the greatest drummer in the world

Need inspiration?

Because if you do, this might be one of the greatest things that you’ll ever witness. Such great skill, passion, and joy…

This is the beauty of art.

Whenever I get in a funk, this is one of those videos I turn to in order to be inspired. I give you the “Greatest Drummer in the World.” Make sure you watch the whole thing!

Quest is blessed with some gifted drummers. But no offense to any of these or other drummers who read this blog, check out the Korean drumming dude in the video.

He is the greatest drummer in the world.

For those who want to cover this song for your aspiring bands or your American Idol tryout…It’s called “You’re Too Much [or Unkind]” first sung by Kim Suhee in 1976 and written by Yang Cheon-gang.

Your last word was that you love me
You won’t come back
But tell me the truth
When you leave, leave without a word
Don’t make me cry

Too much [or ‘unkind’]
Too much [or ‘unkind’]
You’re too much [or ‘unkind’]

I quietly close my eyes
And picture you
I can’t forget all our memories
You, who’s gone, are cold-hearted
But I don’t regret it

Too much [or ‘unkind’]
Too much [or ‘unkind’]
You’re too much [or ‘unkind’]

now here are those lyrics in Korean

너무합니다 – 김수희

너무 합니다
당신은 너무 합니다

Filed under: entertainment, , ,

1. Patrick says:

Too funny. LOL.

2. Randall says:

ouch…I got a hernia just watching the guy!

3. Melanie says:

ooh he looks like he looooves his job! LOL

4. Su says:

That was AWESOME….I just wish the singer would have moved over. Do you think we could request that George only perform on the drums if he can promise to play like this?

5. young c-m says:

LOL. Thanks for providing a good laugh for today, Eugene!!! Great video. =)

6. Dan Hauge says:

many have rhythm, but only few have . . . . STYLE. Funny. He’s also really really good, actually.

7. Blake says:

I’m with Dan and Radall… dude’s got chops. Staying in control and moving around like that isn’t easy.

8. Brian says:

Loved that video! Here’s another drumming video that will put a smile on your face (Buddy Rich and Animal do a drum solo on The Muppet Show) http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/buddyrichmuppet.html

9. matt says:

I don’t know… I still kinda like this drumer:

10. Ricky says:

Haha. Wow. The last part was hilarious. Korean drummer headbangin’ like a rockstar. Greatness.

11. me says:

i don’t know if i can get george to play drums like this but i do know a drummer that plays for a band called harrison band in seattle.

12. Linda says:

All that, AND has great hair

13. Randall says:

aw, shucks…thanks PE & Linda

(and he has a blog…http://www.lonetomato.com)

14. Rebecca says:

I love the facial expressions he is making throughout the entire song. Good thing the singer never looked behind her-she would not have been able to keep singing her deep, emotional song-she would have been laughing too hard!

15. That was RUH–diculous. The facial expressions, oh my, the facial expressions. This guy gives whole new meaning to the phrase “move to the music.”

16. shirley says:

He was actually a very entertaining drummer lol.

17. jason says:

cool video…i think he should do a solo…very entertaining

18. jHong says:

all i know is, that chick TOTALLY stole the outfit i was gonna wear on sunday.

19. mellocello says:

oh man… is that what you’re going for when you tell me that i need to head bang more while i’m playing cello?

20. Terri says:

I wonder if he was like this in rehearsals! If so, that could be the reason why the singer didn’t turn around even once! I remember not being able to look at my drummer in one of my previous bands (all b/c of his facial expressions). 🙂

21. georgesong says:

many don’t know but that was me on drums and jin on the electric guitar. 😉

22. Jennifer says:

My son says that when he grows up, he wants to be like Mike, who drums for Quest, so that he can lead people in worship🙂🙂

23. penny says:

wow. This is…honestly…um…like nothing I have ever seen before.

24. Jimmy says:

hahaha that’s how the elder at my church plays drums. It looks just like him too.

But I’m partial to this guy. He’s intense.

Today, Minhee and I dropped off our eldest child at her college. We have been thinking and praying about this day for many years. On some days, we hoped it would never come. On other days, we couldn't wait for it to come. On some days, we prayed for time to stop and other days, we prayed with anticipation.

A flood of thoughts rushed my mind.

Is she ready?
Have we done enough?
Have we taught her enough?
What if this? What if that?

And I came home.
And I wept.
Forget my street cred.
I miss her. I love her.
She will always be my little baby.

Happy life. - Eugenius 3:16

I still remember that time, many years ago, when Minhee was pregnant with our first child. She had left her family and friends in Korea just two years before. Her morning sickness was horrible and when she finally had an appetite, she craved her favorite Korean food from certain restaurants in her neighborhood in Seoul, Korea. I had no way of getting that food from those restaurants so I actually said, "How about a Whopper? Big Mac?" Sorry honey. Eat away. You deserve it. I don't care if it sounds mushy but sunsets are one of my love languages. Seoul, Korea was amazing but WOW...what a breathtaking welcome back sunset by Seattle. Not ready to let go of summer. Seattle. 7:00pm. Desperately holding on to summer. #goldengardenpark #nofilter Happy Birthday, Minhee! I'm so grateful for you. You radiate faith, hope, and love.  No...you don't complete me. That would be silly and simply humanly impossible but you keep pointing me and our family to Christ who informs and transforms our lives, marriage, family, and ministry. Thanks for being so faithful. I love you so much. (* And what a gift to be in Korea together.)