the greatest drummer in the world

Need inspiration?

Because if you do, this might be one of the greatest things that you’ll ever witness. Such great skill, passion, and joy…

This is the beauty of art.

Whenever I get in a funk, this is one of those videos I turn to in order to be inspired. I give you the “Greatest Drummer in the World.” Make sure you watch the whole thing!

Quest is blessed with some gifted drummers. But no offense to any of these or other drummers who read this blog, check out the Korean drumming dude in the video.

He is the greatest drummer in the world.

For those who want to cover this song for your aspiring bands or your American Idol tryout…It’s called “You’re Too Much [or Unkind]” first sung by Kim Suhee in 1976 and written by Yang Cheon-gang.

Your last word was that you love me
You won’t come back
But tell me the truth
When you leave, leave without a word
Don’t make me cry

Too much [or ‘unkind’]
Too much [or ‘unkind’]
You’re too much [or ‘unkind’]

I quietly close my eyes
And picture you
I can’t forget all our memories
You, who’s gone, are cold-hearted
But I don’t regret it

Too much [or ‘unkind’]
Too much [or ‘unkind’]
You’re too much [or ‘unkind’]

now here are those lyrics in Korean

너무합니다 – 김수희

너무 합니다
당신은 너무 합니다

Filed under: entertainment, , ,

1. Patrick says:

Too funny. LOL.

2. Randall says:

ouch…I got a hernia just watching the guy!

3. Melanie says:

ooh he looks like he looooves his job! LOL

4. Su says:

That was AWESOME….I just wish the singer would have moved over. Do you think we could request that George only perform on the drums if he can promise to play like this?

5. young c-m says:

LOL. Thanks for providing a good laugh for today, Eugene!!! Great video. =)

6. Dan Hauge says:

many have rhythm, but only few have . . . . STYLE. Funny. He’s also really really good, actually.

7. Blake says:

I’m with Dan and Radall… dude’s got chops. Staying in control and moving around like that isn’t easy.

8. Brian says:

Loved that video! Here’s another drumming video that will put a smile on your face (Buddy Rich and Animal do a drum solo on The Muppet Show) http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/buddyrichmuppet.html

9. matt says:

I don’t know… I still kinda like this drumer:

10. Ricky says:

Haha. Wow. The last part was hilarious. Korean drummer headbangin’ like a rockstar. Greatness.

11. me says:

i don’t know if i can get george to play drums like this but i do know a drummer that plays for a band called harrison band in seattle.

12. Linda says:

All that, AND has great hair

13. Randall says:

aw, shucks…thanks PE & Linda

(and he has a blog…http://www.lonetomato.com)

14. Rebecca says:

I love the facial expressions he is making throughout the entire song. Good thing the singer never looked behind her-she would not have been able to keep singing her deep, emotional song-she would have been laughing too hard!

15. That was RUH–diculous. The facial expressions, oh my, the facial expressions. This guy gives whole new meaning to the phrase “move to the music.”

16. shirley says:

He was actually a very entertaining drummer lol.

17. jason says:

cool video…i think he should do a solo…very entertaining

18. jHong says:

all i know is, that chick TOTALLY stole the outfit i was gonna wear on sunday.

19. mellocello says:

oh man… is that what you’re going for when you tell me that i need to head bang more while i’m playing cello?

20. Terri says:

I wonder if he was like this in rehearsals! If so, that could be the reason why the singer didn’t turn around even once! I remember not being able to look at my drummer in one of my previous bands (all b/c of his facial expressions). 🙂

21. georgesong says:

many don’t know but that was me on drums and jin on the electric guitar. 😉

22. Jennifer says:

My son says that when he grows up, he wants to be like Mike, who drums for Quest, so that he can lead people in worship 🙂 🙂

23. penny says:

wow. This is…honestly…um…like nothing I have ever seen before.

24. Jimmy says:

hahaha that’s how the elder at my church plays drums. It looks just like him too.

But I’m partial to this guy. He’s intense.

Window seat. For the win. As leaders, we must not see ministry and family as competing commitments.  We must not sacrifice our marriage and kids for the sake of "ministry." How can we? Loving our families IS ministry & good leadership.

And on a side note, we took this goofy photo for Mother's Day last Sunday at @seattlequest. I was shocked! What in the world happened to our kids? Our 13 year old son blocked four of my shots on the basketball court yesterday. He's since been grounded... I fear that we ask God to move mountains, forgetting that God also wants to move us.

In fact, it's possible that we are that mountain. Time flies. The eldest is wrapping up her 1st year in college and the college tours have begun for the 2nd child. The youngest enters high school in the Fall. Can't say enough about how proud Minhee and I are of the kids - not just of their accomplishments but the people they are and are becoming.

But...man...we can't wait to party it up when we're emptynesters. Party at our house. It's going to be epic. Humbled. Grateful. Mindful of God's grace and faithfulness in my life. It's all grace... It's an unexpected honor to be invited back - even with some mini-drama - to @princetonseminary to receive the 2017 Distinguished Alumni Award - exactly 25 years after starting my journey there as a student in 1992. Wow.

Princeton isn't necessarily for everyone. And to say that I loved everything about my experience would be misleading but it was very formative. Ir challenged me to examine why I believed in what I believed. It reminded me that God could handle my questions. It prepared me for a post-Christian context where I am not entitled to be heard but I had to earn the right to be heard, and of course, it taught me that all is good with a Philly cheese steak at Hoagie Haven.

No one is an island to themselves and I am certainly an example of that. Many people - women and men, young and old, and of many backgrounds - prayed, encouraged, mentored, and loved me along the way. Grateful for my professors at seminary, my many classmates, and the numerous fellow staff and co-laborers I've had the privilege of serving Christ with past and present. And of course, I'm forever inspired by my parents, my children, and my wife, Minhee. Thank you for your faith, hope, and love...and oh, for your patience. Only your family will know and see both the best and worst of you. They've seen my worst...and keep on believing in me.

Thank you again, PTS and President Barnes, for this honor. Then, today, and tomorrow...by God's grace, just striving to be faithful to my Lord and Savior...to preach and live out the convictions of the whole Gospel. Amen. So humbled and grateful to be with @catalystleader in Cincinnati to encourage leaders from all around the country about the invitation to Uncommon Fellowship.

Preached from John 4. We can talk, preach, sing, philsophize, liturgize, and spit rhymes about Samaria...but we still have to talk through Samaria.