. Ask about their story. Then listen. Be humble. Be teachable. Be human. Be a good neighbor.