i made a mistake. i should have switched to a mac.

macbook-pro-june09Several months ago, I pondered making a change from a PC to a Macbook (and asked for your advice) but resisted the peer pressure from the Apple cult and nearly everyone on my staff using a Mac but after seeing this video, I confess I may have made a mistake.  If there are any PC or Microsoft folks out there, can your computers/operating systems do this?

It’s in French and I don’t understand a lick of French asides from Bonjour but the video still kicks butt. Wait to see the full impact and you’ll know what I mean.

Can you say, “Bing?”🙂

Filed under: , , , , , , ,

1. that’s pretty impressive. meanwhile, my PC has a really loud fan that sounds like constant whining. can you top that, mac users?

2. Mike says:

@Ian Unplug it.

3. Eugene,
    I still need to find the right button to make this happen though

4. John Grebe says:

No you didn’t make a mistake. That new mac feature might look cool at first but do you really want to have to deal with worrying about your computer running or should I say flying away from you. Not to mention all of the extra carbon emissions the computer must use to fly as compared to a PC which uses environmentally friendly human power to get from one place to another when its owner things it is time for it to move.

5. Eugene Cho says:

@john: what if it had a seat for one person for air travel? it would offset carbon emissions to some degree.

6. jdblundell says:

don’t worry – they both transform…

7. ren says:

woah. . it’s that true? amzing. . just choose mac. its gud. im using mac. ^^

8. Tyler says:

that is how i get mine to work everyday.

9. Joseph Lee says:

Dang, that’s pretty violent, so much hate. Where’s the love guys?

10. sir jorge says:

i’m a web developer, i would never advice a mac for web development.

i’m also a professional blogger, i would never advice a mac for pro-blogging.

why pay thousands of dollars when you can get the same thing for less. I have a pc that i upgraded and swear by. I have not once had problems, i have blogged with it, developed with it, edited hd videos with it, and played video games. I’ve never encountered an error and have never locked it up with psd, pdf, or anything along those lines.

However, in college i had several macs. I locked up or crashed the OS several times with 600 dpi photoshop files.

I don’t regret not spending extra money for the mac cult status

11. Arukiyomi says:

are missionaries allowed macs?

12. Randall says:

@sir jorge

I’ve had the opposite experience. I use a Mac because I got tired of dealing with PC viruses, leftover DLL files after uninstalls, viruses, blue screens of death, driver issues, viruses, etc.

I’ve used Macs to record CDs (Pro Tools), edit videos (Final Cut Pro and Express), and blog (though I haven’t in a while). And while I won’t say my Mac experience has been perfect – I’ve experienced the spinning beach ball and kernel panics but no where near the amount of frustrations I had back when I had a PC. And I can’t remember the last time I had to update my anti-virus software because…oh that’s right, I don’t have any.

Now before this turns into another back and forth flame war, let me say that Macs aren’t for everyone. PCs aren’t for everyone.

Use what works for you and makes you the most productive. End of story.

…but if I can help it, I’ll never go back to a PC…

13. gar says:

so awesome! wish my computer did that…😉

14. Stephen B says:

Looks like one of the Decepticons to me..

That’s evil.

15. Daniel Azuma says:

Whee! How fun! Another mac vs pc debate!🙂

@eugene: Transform-ability is supposed to be a well-kept secret among us MacBook users. That French traitor is betraying our trust by filming his computer in action, and you, Pastor E, are going to hear from the legal department of the MacBook Users Association For World Domination for reposting the video on your blog…

@sir jorge: I’d actually argue the other way from a web developer standpoint. I’m the chief architect for a web company. We have both macs and PCs in house, but all our developers (every single one) uses and prefers a mac for development. In my observation, it’s partly because IE is such a disaster, and partly because Windows seems to be a second class citizen for most of the commonly-used web development platforms today (with the notable exception of ASP/.NET). Linux is, of course, a different story, but I would never advise Windows unless you have to use dot net.

16. iy. says:

that video cracked me up!! so cute! i want a little flying robot!

17. […] eugene cho) Related posts:Voodoo Wow… Check out this video (via eugene cho) Sebastian’s […]

18. Benny Salas says: