one show…who do you go see?

IMG_7821

My family and I really don’t have the luxury to go to big concerts… In fact, this is only the 2nd “big” show I’ve ever been to [The first being my sophomore year in high school].

Anyone care to guess who I went to see for my First Concert?

Anyway, U2 was amazing. An incredible show. Started a little slow for me but progressed into an incredible show and I particularly enjoyed them playing Amazing Grace and “Walk On” – one of my favorite U2 songs that pays tribute to Aung San Suu Kyi. Here’s the video I captured:

Watching them live reminded me again of the great, intense, contentious, and rabid debate we had on this blog about “Who is the greatest band/musical artist of all time?” That debate can rage on but how about this simple question:

You get to see one LIVE show.  Who do you want to see? [And let’s qualify that the artist/band needs to be currently around]

Me?  I have some regrets going to the U2 show because now, I want to go again and get prime seats to actually hear the band.  But since I’ve seen them now, my answer would be:

The Fugees

Filed under: , , , , ,

1. Mike says:

No question – U2. (Generally it is the one show I see!)

2. That would be the aforementioned U2. Jealous.

3. Erick says:

LA Symphony. Favorite hip/hop group ever and they do most of their shows on the West coast…tough on a Minnesotan.

4. pjchris says:

Nuttin’ But Stringz. They are amazing!!! Would LOVE to see them live.

5. larryboatright says:

From your vantage point we actually weren’t sitting that far from each other… I was down and to the left a bit.

For me- coldplay. Maybe it’s cliche but I liked Coldplay before they were huge- still do. Seems like genuinely good guys too!

Blessings!

6. Lesley says:

I’ve seen U2 in concert twice now…and for the 360 tour we purchased the very best tickets we could (kind of) afford. I know from past experience, this band puts on an amazing show. I can’t wait for the Rose Bowl in October!

Thanks for the post. Made me excited.🙂

7. Luke says:

The Arcade Fire beats The Dave Matthews Band by a nose.

8. Joe Louthan says:

That was our office conversation.

The last big act I have yet to see and want to see would have to be Metallica.

9. Terri says:

Take 6 and U2…very different but would be equally cool.

10. bryna81 says:

I’m going to see U2 tomorrow night in Toronto, and I saw Coldplay in July. Those two bands were the pinnacle for me!! Now I’m not sure. I think seeing Bob Dylan might be the next goal.

11. Tony Lin says:

“This is It!” for me… but “It” is too late…

12. The Chiz says:

A reunited Pink Floyd, playing with a full stage show- flying pig and all. Of course, even though I’ve seen Radiohead 5 times now, I would love to see them somewhere brilliant- like Salamanca, Spain or in Israel. I’d love to see Elbow again, as well as Doves. I guess I should see a Beatle, too, before they all “retire.” I think I’d also like to see Dave Brubeck. And, I’d give Bjork a chance to redeem herself to me.

13. PK says:

I’ve seen many since 1968… too many to mention but for now it would be “Andrew Bird” ;^}

14. Samuel Ernest says:

I was at the same concert you went to, the Sunday U2 concert. Seeing them was my number one pick. Now that that dream has been fulfilled I’d say Springsteen. But my dad is taking me to see him in November. So not including him, maybe Leonard Cohen.

15. Peter Choi says:

Going to catch the show here in ATL!

16. Br says:

Tom Waits! the coolest living human

17. hilarybarnett says:

Amen Tony Lin! MJ all the way. But alas it will never be. Very very sad. But on a good note, I did see U2 in Chicago and it was AMAZING!

18. Jen says:

sigur ros is up there and sufjan stevens are up there.

19. Jen says:

woops. sorry for the grammatical make-up of that sentence. it’s been a long day…

20. […] one show…who do you go see? « eugene cho eugenecho.wordpress.com/2009/09/15/the-greatest-live-concert – view page – cached I flew out to Chicago to meet some old friends, make some new friends, share a short chat on Human Life & Dignity and enjoyed the perks of some generous friends who took a couple of us to the U2 360 World Tour. Coincidentally, their tour launched in Chicago (the night before). — From the page […]

21. Leah says:

I have to jump on the U2 bandwagon–we saw Vertigo in Cleveland and are headed to Charlottesville in a couple weeks to see 360. If there’s any way I can reasonable afford it I will never miss another tour!

22. Greg says:

I’d have to say Dave Brubeck. One of the great jazz legends, still performing in Chicago at 89 years of age! Always have dreamed of hearing him in concert, but getting to Chicago from California is a little tough for a college grad with no job =/.