happy april fool’s day you suckas

I couldn’t wait so last night for April Fool’s [the night before], I wrote this via Twitter and Facebook:

Caved in.  Swapped my PC for a Macbook.

Happy April Fool’s Day you suckers!

In light of my post about PC vs Mac, it got some funny responses. Don’t you know:  I’m from Seattle and I am a diehard fan of local small business. Not sure if you’ve heard of Microsoft but PC baby.  [For now at least].

Alright, who’s got some good April Fool tricks today?

Anyway, the comments via Twitter and Facebook came rolling in all night long.  Hilarious.  Here are some of them:

• jpkang: and I had to read about it on Twitter??
  • scottthepainter: nice work. welcome to the club. hope you like the punch
  • chadrmcdaniel:  good move. you won’t regret it!
  • coreyhage: woohoo!!!
  • steveschai: hahaha… That’s not caving… That’s seeing the light!
  • briancberry:  welcome to the my world. it’s a happy place. enjoy the new freedoms your mac just gave u.
  • jeremyobryan: Go, E! You won’t be sorry!
  • otherthan:  sellout!
  • tylerbraun: You can’t be serious? I can’t even believe you.
  • drewplaysdrums: @eugenecho 😀
  • CalebDaniel: As sad as I am to hear that, at least I know God will forgive your weakness. 🙂
  • dpark75: shut up!!! what happened?
  • merrifie: Your new PC didn’t last long…
  • janjowen: so do you love it? i want one. badly. even more so since i got an iphone.
  • ChrisMarlow: congrats! welcome to the club. Yes, I know that sounds bad 🙂
  • hongdotcom: this is an early april fool’s huh? quit tryin to be so slick. 🙂
  • davemahanes: congrats and welcome to the family. 🙂
  • spaek: Welcome to the greener side! http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/
  • koochung:  welcome my brother, to a better world 🙂
  • billkcummings: Good for you! When my current PC crashes… I’m using that as an excuse to go Mac.
  • daniwao: that is awesome.
  • conniejoh2o: Welcome to the wonderful world of Mac!!! You have chosen well! Now you have to learn the MacHappy Dance!
  • soulman9: Hallle-lujah. Another convert. Welcome to the club. Bless you, man. : )

And via Facebook:

• Michael: couldn’t even make it to lent before giving in to the hipster sensation?
  • Eric: Nice work Eugene!
  • JK: FINALLY!
  • Bob: welcome to the light side!!
  • Lacey: nice!
  • Ted: one man’s traitor is….ah ah a turncoat??!!! say it aint so! Your from seattle for crying out loud!
  • Robert: You just of just listened on the first go around, save yourself the extra hassle your pc caused.
  • Irene: really?? my go-to examples of “so and so still has a pc too….” are shrinking in number….
  • Matt: Woo Hoo! You’ll NEVER go back.
  • Michael: It’s alright Irene. We all knew Eugene was going to go through his mid life crisis sooner or later. What’s next Eug? Buying back that Miata?
  • Catherine: WAHOO!!! way to go PE! welcome to the club!!!
  • Matt: didn’t you JUST get a new pc? what happened?
  • Kim: I’m wishing I got one. Congrats!
  • Robert: Matt, it was a pc, PE, went against all the sound advice and went with the pc rather than the Mac.
  • Reminds me of the old saying, measure twice, cut once. In this case it translates to, just get the mac on the first go around.
  • Phillip: w00t! Well, I guess according to the Microsoft ad, you’re now cool 😉 Welcome to a new world.
  • Kimberly Miller: YAY!
  • Risha: sucka
  • Grace: WHAT?! PE, I have to admit that I am dissappointed in you, my pastor… my leader. 😉
  • Jin: no more IT support for you. now im gonna be forced to destroy ur Macbook.
  • Yoohee: revival is going to come now…… 🙂
  • Daniel:Dude, PE, jumpin’ the gun a little. You’re early…?
  • Grace: Wait, is this April Fool’s? I sure hope so.
  • Melody: so glad that you made the righteous choice… jesus uses macs.
  • Jin: of course its an April’s fools joke. he risks betraying the very ones he loves.
  • Sako: no eugene! no! you were my only hope when this topic came up. I always said eugene cho uses a pc! It’s ok bro, I will stand on truth regardless if anyone else is with me.

Filed under:

1. Brittany says:

Check out Gmail’s home page for more fun 🙂

2. Matt says:

if you jumped the gun and posted it on mar 31st… does it still count?

dang….

3. eugenecho says:

@matt: i posted it in Eastern Standard Time. it’s legit.

4. Kacie says:

ooooh you jerk. I commented this morning and bought it completely. …. I now question your integrity and ability to lead as a pastor.

