seattle low tide adventures & most beautiful summer city

lowtide3

Earlier this year, I asked my readers for their opinion about the “most beautiful city in the world.” There were many compelling nominations.  Having lived in San Francisco and having visited other beautiful places including Capetown & Johannesburg (South Africa), Vancouver BC, NYC, San Diego, Monterey/Carmel, London, Hamburg (Germany), Beijing/Shanghai, Bangkok/Chang Mai, Kagoshima (Japan), etc…

I don’t know if there’s a more beautiful place than Seattle…during the summer.

The weather is amazing as many will note but it’s in the summer when you really appreciate the amazing topography of the area.  Within 30 minutes, I can be by lakes, oceans, mountains, trails, rivers, and camping by many of these natural beauties.  I love the beauty of the area as it compellingly reminds me of God’s magnificent handiwork. So beautiful and creative.

Yesterday, Minhee and I took our kids to a local beach in Seattle called Golden Gardens to enjoy the Low Tide adventures.  Here are some pics from this year and a few from last year.  If you’re in the area, you can still enjoy the low tide adventures throughout this week.

* No animals were hurt in this photoshoot. 🙂

Click on the images to see the larger picture. And a brief 12 second video:

lowtide2

lowtide1

lowtide4

Filed under: , , , , , , ,

1. Dawn says:

Wow, great pictures. What camera do you use?

2. czarthoughts says:

Great pics, but I still think Newport, RI is the most beautiful place in the summer.

3. Michael W says:

(copy pasted from facebook comment)

I just moved from Seattle to Minneapolis in November.
    Everyone here told me (while I was enduring gods wrath, better known as winter) to just wait for the BEAUTIFUL summer.

It is humid and sticky and they call the place where the lake meets land a beach. a BEACH!

Seattle, and Portland, have far more beautiful summers.

4. Tyler says:

I think the PNW is the best place to be in the summer in the world. You can’t beat it. Warm, nice breezes, lots of daylight, but not humid.

5. Eugene Cho says:

@dawn: i use a point & shoot called the Canon G9. best pt & shoot out there but hope to get a dslr someday in the future.

6. Nourisha says:

nice! i hope to make it down there. my bro will be here next week and i would hate for him to miss this awesomeness!

My Padawan. My son. My youngest. Encouraging him to not just hit the hoop courts but also the books. Minhee and I met these college boys when we first arrived in Seattle in 1997. They were part of our bible study that we led in our apartment for college students. They were also among the group of 7 people that helped start @seattlequest.

Much has changed in the world...but not their friendship and love. Thank you Jin and George. We love and honor you. These are crazy times in our country and larger world but nevertheless, we're going to keep pursuing the things that God has placed upon our hearts. We're pressing forward...doing our part to reflect mercy, compassion, and justice - locally and globally.

Wednesdays are my @onedayswages office day and I especially love the culmination of hard work for our interns, volunteers, 2 full-time staff, and board as we collaborate with our NGO partners. This week, we signed these checks as we granted out over $75,000 to provide better health care for mothers and their families in Mali and Nepal.

THANK YOU for making this possible Your classic play it cool because you're visiting your old stomping grounds at Princeton and pretend you're not cold but in actuality, you're freezing picture. 20 years, 2 weeks, and counting. What a journey with this woman. I love her...and I want to keep growing in love, honor, and respect. Great to catch up with @jlin7 in Brooklyn at the Nets game. Grateful for his partnership with @onedayswages to support our Girls' Empowerment Fund. The season hasn't been what he hoped for with major injuries...but we can't wait to see you back on the court soon and do what you do. Stay encouraged, brother. Thanks for your faithful witness for Christ.