the greatest commercial…ever

Don’t get offended but every now and then, I like to post complete nonsense.

In fact, if you don’t laugh after watching this commercial (youtube video below), you need to go find your sense of humor.  I give you my nomination for the greatest commercial…ever…featuring Old Spice’s “The Man Your Man Can Smell.”

What are your other nominations for the best commercials ever?

We’re not saying this body wash will make your man smell into a romantic millionaire jet fighter pilot, but we are insinuating it.

Filed under: , , , ,

1. Rachel says:

I love the random ending: “I’m on a horse.”

2. Matt says:

I saw the commercial the other day on tv, and I was laughing, but then, my wife was just giving me this confused look….

maybe it’s a guy thing?

3. Richard says:

That’s brilliant. But I still haven’t found the commercial that beats this one

4. Ian says:

@Matt: It must be a guy thing, which is curious since the model first addresses women. It’s as if Old Spice boiled a season of [scrubs] down to a 30 second commercial. Love it.

5. Chris says:

I think that Scrubs evaluation is quite accurate!!

6. pjchris says:

This one is good, but my favorites are still the “Trunk Monkey” ads The best one is “Trunk Monkey goes on a date”.

7. r2k says:

Of course I think the best commercial EVER has to be the Mac 1984 commercial.

But the best commercial recently (especially in light of our recent Theology of Singlehood sermons) has to be this one from Miller Light:

8. Rob says:

Hilarious commercial Eugene!! Here are two of my recent favorites:

9. Julie says:

Um, Paul and I have been quoting the Old Spice commercial to one another for the past week or two. “Look again – the tickets are now diamonds.”

10. Eric says:

Agreed! I laughed out loud when I first saw this!

11. David says:

HA! Amazing. Look away… back at me… NOW I’M IN ALL CAPS.

12. Charles says:

Would it be as funny if it were a woman in the commercial?

13. anthony says:

for some reason the tone of voice and completely random but good situations this guy appears in remind me of the “it’s GOLD! hahaha” guy from the careerbuilder superbowl ad last year.

14. Paul Souders says:

This is golden. Old Spice is a dad smell. My dad wore it, his dad wore it, and now that I have kids … sure enough …

Not as funny but beautiful in a subtle way:

… the tinking bottles are particularly sublime

15. Wayne Hipley says:

We discussed this commercial at youth group last night and one of the young men said he was sitting with his girlfriend watching TV when it came on. When it was over she immediately turned to him and said “You have to buy that!” The power of advertising…

16. Peter says:

Wow… that is a rather smart and funny commercial!

17. mike wierusz says:

real funny stuff.

18. David Moore says:

When I saw this title on my reader, I knew this was the commercial! Put this on my FB page after it made the rounds at the Fuller DMin office. I love it! Here’s another one of my faves from awhile back:

19. Josh says:

Such a good commercial. The “I’m on a horse” ending is the ultimate icing on the cake. Love it.

20. Christine says:

“we’re doing business here”

21. reJoyce says:

I guess I need to go find my sense of humor.

The Spinach/Spanish one did make me LOL though, so I guess my soh isn’t completely dead.😉

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Let's fully welcome refugees. Remember, refugees aren't terrorists...they're the ones fleeing away from violence, war, and terrorism.
Afraid? Me too. It's ok to acknowledge we're afraid since it confirms we're all...just...human. We're all afraid on some level especially when our culture seems to run on the currency of fear but as we live out our faith in Christ and more deeply embody compassion and love, fear begins to dissipate. It's also incredibly critical to know that agencies are implementing some of the most rigorous and thorough vetting ever.
My family hosted a Somalian Muslim family from a refugee camp years ago through @WorldRelief. It was eye opening, challenging (especially with language realities), and yet, encouraging...and we hope to host families again in the future as they resettle in a completely new and foreign city and country. It's a terrifying experience. And while not a refugee, I remember the first few months as an immigrant when I was six years old. To this day, I remember the kindness of folks that helped us through that transition. Lift a prayer for me as I'm privileged to collaborate in ministry here in Melbourne, Australia. Meeting with local pastors, teaching at the Justice Conference (10/21-22). Then, preaching at the Bridge Church on Sunday  Pray that in preaching the whole Gospel from the Scriptures, I may honor God, point people to Jesus, and be sensitive to the presence and power of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Interesting. The holy bench. Wow. And in a blink of an eye, this happened. The nights might be long but the years go by fast. #ParentProverbs #WhatHappenedToMy13YearOldSon This past week, @seattlequest celebrated its 15th Anniversary. In many ways, it feels like forever and in other ways, it just seemed like we just started yesterday.

Around May 2000, Minhee and I found out we were expecting a 2nd child. Then, we got another surprise. We felt a calling and stirring to plant a church. We told God, "This is horrible timing!" We left a thriving ministry that we started in the Seattle surburbs and felt compelled to move into the city to plant a new multiethnic church called Quest. To be honest, we were so scared. Minhee was pregnant. Our insurance was about to run out. But we ventured forth. Once I resigned from this church, I had plans, goals, strategies...and none of them materialized. Only bills and payments. I quickly found out that a Masters of Divinity degree - as cool as it may sound - is actually useless in society. No one wanted to hire me. I was unemployed for months. We were eventually on food stamps and DSHS insurance.

In December 2000, we welcomed our 2nd child to the world. When "T" was born, we cried more than the baby. Couple days later, I finally landed a job as the janitor at a Barnes & Noble store. It wasn't quite what I was envisioning but God really worked through this "valley season." And we finally felt peace about starting Quest. Seven people gathered in our living room and several months later on October 2001, Quest Church was officially launched.
It has not been easy. We've been hurt and worse, we learned we hurt people. More accurately, I hurt people. We've heard our share of criticisms and sometimes, even worse. I've been called my share of names. Too many to list. I've been too liberal, too conservative, too edgy, too rigid, too blunt, too passive. We spent many nights crying out to the Lord...for direction, for peace, for answers. We usually never got the answers we were wanting...but we always felt His presence - even during our valleys. To be honest, we still have many restless nights. In fact, I think we have had more restless nights these past two years than we did in the first two years.
But through it all. God has been so faithful and gracious. Thank you, Lord. The good ol' days when I just wanted to make music. My kids have no idea how coooooooool I was. #OriginalMacPowell

• It's my birthday today. Grateful for family/friends. Above all, Jesus: Grateful for life, gift of salvation & the privilege of serving You. || 15 hours ago
  • Let's fully welcome refugees. Remember, refugees aren't terrorists...they're fleeing from violence, war, terrorism:…… || 17 hours ago
  • Lift a prayer for me as I preach in Melbourne, Australia. That I may honor God, point to Jesus, be sensitive to HS: || 1 day ago
  • Political inclinations aside, you discover much about a person in defeat. Finish well. This is leadership, too. || 1 day ago
  • Left. Right. Liberal. Conservative. Whatever your adjective, followers of Christ ought to be for the sanctity of life - from womb to tomb. || 1 day ago
  • Politics and politicians frustrate me. However, we must engage politics b/c politics create policy & policy affects people & people matter. || 1 day ago