the cho girls on unicycles

If my master plan of getting all three of my kids to and through college on Division I sports scholarships don’t pan out, there appears to be a Plan B.  The girls apparently might be able to qualify for some sort of unicycling scholarship at CTU – aka Clowning Technical University.

This past Sunday, they and about 60 of their elementary schoolmates participated in the Norwegian Constitution Day parade in Ballard – a neighborhood of Seattle with long Scandinavian roots.  Check out this two minute video below.  You’ll see both of my girls in a sea of probably about 60-70 unicyclists and you’ll even see a nasty fall. Seriously, I was really nervous because there were so many kids uncycling everywhere.

I’m going to show my girls this blog post so feel free to share some words of encouragement like:

• “Wow, your daddy is so cool. Never forget that.”
  • “Listen to your parents.”
  • “Boys have the cooties. Say no to boys.”

For those that are reading this via an RSS feeder, you can watch the video here.

Filed under: , , , , ,

1. eugenecho says:

Article in the Seattle Times:

One of our church members and church staff, Jennifer R., is quoted as a Norwegian wannabe. Very cool.

2. Ryan says:

That’s awesome. No dating until you’re 20 and remember, your dad can read your mind.

3. gar says:

Those kids got skills! Rock on.

Oh… and no matter what you think, your Dad knows everything. EVERYTHING. 🙂

4. melissa says:

J and T are awesome! 🙂

5. Rosalind Sciammas says:

You girls look great. I can’t wait to see where your courage, self-determination and excellent balancing techniques take you next.

I never really liked it when my parents would come to my school; I just didn’t think they were cool enough. So they stopped coming. If only my parents were as cool and famous as yours, I’d have footage of me on a unicycle too.

6. Sarah says:

Way to go Cho girls! That was fantastic!

The Moye Clan

7. […] Dog-sitting and Norway’s Constitution Day Parade in Ballard By leebenvic Last Sunday, we stopped by the parade in Ballard celebrating Norway’s Constitution Day. I was bummed because we arrived too late and missed seeing our young friends on their unicycles, which their dad caught on video here. […]

The secret to being grateful is no secret. You choose to be grateful. Then you do it again and again. Every day. If you forget, start again. Back to fishing...I mean, umm...back to writing a book. There's no such thing as a self-made person. Someone believed, encouraged, and invested in you. Be grateful and be that someone for others.

Taking a break from the sabbatical...to partner in ministry in Denver at Cherry Hills Church and at the CRU staff conference. It was such a gift to be able to encourage a handful of folks one-to-one, a small group of Asian-American leaders from EPIC, and the larger group of 5000 staff during one of the sessions.

I've been personally blessed, challenged, encouraged, exhorted, and convicted by so many who have poured into my life - friends, acquaintances, and even strangers - and I hope to do that for others as I seek to be faithful to Christ.

Thank you, Lord.
#cru17 Nothing grows by itself. If something matters to us, may we be intentional about growing it.

Invest. Pray. Plant. Water. Nurture. Repeat. God sees and knows us. In fact, God knows everything about us.

Not just the good we try so hard to project but even the mess we often seek to hide.

Let this soak in: Not only are we fully known but in Christ, we are fully pursued and loved.

This is grace.
Amazing grace. Hairstyles change. Sideburn fads come and go but may our commitment to love, honor, respect, and be on mission together for Christ never waver.

Thank you, Minhee. I love you so much even if you made fun of my hairstyle and sideburns.

• The secret to being grateful is no secret. You choose to be grateful. Then you do it again and again. Every day. If you forget, start again. || 11 hours ago
  • Back to fishing...I mean, umm...back to writing a book. instagram.com/p/BW-64QmA3ji/ || 12 hours ago
  • RT @bj116: Love without Truth leads to liberalism. Truth without love leads to legalism. But Truth working with Love leads to a Gospel tran… || 2 days ago
  • There's no such thing as a self-made person. Someone believed, encouraged, and invested in you. Be grateful and be that someone for others. || 3 days ago
  • Nature is one of my love languages. - instagram.com/p/BW0uNlng0If/ || 4 days ago
  • Nothing grows by itself. If something matters to us, may we be intentional about growing it. Invest. Pray. Plant. Water. Nurture. Repeat. || 5 days ago