happy april fool’s day you suckas

I couldn’t wait so last night for April Fool’s [the night before], I wrote this via Twitter and Facebook:

Caved in.  Swapped my PC for a Macbook.

Happy April Fool’s Day you suckers!

In light of my post about PC vs Mac, it got some funny responses. Don’t you know:  I’m from Seattle and I am a diehard fan of local small business. Not sure if you’ve heard of Microsoft but PC baby.  [For now at least].

Alright, who’s got some good April Fool tricks today?

Anyway, the comments via Twitter and Facebook came rolling in all night long.  Hilarious.  Here are some of them:

• jpkang: and I had to read about it on Twitter??
  • scottthepainter: nice work. welcome to the club. hope you like the punch
  • chadrmcdaniel:  good move. you won’t regret it!
  • coreyhage: woohoo!!!
  • steveschai: hahaha… That’s not caving… That’s seeing the light!
  • briancberry:  welcome to the my world. it’s a happy place. enjoy the new freedoms your mac just gave u.
  • jeremyobryan: Go, E! You won’t be sorry!
  • otherthan:  sellout!
  • tylerbraun: You can’t be serious? I can’t even believe you.
  • drewplaysdrums: @eugenecho 😀
  • CalebDaniel: As sad as I am to hear that, at least I know God will forgive your weakness. 🙂
  • dpark75: shut up!!! what happened?
  • merrifie: Your new PC didn’t last long…
  • janjowen: so do you love it? i want one. badly. even more so since i got an iphone.
  • ChrisMarlow: congrats! welcome to the club. Yes, I know that sounds bad 🙂
  • hongdotcom: this is an early april fool’s huh? quit tryin to be so slick. 🙂
  • davemahanes: congrats and welcome to the family. 🙂
  • spaek: Welcome to the greener side! http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/
  • koochung:  welcome my brother, to a better world 🙂
  • billkcummings: Good for you! When my current PC crashes… I’m using that as an excuse to go Mac.
  • daniwao: that is awesome.
  • conniejoh2o: Welcome to the wonderful world of Mac!!! You have chosen well! Now you have to learn the MacHappy Dance!
  • soulman9: Hallle-lujah. Another convert. Welcome to the club. Bless you, man. : )

And via Facebook:

• Michael: couldn’t even make it to lent before giving in to the hipster sensation?
  • Eric: Nice work Eugene!
  • JK: FINALLY!
  • Bob: welcome to the light side!!
  • Lacey: nice!
  • Ted: one man’s traitor is….ah ah a turncoat??!!! say it aint so! Your from seattle for crying out loud!
  • Robert: You just of just listened on the first go around, save yourself the extra hassle your pc caused.
  • Irene: really?? my go-to examples of “so and so still has a pc too….” are shrinking in number….
  • Matt: Woo Hoo! You’ll NEVER go back.
  • Michael: It’s alright Irene. We all knew Eugene was going to go through his mid life crisis sooner or later. What’s next Eug? Buying back that Miata?
  • Catherine: WAHOO!!! way to go PE! welcome to the club!!!
  • Matt: didn’t you JUST get a new pc? what happened?
  • Kim: I’m wishing I got one. Congrats!
  • Robert: Matt, it was a pc, PE, went against all the sound advice and went with the pc rather than the Mac.
  • Reminds me of the old saying, measure twice, cut once. In this case it translates to, just get the mac on the first go around.
  • Phillip: w00t! Well, I guess according to the Microsoft ad, you’re now cool 😉 Welcome to a new world.
  • Kimberly Miller: YAY!
  • Risha: sucka
  • Grace: WHAT?! PE, I have to admit that I am dissappointed in you, my pastor… my leader. 😉
  • Jin: no more IT support for you. now im gonna be forced to destroy ur Macbook.
  • Yoohee: revival is going to come now…… 🙂
  • Daniel:Dude, PE, jumpin’ the gun a little. You’re early…?
  • Grace: Wait, is this April Fool’s? I sure hope so.
  • Melody: so glad that you made the righteous choice… jesus uses macs.
  • Jin: of course its an April’s fools joke. he risks betraying the very ones he loves.
  • Sako: no eugene! no! you were my only hope when this topic came up. I always said eugene cho uses a pc! It’s ok bro, I will stand on truth regardless if anyone else is with me.

