the greatest commercial…ever

Don’t get offended but every now and then, I like to post complete nonsense.

In fact, if you don’t laugh after watching this commercial (youtube video below), you need to go find your sense of humor.  I give you my nomination for the greatest commercial…ever…featuring Old Spice’s “The Man Your Man Can Smell.”

What are your other nominations for the best commercials ever?

We’re not saying this body wash will make your man smell into a romantic millionaire jet fighter pilot, but we are insinuating it.

Share/Bookmark

Filed under: , , , ,

1. Rachel says:

I love the random ending: “I’m on a horse.”

2. Matt says:

I saw the commercial the other day on tv, and I was laughing, but then, my wife was just giving me this confused look….

maybe it’s a guy thing?

3. Richard says:

That’s brilliant. But I still haven’t found the commercial that beats this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_szUYJAYE

4. Ian says:

@Matt: It must be a guy thing, which is curious since the model first addresses women. It’s as if Old Spice boiled a season of [scrubs] down to a 30 second commercial. Love it.

5. Chris says:

I think that Scrubs evaluation is quite accurate!!

6. pjchris says:

This one is good, but my favorites are still the “Trunk Monkey” ads http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/. The best one is “Trunk Monkey goes on a date”.

7. r2k says:

Of course I think the best commercial EVER has to be the Mac 1984 commercial.

But the best commercial recently (especially in light of our recent Theology of Singlehood sermons) has to be this one from Miller Light:

8. Rob says:

Hilarious commercial Eugene!! Here are two of my recent favorites:

9. Julie says:

Um, Paul and I have been quoting the Old Spice commercial to one another for the past week or two. “Look again – the tickets are now diamonds.”

10. Eric says:

Agreed! I laughed out loud when I first saw this!

11. David says:

HA! Amazing. Look away… back at me… NOW I’M IN ALL CAPS.

12. Charles says:

Would it be as funny if it were a woman in the commercial?

13. anthony says:

for some reason the tone of voice and completely random but good situations this guy appears in remind me of the “it’s GOLD! hahaha” guy from the careerbuilder superbowl ad last year.

cheers.

14. Paul Souders says:

This is golden. Old Spice is a dad smell. My dad wore it, his dad wore it, and now that I have kids … sure enough …

Not as funny but beautiful in a subtle way:

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLl5y9RZI7c)

… the tinking bottles are particularly sublime

15. Wayne Hipley says:

We discussed this commercial at youth group last night and one of the young men said he was sitting with his girlfriend watching TV when it came on. When it was over she immediately turned to him and said “You have to buy that!” The power of advertising…

16. Peter says:

Wow… that is a rather smart and funny commercial!

17. mike wierusz says:

real funny stuff.

18. David Moore says:

When I saw this title on my reader, I knew this was the commercial! Put this on my FB page after it made the rounds at the Fuller DMin office. I love it! Here’s another one of my faves from awhile back:

19. Josh says:

Such a good commercial. The “I’m on a horse” ending is the ultimate icing on the cake. Love it.

20. Christine says:

“we’re doing business here”

21. reJoyce says:

I guess I need to go find my sense of humor.

The Spinach/Spanish one did make me LOL though, so I guess my soh isn’t completely dead.😉

Our character is often evident in our highs and lows. Be humble in the mountaintops. Be steadfast in the valleys. Be faithful in the between. Quintessential Seattle summer night... Exciting news! While I can't share the specifics yet, Jeremy Lin (@jlin7) and @onedayswages will be partnering together.
About a year ago, Jeremy reached out after he read my book, Overrated. We talked about, faith, gospel, justice, tenacity, influence, breaking ankles with our crossovers. Eventually, one thing led to another and then dreaming about collaboration for the greater Kingdom.

I appreciate his heart, his humility, and his commitment to use his platform for Christ. And of course, I'm thrilled for his new chapter as the starting point guard for the Brooklyn Nets. He's gonna have a great season. #jeremylin #linsanity #onedayswages #nba #brooklynnets // photo credit: @lovitylove I was trying to have a tender father-daughter grown up talk moment before she heads off to college next month. As in like, "Hey, you're a grown up now, floss regularly,  know who you are, what you're about, study hard, don't succumb to peer pressure, your relationship with God is the first priority, don't take too many selfies, know the difference between "their', 'there', and they're', watch out for boys and their cooties"... but...I'm having a difficult...time...focusing. This fall, I'm marking 25 years of serving as a pastor in the local church. Served in Sacramento, CA, Flushing NY, Princeton, NJ, Seoul, Korea, Lynnwood, WA, and now about 17 years in the city of Seattle. Minhee has been on this journey with me for almost 20 years.
So many ups and downs. Lots of tears and restless nights. Lots of personal doubts and insecurities. But ultimately, we've experienced that God's grace is sufficient in our weakness.
And along the way, so many incredible and indelible memories.
Especially grateful to be invited into the joyous celebrations and also the deep moments of vulnerability and pain. Through it all, what an amazing joy and privilege to bear witness to the grace and love of Christ. Palm trees make everything feel better. Thank you to the kind folks of Mount Hermon for hosting us. Thank you, Santa Cruz for being Santa Cruz.

• My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26 || 22 hours ago
  • The foundation of humility is when we see ourselves in the right relationship with God. In other words: God is God and we are not. || 3 days ago
  • RT @EugeneCho: We confess: Our mourning is often limited to the West. Lord, forgive us. Break our hearts. Awake us from our apathy. https:/… || 4 days ago
  • We confess: Our mourning is often limited to the West. Lord, forgive us. Break our hearts. Awake us from our apathy. twitter.com/kenanrahmani/s… || 4 days ago
  • Our character is often evident in our highs and lows. Be humble in the mountaintops. Be… instagram.com/p/BJjHqsKhZl1/ || 5 days ago
  • Our character is often evident in our highs and lows.Be humble in the mountaintops. Be steadfast in the valleys. Be faithful in the between. || 5 days ago

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,412 other followers