5. m@ says:

i assume you’re going to officiate my wedding? (See facebook)

6. Robert says:

I bit and bit hard… good one… LOL, but you will be sorry, that you still have that nasty ol’ pc. In then end who will be the April fool? (: O LOL

You will convert, I can see it in your eyes, and hear it in your voice. LOL

7. The Chiz says:

no one has topped the Sojourners blog yet….
    Seriously, the Rush Limbaugh bit is clever beyond imagination.

8. Daniel Azuma says:

Okay, so April fools is April fools, but for that libelous suggestion that Micro$oft could have anything to do with “local small businesses,” you need to REPENT!

9. minna says:

ok PE …
    here’s the april fools prank that the therapy dept pulled at work today. we somehow convinced the activities department director about the therapeutic benefits of pole-dancing for the elderly and that we needed her help to screen patients that she felt woudl be appropriate and safe enough to participate. We actually have a couple of poles in the facility, but they are to help patients transfer from their bed to their wheelchairs. anyway, she totally believed us and came back with a list of names. yikes! unnecessary visual!

10. Randall says:

Dang that was close.
    I nearly made a smart remark on twitter when I read that.

I shall pray for you tonight.

🙂

11. Caleb says:

Good one… I shoulda guessed. You definitely had me fooled.

12. Dave says:

It might only be because I am part of the same denomination as this blogger but my favorite April Fool’s joke can be found here: http://emergentnazarenes.blogspot.com/2009/04/denomination-caves-to-concerned.html

13. anne says:

Definitely the Sojourners blog post topped it. I was thinking, “Wow, God does do miracles….” while reading it.

14. eugenecho says:

@anne: supposedly, their servers got knocked out because they got so much traffic.

hilarious.

15. anne says:

did you check the latest post now, about how people responded? people are so interesting.

"He must become greater; I must become less." - John 3:30 We have to remind ourselves of this truth every day lest we forget:

Our greatest calling as followers of Christ is to be faithful. Not spectacular. Not glamorous. Not popular. Not relevant.

Be faithful.

PS: Also, it helps to get some Vitamin D especially if you live in the rainy Northwest Thank you, Brooklyn, for the reminder. Umm, @jlin7 is a Christian but he wasn't very Christlike with me on the basketball court. He muscled me into the paint, dunked on me, mentioned my momma, and then said, "Stick with preaching." Just kidding. Kind of.

If you haven't heard, Jeremy Lin is donating his one games wages (approximately $140,000) and an additional $100 for every 3 pointer made to support Girls' Empowerment and Education through @onedayswages. That game is this Friday vs the Boston Celtics!

Join his campaign as he's inviting his fans to donate just $7. - http://onedayswages.org/jlin

Did you know that 32 million girls of lower secondary school age are not enrolled in school.

Did you know that every year of secondary school increases a girl’s future earning power by 20 percent.

Did you know that if all girls in Sub-Saharan Africa, South and West Asia had a secondary education, child marriage would fall by 64 percent.

We can't change the entire world but we can impact the lives of one, few, and in some cases...many.

#jeremylin #jlin #linsanity #onedayswages Don't be held captive to either praise or criticism.

Know who you are.
Know what you're about.
Know WHO you serve.

The answer to who you serve makes all the difference... It's the day after International Women's Day - and it's still important to celebrate the contribution of women in our lives, society, and world. As we honor women all around the world, I'm also reminded of how women and children are those who are most deeply impacted by injustice - especially poverty.

Sadly, I have witnessed this reality in too many places. ​In 2012, I traveled to a remote area in Eastern Kenya as part of a @onedayswages response to a famine that struck the Horn of Africa region. This famine impacted nearly 13 million people and according to some sources, took the lives of about 250,000 people. During my trip there, I had the chance of meeting many people but the person that still remains in my memory was a Muslim woman named Sahara.

She was so hospitable in inviting us to her small and temporary home. During our conversation, I learned that ​Sahara traveled 300 kilometers (a little under 200 miles) – some by cart and some by foot – as they sought to escape the worst drought that has impacted East Africa (Kenya, Somalia, and Ethiopia) in the past 60 years.

This is not a misprint.
200.

She traveled about 200 miles on cart and foot. ​And all along, she was ill. If you look closely ​at the photo, you might notice the large lump in her throat - likely a large cancerous tumor.​ She did not travel alone. She traveled with her husband who I was not able to meet because he was staying with one of his five other wives in this polygamist community.  She did not travel alone. She also traveled with her six children – the youngest being about 1 and the oldest being around 8. She had just given birth to her sixth child when they began her journey. Her youngest was severely malnourished when they arrived to this new settlement in a town called Benane.
Sahara and her children all survived this journey. They survived because she persisted.
In honor of Sahara...and so many other women who keep...keeping on.