if jesus were on facebook

This is brilliantly funny – worth sharing every year around Holy Week and since Holy Week is coming up and well – meant to be holy – I’m sharing it now so no one accuses me of being egregiously unholy.

If Jesus Christ were on Facebook, his account and “wall” would look exactly like this (original creator of unknown).  Not only is it brilliantly funny, it’s also pretty darn biblical. Check it out and:

What made you laugh the most.

Some highlights:

• Jesus has 777,777,777,777 fans.
  • The Disciples wrote on Peter’s wall:  So, Jesus told us to walk up to people we don’t know, and basically steal their colt and donkey…  This is sketchy, don’t you think???
  • The High Priests have created a group: How to Use the Temple for piety AND profit.
  • The High Priests have given Judas a gift:  30 pieces of Silver.
  • Judas and the High Priest are now friends.
  • Jesus has taken the “What Kind of Messiah are You?” quiz.
  • Jesus has given Roman Soldier a gift: A New Ear

You have to see it to truly appreciate it.  Check out it out HERE or click the image above.

You should also check out Jesus’ life according to Twitter. It’s also very compelling, brilliant, and biblically accurate.

Original Source: Unknown

And if you’re new to this blog, do me a favor, take 3 minutes, and check out (click image) and support our poverty org via FaceBook:

Filed under: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. “Jesus has uploaded photos using His Blackberry”.

2. Kim says:

Inbox: 144,000 messages!!!Now that’s funny!

3. Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by eugenecho: Check this out -> If Jesus were on Facebook. – http://bit.ly/bSYQx1

4. laterain says:

I particularly enjoyed Johnnie Cochran’s wall post to Pilate: “If the Messiah doesn’t fit, you must acquit” LOL

5. Micah says:

I particularly like “JESUS is online… DEATH is defeated.” Word!

6. Brett Barner says:

The picture of Saul of Tarsus cracked me up. That and “Jesus uploaded photos using his blackberry”. Very funny, and surprisingly moving at the end.

7. David Devora says:

Hahaha…”Judas and the High Priest are now friends.”

What about “Jesus’ gift to all his friends: the Holy Spirit”?

8. Tony Lin says:

This is hilarious! The funniest part is in the details. Like Jesus riding a dinosaur and a photo album titled “Jesus cuddling fluffy things” haha! Genius!

9. […] Jesus Was on Facebook March 24th, 2010 by Paul Steinbrueck Eugene Cho appears to have found Jesus on Facebook. OK, so it’s not really Jesus. But someone has created a spoof of what Jesus’s Facebook […]

10. Jeremy says:

“Dan Brown … thinks that John is really Mary Magdelene.”

11. Only because it’s the most random ever and I like random: “Hyper Intelligent Space Beatles wrote on God’s wall: See what kind of problems you have to deal with in those cut rate universes? I bet you wish you hadn’t gambled us away now, eh?”

😀

12. Kevin Bobrow says:

Definitely “Jesus has taken the “What Kind of Messiah are You?” quiz.” made me laugh the hardest–out loud! Thanks for sharing this!

13. Vern Sanders says:

incredibly funny, and yet somehow a teaching tool…

14. Rachel says:

Jesus has a dislike button!!

15. vianho says:

I loved this – so I just had to share it with my fellow theology students and we’ve all been laughing really hard for way to long. Thanks! 😀

16. Peter says:

Wow… that was HILARIOUS!! 😀 Thanks for great laughs!! (and just in time too before the Holy Week!)

17. Steve says:

Someone took a lot of time to put that together. It was very well done. Thanks for posting!

18. Annie Martin says:

This is SO funny. I can’t get over it!

19. Rev David Coleman says:

Many many thanks for this lively, insightful and theologically astute creation that gladdened the hearts of two ministers preparing for Holy week!

20. C-Bob says:

Hasidic but I don’t believe it!

21. adam says:

the Ehrman / Colt / Donkey chain is pretty funny, too.

22. Why does the PDF flash some different pictures and text?

This is really funny.

23. “sketchy nard dealers”
    and Matthew’s profile pic

So can I send this to confirmands, even though it has the word “ass” in it?

24. dsrtrosy says:

The only thing it’s missing is the twelve apostles as “Administrators.”

25. JONAH PHOENIX says:

Awesome! I could not even begin to say what made me laugh more! The best part is, I’m pretty sure Jesus is laughing too!

26. Joan K. says:

Thank you! I loved the gift of the resurrection breakfast!

27. briancberry says:

If you like this, then you’ll love this little video of jesus’ facebook account this week. It’s really well done in my opinion. Worth the 5 minutes for sure.

28. catesongbird says:

This is SO HILARIOUSSSSSSSSSSSS. Wait, who created this image??

29. […] And if you’ve missed it, this is even more funny: “If Jesus were on Facebook.” […]

30. […] already seen the contemporary adaptation, “If Jesus were on Facebook” but this is pretty brilliant, compelling, and very biblically […]

31. Lisa Preuett says:

I wrote a post the other day about how Jesus has already been using friend requests, messages and notifications for a long time. Here is the link: http://reststopforthesoul.com/2014/10/03/jesus-on-facebook

Window seat. For the win. As leaders, we must not see ministry and family as competing commitments.  We must not sacrifice our marriage and kids for the sake of "ministry." How can we? Loving our families IS ministry & good leadership.

And on a side note, we took this goofy photo for Mother's Day last Sunday at @seattlequest. I was shocked! What in the world happened to our kids? Our 13 year old son blocked four of my shots on the basketball court yesterday. He's since been grounded... I fear that we ask God to move mountains, forgetting that God also wants to move us.

In fact, it's possible that we are that mountain. Time flies. The eldest is wrapping up her 1st year in college and the college tours have begun for the 2nd child. The youngest enters high school in the Fall. Can't say enough about how proud Minhee and I are of the kids - not just of their accomplishments but the people they are and are becoming.

But...man...we can't wait to party it up when we're emptynesters. Party at our house. It's going to be epic. Humbled. Grateful. Mindful of God's grace and faithfulness in my life. It's all grace... It's an unexpected honor to be invited back - even with some mini-drama - to @princetonseminary to receive the 2017 Distinguished Alumni Award - exactly 25 years after starting my journey there as a student in 1992. Wow.

Princeton isn't necessarily for everyone. And to say that I loved everything about my experience would be misleading but it was very formative. Ir challenged me to examine why I believed in what I believed. It reminded me that God could handle my questions. It prepared me for a post-Christian context where I am not entitled to be heard but I had to earn the right to be heard, and of course, it taught me that all is good with a Philly cheese steak at Hoagie Haven.

No one is an island to themselves and I am certainly an example of that. Many people - women and men, young and old, and of many backgrounds - prayed, encouraged, mentored, and loved me along the way. Grateful for my professors at seminary, my many classmates, and the numerous fellow staff and co-laborers I've had the privilege of serving Christ with past and present. And of course, I'm forever inspired by my parents, my children, and my wife, Minhee. Thank you for your faith, hope, and love...and oh, for your patience. Only your family will know and see both the best and worst of you. They've seen my worst...and keep on believing in me.

Thank you again, PTS and President Barnes, for this honor. Then, today, and tomorrow...by God's grace, just striving to be faithful to my Lord and Savior...to preach and live out the convictions of the whole Gospel. Amen. So humbled and grateful to be with @catalystleader in Cincinnati to encourage leaders from all around the country about the invitation to Uncommon Fellowship.

Preached from John 4. We can talk, preach, sing, philsophize, liturgize, and spit rhymes about Samaria...but we still have to talk through Samaria.