Filed under:

1. Brittany says:

Check out Gmail’s home page for more fun 🙂

2. Matt says:

if you jumped the gun and posted it on mar 31st… does it still count?

dang….

3. eugenecho says:

@matt: i posted it in Eastern Standard Time. it’s legit.

4. Kacie says:

ooooh you jerk. I commented this morning and bought it completely. …. I now question your integrity and ability to lead as a pastor.

5. m@ says:

i assume you’re going to officiate my wedding? (See facebook)

6. Robert says:

I bit and bit hard… good one… LOL, but you will be sorry, that you still have that nasty ol’ pc. In then end who will be the April fool? (: O LOL

You will convert, I can see it in your eyes, and hear it in your voice. LOL

7. The Chiz says:

no one has topped the Sojourners blog yet….
    Seriously, the Rush Limbaugh bit is clever beyond imagination.

8. Daniel Azuma says:

Okay, so April fools is April fools, but for that libelous suggestion that Micro$oft could have anything to do with “local small businesses,” you need to REPENT!

9. minna says:

ok PE …
    here’s the april fools prank that the therapy dept pulled at work today. we somehow convinced the activities department director about the therapeutic benefits of pole-dancing for the elderly and that we needed her help to screen patients that she felt woudl be appropriate and safe enough to participate. We actually have a couple of poles in the facility, but they are to help patients transfer from their bed to their wheelchairs. anyway, she totally believed us and came back with a list of names. yikes! unnecessary visual!

10. Randall says:

Dang that was close.
    I nearly made a smart remark on twitter when I read that.

I shall pray for you tonight.

🙂

11. Caleb says:

Good one… I shoulda guessed. You definitely had me fooled.

12. Dave says:

It might only be because I am part of the same denomination as this blogger but my favorite April Fool’s joke can be found here: http://emergentnazarenes.blogspot.com/2009/04/denomination-caves-to-concerned.html

13. anne says:

Definitely the Sojourners blog post topped it. I was thinking, “Wow, God does do miracles….” while reading it.

14. eugenecho says:

@anne: supposedly, their servers got knocked out because they got so much traffic.

hilarious.

15. anne says:

did you check the latest post now, about how people responded? people are so interesting.

There's no such thing as a self-made person. Someone believed, encouraged, and invested in you. Be grateful and be that someone for others.

Taking a break from the sabbatical...to partner in ministry in Denver at Cherry Hills Church and at the CRU staff conference. It was such a gift to be able to encourage a handful of folks one-to-one, a small group of Asian-American leaders from EPIC, and the larger group of 5000 staff during one of the sessions.

I've been personally blessed, challenged, encouraged, exhorted, and convicted by so many who have poured into my life - friends, acquaintances, and even strangers - and I hope to do that for others as I seek to be faithful to Christ.

Thank you, Lord.
#cru17 Nothing grows by itself. If something matters to us, may we be intentional about growing it.

Invest. Pray. Plant. Water. Nurture. Repeat. God sees and knows us. In fact, God knows everything about us.

Not just the good we try so hard to project but even the mess we often seek to hide.

Let this soak in: Not only are we fully known but in Christ, we are fully pursued and loved.

This is grace.
Amazing grace. Hairstyles change. Sideburn fads come and go but may our commitment to love, honor, respect, and be on mission together for Christ never waver.

Thank you, Minhee. I love you so much even if you made fun of my hairstyle and sideburns. I missed you, Seattle. Grateful for a time to pray, rest, retreat, read, reflect, and sabbath. I've spent the last 12 days in the woods alone. Competely alone. It's been both haunting and refreshing. Haunting because of loneliness. Refreshing because through the silence, I am reminded - again - that I'm not alone. Emmanuel.

Also, bought myself a cheap kayak and loving the solitude time in nature. Also, the kayak is paying instant dividends in my bass fishing game. #sabbathrest #bassfishing #catchandrelease