the cho girls on unicycles

If my master plan of getting all three of my kids to and through college on Division I sports scholarships don’t pan out, there appears to be a Plan B.  The girls apparently might be able to qualify for some sort of unicycling scholarship at CTU – aka Clowning Technical University.

This past Sunday, they and about 60 of their elementary schoolmates participated in the Norwegian Constitution Day parade in Ballard – a neighborhood of Seattle with long Scandinavian roots.  Check out this two minute video below.  You’ll see both of my girls in a sea of probably about 60-70 unicyclists and you’ll even see a nasty fall. Seriously, I was really nervous because there were so many kids uncycling everywhere.

I’m going to show my girls this blog post so feel free to share some words of encouragement like:

• “Wow, your daddy is so cool. Never forget that.”
  • “Listen to your parents.”
  • “Boys have the cooties. Say no to boys.”

For those that are reading this via an RSS feeder, you can watch the video here.

Filed under: , , , , ,

1. eugenecho says:

Article in the Seattle Times:

One of our church members and church staff, Jennifer R., is quoted as a Norwegian wannabe. Very cool.

2. Ryan says:

That’s awesome. No dating until you’re 20 and remember, your dad can read your mind.

3. gar says:

Those kids got skills! Rock on.

Oh… and no matter what you think, your Dad knows everything. EVERYTHING.🙂

4. melissa says:

J and T are awesome!🙂

5. Rosalind Sciammas says:

You girls look great. I can’t wait to see where your courage, self-determination and excellent balancing techniques take you next.

I never really liked it when my parents would come to my school; I just didn’t think they were cool enough. So they stopped coming. If only my parents were as cool and famous as yours, I’d have footage of me on a unicycle too.

6. Sarah says:

Way to go Cho girls! That was fantastic!

The Moye Clan

7. […] Dog-sitting and Norway’s Constitution Day Parade in Ballard By leebenvic Last Sunday, we stopped by the parade in Ballard celebrating Norway’s Constitution Day. I was bummed because we arrived too late and missed seeing our young friends on their unicycles, which their dad caught on video here. […]