Isn’t this an incredible picture?
I’ve always been a big fan of Lance Armstrong. And became a bigger fan – like many others – after his triumph of testicular cancer. He was diagnosed in 1996 and later went on to win the Tour de France for seven consecutive years.
As most cycling, sports, or Lance fans may know, he’s back in racing again and currently racing in the Tour de France.
While I’m a fan, I also have those questions about doping and drug usage. I don’t really get it since it’s apparent that every cyclist uses something. But I digress. I’m just a big fan of sports but have never been able to see my Top 5 Sports Events before I die. Here’s my Top 5:
1. Attend an Olympics. Summer or Winter but preferably Summer. Can’t pay for Opening or Closing but would love to go see a few competitions not named Curling.
2. World Cup Soccer. South Africa 2o1o would be nice. Korea versus Brazil. Or how about a USA vs Brazil rematch. Snap.
3. Tour de France. I’m not a cyclist and haven’t sat on a bike in couple years but I must see one.
4. Super Bowl. So much hype but it would definitely be an experience – not just to see the event but so I can also miss church and not feel guilty. Seattle Seahawks vs. Pittsburg Steelers rematch would be nice since they stole that one from us couple years ago.
5. Game 7 of a World Series or NBA Championships.
Anyone done anything on my list?
What’s on your list?
I don’t get it but many of my friends from the South say that once you go to a Nascar event, it’ll change your life. I’d like to find out.
And while I was following it via the web, Federer vs. Roddick compels me to bump the Wimbledon into the Top 5.