happy april fool’s day you suckas

I couldn’t wait so last night for April Fool’s [the night before], I wrote this via Twitter and Facebook:

Caved in.  Swapped my PC for a Macbook.

Happy April Fool’s Day you suckers!

In light of my post about PC vs Mac, it got some funny responses. Don’t you know:  I’m from Seattle and I am a diehard fan of local small business. Not sure if you’ve heard of Microsoft but PC baby.  [For now at least].

Alright, who’s got some good April Fool tricks today?

Anyway, the comments via Twitter and Facebook came rolling in all night long.  Hilarious.  Here are some of them:

• jpkang: and I had to read about it on Twitter??
  • scottthepainter: nice work. welcome to the club. hope you like the punch
  • chadrmcdaniel:  good move. you won’t regret it!
  • coreyhage: woohoo!!!
  • steveschai: hahaha… That’s not caving… That’s seeing the light!
  • briancberry:  welcome to the my world. it’s a happy place. enjoy the new freedoms your mac just gave u.
  • jeremyobryan: Go, E! You won’t be sorry!
  • otherthan:  sellout!
  • tylerbraun: You can’t be serious? I can’t even believe you.
  • drewplaysdrums: @eugenecho 😀
  • CalebDaniel: As sad as I am to hear that, at least I know God will forgive your weakness. 🙂
  • dpark75: shut up!!! what happened?
  • merrifie: Your new PC didn’t last long…
  • janjowen: so do you love it? i want one. badly. even more so since i got an iphone.
  • ChrisMarlow: congrats! welcome to the club. Yes, I know that sounds bad 🙂
  • hongdotcom: this is an early april fool’s huh? quit tryin to be so slick. 🙂
  • davemahanes: congrats and welcome to the family. 🙂
  • spaek: Welcome to the greener side! http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/
  • koochung:  welcome my brother, to a better world 🙂
  • billkcummings: Good for you! When my current PC crashes… I’m using that as an excuse to go Mac.
  • daniwao: that is awesome.
  • conniejoh2o: Welcome to the wonderful world of Mac!!! You have chosen well! Now you have to learn the MacHappy Dance!
  • soulman9: Hallle-lujah. Another convert. Welcome to the club. Bless you, man. : )

And via Facebook:

• Michael: couldn’t even make it to lent before giving in to the hipster sensation?
  • Eric: Nice work Eugene!
  • JK: FINALLY!
  • Bob: welcome to the light side!!
  • Lacey: nice!
  • Ted: one man’s traitor is….ah ah a turncoat??!!! say it aint so! Your from seattle for crying out loud!
  • Robert: You just of just listened on the first go around, save yourself the extra hassle your pc caused.
  • Irene: really?? my go-to examples of “so and so still has a pc too….” are shrinking in number….
  • Matt: Woo Hoo! You’ll NEVER go back.
  • Michael: It’s alright Irene. We all knew Eugene was going to go through his mid life crisis sooner or later. What’s next Eug? Buying back that Miata?
  • Catherine: WAHOO!!! way to go PE! welcome to the club!!!
  • Matt: didn’t you JUST get a new pc? what happened?
  • Kim: I’m wishing I got one. Congrats!
  • Robert: Matt, it was a pc, PE, went against all the sound advice and went with the pc rather than the Mac.
  • Reminds me of the old saying, measure twice, cut once. In this case it translates to, just get the mac on the first go around.
  • Phillip: w00t! Well, I guess according to the Microsoft ad, you’re now cool 😉 Welcome to a new world.
  • Kimberly Miller: YAY!
  • Risha: sucka
  • Grace: WHAT?! PE, I have to admit that I am dissappointed in you, my pastor… my leader. 😉
  • Jin: no more IT support for you. now im gonna be forced to destroy ur Macbook.
  • Yoohee: revival is going to come now…… 🙂
  • Daniel:Dude, PE, jumpin’ the gun a little. You’re early…?
  • Grace: Wait, is this April Fool’s? I sure hope so.
  • Melody: so glad that you made the righteous choice… jesus uses macs.
  • Jin: of course its an April’s fools joke. he risks betraying the very ones he loves.
  • Sako: no eugene! no! you were my only hope when this topic came up. I always said eugene cho uses a pc! It’s ok bro, I will stand on truth regardless if anyone else is with me.

Filed under:

1. Brittany says:

Check out Gmail’s home page for more fun 🙂

2. Matt says:

if you jumped the gun and posted it on mar 31st… does it still count?

dang….

3. eugenecho says:

@matt: i posted it in Eastern Standard Time. it’s legit.

4. Kacie says:

ooooh you jerk. I commented this morning and bought it completely. …. I now question your integrity and ability to lead as a pastor.

