forgiveness

Forgiveness.

So hard and yet, the most liberating thing that we can do.

Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. [Colossians 3.13 NIV]

Watch this video below.

What are your thoughts?
What kind of advice would you give someone that is having difficulty forgiving someone?

From the video:

Forgiveness does not change the past; it does enlarge the future. We cannot heal until we forgive…

Share/Bookmark

Filed under:

1. Don Bryant says:

Just lettin’ it go!!! Forgiveness is the miracle no one sees.

2. Tony says:

A quote that I heard at an InterVarsity conference is “Unforgivingness is the poison we drink to get at someone else.”

3. Kenny Ahn says:

I have a big lump in my throat watching that. Powerful.

4. […] forgiveness « eugene cho eugenecho.wordpress.com/2009/10/12/forgiveness – view page – cached As you begin a new week, be reminded of the invitation to forgive. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. — From the page […]

5. chad m says:

wow. i’m reminded of the confessions/conversations i experienced at camp with Junior High students this summer. the pain and brokenness in our world met by forgiveness and grace is an incredible thing. it’s transformational. it’s inspirational. God’s grace CHANGES the world. that is the Gospel! thanks for sharing this Eugene!

6. Lori says:

Gulp! How powerful. I found myself putting myself in the young man’s place and my mother in place of the Father. My mom is gone now, and we never resolved the issues that came between us. But I can forgive and offer it to God. Perhaps He will pass it on to my mom. Unforgiveness of my mom has eaten me up from the inside out. Tony’s quote is dead on. Unforgiveness is a poison to us, not to the one who offended us. God forgive us for our unforgiveness.

7. Leah says:

Wow…pretty amazing.

8. Nicole says:

I am so glad you posted this, Eugene. For about a year, I have been struggling to forgive a certain person who deeply hurt someone I cared about. I watched the person feel no remorse and take no actions to make it right. In fact, the person wrote online about how they had received God’s forgiveness – simply because they asked God for it – not because they had truly confessed and repented. This person is still living in their deep sin and has no regrets.

What does it mean for me to forgive this person? What does forgiveness look like? It is so hard to forgive someone who shows no remorse or regret.

9. True Justice says:

[…] is one of the more powerful short stories I’ve seen in a long time.(ht)  I dare you to watch it. It’s on […]