seattle low tide adventures & most beautiful summer city

lowtide3

Earlier this year, I asked my readers for their opinion about the “most beautiful city in the world.” There were many compelling nominations.  Having lived in San Francisco and having visited other beautiful places including Capetown & Johannesburg (South Africa), Vancouver BC, NYC, San Diego, Monterey/Carmel, London, Hamburg (Germany), Beijing/Shanghai, Bangkok/Chang Mai, Kagoshima (Japan), etc…

I don’t know if there’s a more beautiful place than Seattle…during the summer.

The weather is amazing as many will note but it’s in the summer when you really appreciate the amazing topography of the area.  Within 30 minutes, I can be by lakes, oceans, mountains, trails, rivers, and camping by many of these natural beauties.  I love the beauty of the area as it compellingly reminds me of God’s magnificent handiwork. So beautiful and creative.

Yesterday, Minhee and I took our kids to a local beach in Seattle called Golden Gardens to enjoy the Low Tide adventures.  Here are some pics from this year and a few from last year.  If you’re in the area, you can still enjoy the low tide adventures throughout this week.

* No animals were hurt in this photoshoot. 🙂

Click on the images to see the larger picture. And a brief 12 second video:

lowtide2

lowtide1

lowtide4

Filed under: , , , , , , ,

1. Dawn says:

Wow, great pictures. What camera do you use?

2. czarthoughts says:

Great pics, but I still think Newport, RI is the most beautiful place in the summer.

3. Michael W says:

(copy pasted from facebook comment)

I just moved from Seattle to Minneapolis in November.
    Everyone here told me (while I was enduring gods wrath, better known as winter) to just wait for the BEAUTIFUL summer.

It is humid and sticky and they call the place where the lake meets land a beach. a BEACH!

Seattle, and Portland, have far more beautiful summers.

4. Tyler says:

I think the PNW is the best place to be in the summer in the world. You can’t beat it. Warm, nice breezes, lots of daylight, but not humid.

5. Eugene Cho says:

@dawn: i use a point & shoot called the Canon G9. best pt & shoot out there but hope to get a dslr someday in the future.

6. Nourisha says:

nice! i hope to make it down there. my bro will be here next week and i would hate for him to miss this awesomeness!

You can do it, sun. Break through the clouds. I love her. Saturday morning date at Pike Market with @minheejcho. Enjoying the final day of sun before 6 months of rain and gray. Not lol'ing. Some of my moat memorable travels have been to Myanmar (otherwise known as Burma). In fact, the vision of @onedayswages began on my first visit to this country in 2006. On a recent visit, I began learning about the Rohingya people. Sadly, it has escalated to horrendous, genocidal proportions.

Thus far, about 500,000 people have been driven out from Myanmar through violence...with most going to Bangledesh...regulated to a massive refugee camp. Stateless. Undocumented. Minority groups. Dehumanized. Homes and villages destroyed. And so much more unspeakable atrocities.

Yes, it's complex and messy. It always is. But the root of this injustice as the case for so much brokeness in the world is the sin of dehumanizing one anotber as..."the other." May we see each person, including the Rohingya people, as one who is created in the image of God. It's the truth and the remedy to the incessant dehumanization that goes on in our world.

Lord, in your mercy. The obedience of discipleship which includes the work of justice is a marathon. It's long, arduous, and emotional. Be tenacious. But also take care of yourself. Create healthy rhythms. Don't burn out. We need you for the marathon. Friends, don't give up. Press on. In the midst of so much chaos in the world, may we continue to cling to the hope of the whole Gospel. May we cling unto Jesus:

Way maker!
Miracle worker!
Promise keeper!
Light in the darkness!
That is who You are!

What an encounter with the Holy Spirit at @seattlequest today. Grateful for our worship team, the gospel choir, and the Audio/Visual team. Thank you Matt, Teresita, and Chris. Please thank all the volunteers for us. .
The world is broken.
But God is not yet done.
God's work of restoration