forgiveness

Forgiveness.

So hard and yet, the most liberating thing that we can do.

Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. [Colossians 3.13 NIV]

Watch this video below.

What are your thoughts?
What kind of advice would you give someone that is having difficulty forgiving someone?

From the video:

Forgiveness does not change the past; it does enlarge the future. We cannot heal until we forgive…

Share/Bookmark

Filed under:

1. Don Bryant says:

Just lettin’ it go!!! Forgiveness is the miracle no one sees.

2. Tony says:

A quote that I heard at an InterVarsity conference is “Unforgivingness is the poison we drink to get at someone else.”

3. Kenny Ahn says:

I have a big lump in my throat watching that. Powerful.

4. […] forgiveness « eugene cho eugenecho.wordpress.com/2009/10/12/forgiveness – view page – cached As you begin a new week, be reminded of the invitation to forgive. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. — From the page […]

5. chad m says:

wow. i’m reminded of the confessions/conversations i experienced at camp with Junior High students this summer. the pain and brokenness in our world met by forgiveness and grace is an incredible thing. it’s transformational. it’s inspirational. God’s grace CHANGES the world. that is the Gospel! thanks for sharing this Eugene!

6. Lori says:

Gulp! How powerful. I found myself putting myself in the young man’s place and my mother in place of the Father. My mom is gone now, and we never resolved the issues that came between us. But I can forgive and offer it to God. Perhaps He will pass it on to my mom. Unforgiveness of my mom has eaten me up from the inside out. Tony’s quote is dead on. Unforgiveness is a poison to us, not to the one who offended us. God forgive us for our unforgiveness.

7. Leah says:

Wow…pretty amazing.

8. Nicole says:

I am so glad you posted this, Eugene. For about a year, I have been struggling to forgive a certain person who deeply hurt someone I cared about. I watched the person feel no remorse and take no actions to make it right. In fact, the person wrote online about how they had received God’s forgiveness – simply because they asked God for it – not because they had truly confessed and repented. This person is still living in their deep sin and has no regrets.

What does it mean for me to forgive this person? What does forgiveness look like? It is so hard to forgive someone who shows no remorse or regret.

9. True Justice says:

[…] is one of the more powerful short stories I’ve seen in a long time.(ht)  I dare you to watch it. It’s on […]

There's no such thing as a self-made person. Someone believed, encouraged, and invested in you. Be grateful and be that someone for others.

Taking a break from the sabbatical...to partner in ministry in Denver at Cherry Hills Church and at the CRU staff conference. It was such a gift to be able to encourage a handful of folks one-to-one, a small group of Asian-American leaders from EPIC, and the larger group of 5000 staff during one of the sessions.

I've been personally blessed, challenged, encouraged, exhorted, and convicted by so many who have poured into my life - friends, acquaintances, and even strangers - and I hope to do that for others as I seek to be faithful to Christ.

Thank you, Lord.
#cru17 Nothing grows by itself. If something matters to us, may we be intentional about growing it.

Invest. Pray. Plant. Water. Nurture. Repeat. God sees and knows us. In fact, God knows everything about us.

Not just the good we try so hard to project but even the mess we often seek to hide.

Let this soak in: Not only are we fully known but in Christ, we are fully pursued and loved.

This is grace.
Amazing grace. Hairstyles change. Sideburn fads come and go but may our commitment to love, honor, respect, and be on mission together for Christ never waver.

Thank you, Minhee. I love you so much even if you made fun of my hairstyle and sideburns. I missed you, Seattle. Grateful for a time to pray, rest, retreat, read, reflect, and sabbath. I've spent the last 12 days in the woods alone. Competely alone. It's been both haunting and refreshing. Haunting because of loneliness. Refreshing because through the silence, I am reminded - again - that I'm not alone. Emmanuel.

Also, bought myself a cheap kayak and loving the solitude time in nature. Also, the kayak is paying instant dividends in my bass fishing game. #sabbathrest #bassfishing #catchandrelease