we need your help!

Friends, Supporters, & Blog Readers:

Thanks so much for journeying with my family this past year since I shared about our vision for One Day’s Wages:

“an international grassroots movement dedicated to ending extreme global poverty.”

It’s been such an intense year but we’re finally launching the organization tomorrow.  We’re excited, nervous, and everything in between..  The website will go live late tonight and we’ll be sharing with as many folks as possible in hopes that people will visit the website, read about ODW’s vision, and join our movement by simply donating one day’s wages and joining our online community.

Here are 5 ways you can help and we really need your help. Would you consider assisting us in getting the word out over the next few weeks?

1. Visit the website and donate one day’s wages. That’s only 0.4% of your annual salary.
  2. Share tomorrow’s blog entry with anyone & everyone: Blog, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
  3. Share the website – http://onedayswages.org – on your Facebook profile. The site will go live late Monday night.
  4. If you use Twitter, retweet some of the tweets you’ll receive via my account or odw’s twitter account.
  5. Email your friends and ask them to check out the organization & website. Just a simple note will be so helpful.

Doing couple of the things above will only take you couple minutes but it’ll be immensely helpful to us especially because our strategy involves:

Human Relationships + Technology/Social Media + Vision = ODW Movement

Over the next few weeks and months, can you partner with us and spend a few minutes each day or week to help spread the word?

And if you’re interested in, here’s some logos you can use as widgets or images for your blog, facebook, etc.

ODW_logo_onblack_S

ODW logo

Filed under: ,

1. david says:

Very exciting, PE. I’ve got my ODW pledge ready.

2. Jeff Lam says:

you are a stud. congratulations man, we’re looking forward to partnering with you.

3. Terri says:

I’m excited for the launch, and look forward to journeying with ODW!

4. Laura says:

I’m in! Best wishes with the launch!

5. charlestlee says:

Sweet! I’ll be blogging about it tomorrow 🙂

6. d-day tomorrow. virtual world ready. waiting. will post. will RT. will give. will blog.

7. Kyle Reed says:

I am on it, love the idea and cannot help but share this with others.

8. […] Tweets about this great post on TwittLink.com […]

9. Eugene Cho says:

thanks so much everyone. encouraging.

if this falls flat, it’ll sure make a good blog post.

Everyone loves the idea of  reconciliation...until it involves truthtelling, confessing, repenting, dismantling, forgiving, and peacemaking. Charlottesville. So heartbreaking and infuriating. We weep and mourn over the hatred in the hearts of these white nationalists. We weep and mourn but we can't be defeated.

As I stare at this photo that's making its round on the internet, I'm reminded of the utter importance of showing up. I'm grateful for the news media, law enforcement, clergy, and peaceful protesters that are currently there to report, protect, pray, and protest.

And this is an invitation to us. May we not be mere bystanders. May we keep pressing forward. Seek justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly. Commit to truth-telling, justice, reconciliation, peacemaking. Follow the ways of Christ. Every day. And it's important to note that we don't have to go to Charlottesville to do this. In fact, it's more important that we do this exactly where we're at. May we live out the call to reconciliation in our churches, workplaces, neighborhoods, schools, and around our dining tables. Lord, may it be so... We don't have to go to Charlottesville to do this. We have to do this wherever were called to be.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ~ Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. /// Thanks to those who let me know that the photo wasn't actually from today but rather from last month in Charlottesville. - https://www.facebook.com/FrankSomervilleKTVU/posts/1551137301616258:0 Grateful for a spontaneous, last minute trip with Minhee to my old stomping grounds - San Francisco. 48 hours of visiting this special city that I called home for so many years.

Pic 1: Went to the Cliff House restaurant where we got engaged about 21 years ago to make out. Oops, sorry, I meant...to reflect on God's faithfulness over these many years.

Pic 2: Walked across the Golden Gate Bridge because it's such an iconic place - with some of the most incredible views.

Pic 3: Enjoyed a glass of some Cabernet Sauvignon and pretended to be wine connoisseurs at a vineyard.

Pic 4: Had lunch at my favorite Chinese restaurant, Sam Tung, which boasts some of the best chicken in the country. And of course, we ate at In-n-out.

Pic 5: And finally, celebrated with the good folks at @thefreedomstory where @onedayswages received their annual Freedom Award. What an honor.

Grateful. Thankful for this sabbatical. Breathe.

Show yourself some grace.

We can't do everything for everyone in every situation. Do what you can and do it with a joyful heart.

Amen A family that eats sushi together stays together.

Seriously, I don't ever remember eating so much as a teenager but these kids eat and eat and eat. Perhaps, the reason why this kid is pushing 6 feet tall. Grateful for a special treat with the family at @JaponessaSeattle. I'm sharing an obligatory, "I love and appreciate my wife, she's amazing" photo. Also...because I did something naughty...or brilliant. ;) Seattle is in the midst of a crazy heatwave. Near 100 degrees, hazy, and humid. An excessive heat advisory warning has also been issued.

So, Minhee and I needed to run some errands. It waa horrible but sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do. It's also known as adulting.

So, I'm driving and the air conditioning seems to have minimal effect. Minhee is in the passenger's seat and umm, when she's not paying attention, I turn on her seat heater to 5 - the highest level. All along, she's complaining about how hot she is...for nearly an hour...until she finally realizes what I did.

Bam. Boom. Gotcha.

Minhee, I love you!

• RT @mrmedina: When Bryan Stevenson speaks, we do well to listen. https://t.co/o5GJD0KWR2 || 12 hours ago
  • "Mourn with those who mourn." Lifting up the people of Sierra Leone in prayers. Hundreds dead and many more missing… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 14 hours ago
  • Dear Barcelona: We are so sorry. We mourn the violence and tragedy in your beautiful city. We pray for healing and yearn for peace. Amen. || 1 day ago
  • Love wins in the end but meanwhile, it fights for things that matter. Love isn't sentimental. It's both gentle & fierce. Seek God's Kingdom. || 2 days ago
  • In response to racism, folks often say, "It's a sin issue." Yes...but don't be naive. Sin creates sinful systems: youtube.com/watch?v=LEbUa0… || 3 days ago
  • Everyone loves the idea of reconciliation...until it involves truthtelling, confessing, repenting, dismantling, forgiving, and peacemaking. || 5 days ago