seattle low tide adventures & most beautiful summer city

lowtide3

Earlier this year, I asked my readers for their opinion about the “most beautiful city in the world.” There were many compelling nominations.  Having lived in San Francisco and having visited other beautiful places including Capetown & Johannesburg (South Africa), Vancouver BC, NYC, San Diego, Monterey/Carmel, London, Hamburg (Germany), Beijing/Shanghai, Bangkok/Chang Mai, Kagoshima (Japan), etc…

I don’t know if there’s a more beautiful place than Seattle…during the summer.

The weather is amazing as many will note but it’s in the summer when you really appreciate the amazing topography of the area.  Within 30 minutes, I can be by lakes, oceans, mountains, trails, rivers, and camping by many of these natural beauties.  I love the beauty of the area as it compellingly reminds me of God’s magnificent handiwork. So beautiful and creative.

Yesterday, Minhee and I took our kids to a local beach in Seattle called Golden Gardens to enjoy the Low Tide adventures.  Here are some pics from this year and a few from last year.  If you’re in the area, you can still enjoy the low tide adventures throughout this week.

* No animals were hurt in this photoshoot.🙂

Click on the images to see the larger picture. And a brief 12 second video:

lowtide2

lowtide1

lowtide4

Filed under: , , , , , , ,

1. Dawn says:

Wow, great pictures. What camera do you use?

2. czarthoughts says:

Great pics, but I still think Newport, RI is the most beautiful place in the summer.

3. Michael W says:

(copy pasted from facebook comment)

I just moved from Seattle to Minneapolis in November.
    Everyone here told me (while I was enduring gods wrath, better known as winter) to just wait for the BEAUTIFUL summer.

It is humid and sticky and they call the place where the lake meets land a beach. a BEACH!

Seattle, and Portland, have far more beautiful summers.

4. Tyler says:

I think the PNW is the best place to be in the summer in the world. You can’t beat it. Warm, nice breezes, lots of daylight, but not humid.

5. Eugene Cho says:

@dawn: i use a point & shoot called the Canon G9. best pt & shoot out there but hope to get a dslr someday in the future.

6. Nourisha says:

nice! i hope to make it down there. my bro will be here next week and i would hate for him to miss this awesomeness!

Father - daughters bonding (and freezing) time at the Seahawks game. Grateful to the Panthers organization for the tickets. Now, go Hawks. Pound the Panthers. The family that karaokes together stays together. #ChoFamilyKPopFamily Family time in one of my favorite cities in the world - especially when the exchange rate is so favorable. Thank you, Vancouver, for being such a great refuge for our souls for the past 20 years. #QuestVancouver It's the day after...that day.
Be grateful. Again.
We woke up. We're alive.
Breathing. Dreaming.
Pursuing. Embodying. Loving.

Yes. Be grateful.
That you, Jesus.

Pastor Coby, Pastor Katey, Pam, Jalle, and Jasmin: We see you. We appreciate you. We are grateful for your presence and leadership at Quest and beyond. Thank you and all of our amazing volunteers

• This is huge. Your prayers & support made this possible: @OneDaysWages recently celebrated our 100th partnership! - youtube.com/watch?v=O7THlm… || 4 hours ago
  • Breathe. Show yourself some grace. We can't do everything for everyone in every situation. Do what you can and do it with a cheerful heart. || 7 hours ago
  • RT @LizVerHage: Advent always reminds me of Mary's YES, the powerful voice of a faithful girl who chose trust, hope & life over fear. Where… || 15 hours ago
  • RT @EugeneCho: We wait for Christ to return to restore all things but while we wait, we join and partner with God to work towards that rest… || 1 day ago
  • Father/daughters bonding time at the Seahawks game. Grateful to the Panthers organization for the tix. Now, go Hawk… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 3 days ago
  • "Genuine hope is not blind optimism. It is hope with open eyes, which sees the suffering and yet believes in the future." ~ Jürgen Moltmann || 3 days ago