vanity of vanities: my new hairstyle

What do you think?

Minhee and the kids want desperately for me to cut my hair. They can’t wait till One Day’s Wages is officially launched as I’m [trying] waiting till then as part of my quasi-Nazarite vow. But I’m thinking of growing out my fair forever.

Heck, I’m trying to be like Jesus…

Filed under:

1. your friend says:

You make me laugh!
    I will call you roughy from now on.

2. Sandy says:

Then you can start another Inc. One years haircuts for poverty. Develope a braclet or stick on tattoo that lets people know that your shaggy for poverty’s sake. I love it.

3. You’re my hero, PE! 😉

4. Rachael says:

Grow it out long enough to donate to http://www.locksoflove.org/. Then, do it again! 🙂

5. Jin says:

I believe Jesus had a mullet. U should cut the sides and front just a little.

6. Mark says:

If I could I would. But the Army requires me to keep my hair short so I envy ur freedom. Although long hair is just not becoming of me. Go for it!

7. Kwak says:

i hope ron doesn’t see this… he might become one of your first followers!

8. Nourisha says:

i personally think Jesus rocked a curly fro. hahaha. either way, good luck with that new do. my vote is with the fam for what it’s worth!

9. bob hyat says:

Jealous.
    A lot.

10. Darlene says:

You are one of the only pastors I am familiar with who is bold enough to do what you do with your hair

11. iy says:

showing off the natural curls for all the korean girls to envy? haha.

12. […] vanity of vanities: my new hairstyle What do you think? Minhee and the kids want desperately for me to cut my hair. They can’t wait till One […] […]

13. Eugene Cho says:

@iy: i still korean ahjimah’s that ask me if i got a perm.

14. jeff says:

having samson-like hair did nothing for the strength of your achilles… you should cut it so as to reduce some of the weight on your healing injury…

15. Barry says:

Shave your head bald and grow out the beard. Its epic, I promise.

16. hair schmair. Keep it long. You live outside the Bible belt.

17. Ben says:

Do what you want with it and just be thankful you have a nice full head of hair in the first place even in your advanced age. 😉

I see so many receding hairlines on young dudes it’s crazy. I don’t take it for granted.

18. Bryan says:

Hey! Isn’t that Mickey Rourke in his wrestler film??? ; )

Nothing grows by itself. If something matters to us, may we be intentional about growing it.

Invest. Pray. Plant. Water. Nurture. Repeat. God sees and knows us. In fact, God knows everything about us.

Not just the good we try so hard to project but even the mess we often seek to hide.

Let this soak in: Not only are we fully known but in Christ, we are fully pursued and loved.

This is grace.
Amazing grace. Hairstyles change. Sideburn fads come and go but may our commitment to love, honor, respect, and be on mission together for Christ never waver.

Thank you, Minhee. I love you so much even if you made fun of my hairstyle and sideburns. I missed you, Seattle. Grateful for a time to pray, rest, retreat, read, reflect, and sabbath. I've spent the last 12 days in the woods alone. Competely alone. It's been both haunting and refreshing. Haunting because of loneliness. Refreshing because through the silence, I am reminded - again - that I'm not alone. Emmanuel.

Also, bought myself a cheap kayak and loving the solitude time in nature. Also, the kayak is paying instant dividends in my bass fishing game. #sabbathrest #bassfishing #catchandrelease There's nothing selfish about rest and self-care. We can't give what we don't have. Experience life and we'll be life-giving to others. Amen.

#NoteToSelf