happy new year – 2010

Happy New Year everyone! 새해 복 많이 받으세요.

As we do each new year, we celebrated the first day with my parents and with traditional Korean meals, bows (sae-bae), and games.

Last year was tough but I learned so much and look forward to the adventures and lessons for the upcoming year:

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, God is doing a new thing…” Isaiah 43:18-19

Enjoy the pics and the expression of our Korean culture:

copy-of-img_4676.jpg

Filed under: , , , ,

1. georgesong says:

you know you wish you had my dduk-gook!😉
    happy new year to you + your family.
    may the Lord continue to pour His favor on you guys!
    blessings + peace,
    v + “the lucky jerk”…

2. mijin says:

your kids are so cute. they look really close; i can tell they have a lot of fun together. and the photos of food are gorgeous. yummm.

i agree, 2009 was tough but it’s all for His glory and He goes before us to bring new life. happy new year pastor eugene!

3. Chico Woo says:

I needed a laugh today and usually your posts are serious and thought provoking so was not expecting to laugh but when I saw your children do the Korean thing it was great. What got me laughing was the last line “Where is the money”

Happy New Year.

4. sam kang says:

where’s the money!! HAHAHAHAH that’s what i used to always say too!:)
    새해 복 많이 받으세요!!

5. lukedaniel says:

Aahh… I miss you guys. Happy New Year!

6. Seongtaek says:

You look amazing in Han Bok!

Say hello to our mesmerizing moon. Recently met an astronomer who had his big toy telescope that allowed us to take photos using the smartphone. Desert hiking. Made it. Barely. But worth it. Such are many of life's challenges. Sabbath. Soaking in a desert sunset. A new experience and interestingly, very spiritual. Happy Earth Day. Enjoyed this epic hike through the woods last weekend with my family. "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.” - Isaiah 55:12 Soaking in this view and taking a moment to pray for our nation. God's creation has a way of reminding me that no matter my worries, God is greater. #selah

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,405 other followers