New Flash! We’re on the brink of 2010. The older I get, the faster time seems to fly. I’m (again) sharing 7 personal goals for the upcoming year. Why seven? Just sounds more spiritual…
But I also would love to hear from you. Note to lurkers, stalkers, and quiet blog readers: No one will bite…
What are some of your goals for 2010?
Here are my 7 personal goals for the upcoming year – all in hopes of honoring Christ through my life, family, & gifts:
1. Minhee. Exact same entry from last year. Weekly date night with my wife, Minhee. I don’t care how busy I get with church, cafe, and NGO and I don’t care how busy she gets with her studies, we go on a weekly date night. Evening walks count. // This past year, we grew closer together but didn’t do too well on this goal and need to recommit to this. This is always my priority because our healthy marriages feeds and blessed everything else.
2. Kids. More time with my children. The kids are now 11, 9, and 6.5 and they’re not slowing down. I want to enjoy them, love them, raise them, nurture them, and enjoy them. Enjoy them. Enjoy them. // Did well this past year despite our family trials this past year and look forward to even a better year.
3. Books. I’m going to read 24 12 books this upcoming year. One book each month. // Tried two/month in ’09 and miserably failed. Managed to get through about one/month and it felt about right.
4. Weight and No more Ruptured Achilles. I want to lose 15 pounds. I’m at 159 165 now and I’m going to get down to 145 150. // Need to exercise not just to lose weight but honestly, to just be healthy. I’m realizing that weight isn’t a primary goal anymore. I just want to be healthy and not rupture any more tendons in my body.
5. Book Proposal. I feel humbled that publishers have expressed interest in my thoughts and words. I feel pregnant. I think I can give birth to something substantive. This was one of my goals this past year but just didn’t have bandwidth and have no regrets trying to force anything. Still not really motivated.
5. Prayer. So simple. Want to pray more. More prayer walks.
6. One Day’s Wages. Well, we did it. It’s now off the ground and now that it is, here are the goals I shared with our board and team: 10,000 sign-ups and 1 million+ in donations (and most of it distributed in projects & grants we support).
7. Hobby. Need to find some more hobbies. I dabbled in photography and would like to eventually get a DSLR someday because I continue it. But I also want to go fishing again. And start running again.