5. m@ says:

i assume you’re going to officiate my wedding? (See facebook)

6. Robert says:

I bit and bit hard… good one… LOL, but you will be sorry, that you still have that nasty ol’ pc. In then end who will be the April fool? (: O LOL

You will convert, I can see it in your eyes, and hear it in your voice. LOL

7. The Chiz says:

no one has topped the Sojourners blog yet….
    Seriously, the Rush Limbaugh bit is clever beyond imagination.

8. Daniel Azuma says:

Okay, so April fools is April fools, but for that libelous suggestion that Micro$oft could have anything to do with “local small businesses,” you need to REPENT!

9. minna says:

ok PE …
    here’s the april fools prank that the therapy dept pulled at work today. we somehow convinced the activities department director about the therapeutic benefits of pole-dancing for the elderly and that we needed her help to screen patients that she felt woudl be appropriate and safe enough to participate. We actually have a couple of poles in the facility, but they are to help patients transfer from their bed to their wheelchairs. anyway, she totally believed us and came back with a list of names. yikes! unnecessary visual!

10. Randall says:

Dang that was close.
    I nearly made a smart remark on twitter when I read that.

I shall pray for you tonight.

🙂

11. Caleb says:

Good one… I shoulda guessed. You definitely had me fooled.

12. Dave says:

It might only be because I am part of the same denomination as this blogger but my favorite April Fool’s joke can be found here: http://emergentnazarenes.blogspot.com/2009/04/denomination-caves-to-concerned.html

13. anne says:

Definitely the Sojourners blog post topped it. I was thinking, “Wow, God does do miracles….” while reading it.

14. eugenecho says:

@anne: supposedly, their servers got knocked out because they got so much traffic.

hilarious.

15. anne says:

did you check the latest post now, about how people responded? people are so interesting.

To support both the equality of women and the dignity of the unborn feels like a very lonely place to be but I know we're not alone. May we press on. And may we lead with hope.

I'm at the Women's March in Seattle to show my solidarity with my wife, my mothers, my daughters, and the female congregants of my church. I'm also here to model for my son what we believe in our home. Many people have already expressed their disappointment, dismay, and disgust with my decision. Such is life. We will always disappoint someone. And that's also a lot of words that begin with "d." I'm here not because I agree or disagree with every single statement or sign at this march (although I really liked this one) but because as a Christian, I believe in the fundamental truth that women are fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God. They are to be valued, heard, and respected.

And because I believe we can't be a flourishing society without the flourishing of women. And because the Church cannot be the Church without the gifts and voices of women. All the gifts of women.

And in doing so, may we together honor the sanctity of life - from womb to tomb. Collaboration.

col·lab·o·ra·tion
kəˌlabəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun

the action of working with someone or a group of others  to produce or create something.

May we hold our logos, egos, and tribalism have their place. May we hold them loosely for they too shall pass. May we collaborate for the sake of the greater Kingdom of God ... which endures forever. As we honor Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., don't forget the God behind the man. The one true God who deposited this dream into MLK is still speaking to us today. Are we listening?

Be courageous. Be brave.

Being invited by the King Family to speak at the MLK worship service at Ebenezer Baptist Church in 2016 remains one of the most unexpected honors of my life. On the right is his daughter, Dr. Bernice King and his sister, Dr. Christine King Farris. Walking throughstreet markets in different parts of the world is the best. Soaking in the culture. Listening to the local language and music. Enjoying the amazing cuisine. Meeting new friends. Praying for the Gospel to penetrate. #ChiangRai Blessed be the local, indigenous leaders for it is they who live in the very communities they seek to love. For it is they who understand their context and culture...better than a Westerner ever will. For it is they who will continue to tenaciously pursue a better world with hope, justice and love when visitors like me leave.

Yes, blessed be the local, indigenous leaders. What an honor and privilege to celebrate with the on-the-ground local @thefreedomstory team to celebrate the recent opening of their Education and Resource Center for the local youth in Chiang Rai, Thailanf. This was made possible through a partnership and matching grant by @onedayswages and The Freedom Story.

While it was an honor to be there to cut the cord and say a few words, this is an example of collaboration. Much love to the Freedom Story team including their co-founders Tawee Donchai and @Rachel Goble, to their staff who live in the community, who understand their context and culture, and who tenaciously pursue a better world with hope, justice and love. And of course, much love to the students themselves for they each matter. Finally, to each person that donated to @onedayswages to make this grant possible.

May hundreds and even thousands of youth be impacted, encouraged, and mentored. May they capture a glimpse of God's love for them.

Photo: @benjaminedwards

• Really loved this sign from the women's march from one of our church congregants. Counter cultural. Subversive. L… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 4 hours ago
  • To support both the equality of women & the dignity of the unborn can be lonely but we're not alone. Lead with hope: instagram.com/p/BPjMGTOhMjL/ || 5 hours ago
  • To support both the equality of women & the dignity of the unborn feels like a very lonely place to be but we're not alone. May we press on. || 8 hours ago
  • Going to the Women's March in Seattle bc as a Christian, I believe women are fearfully and wonderfully made and are to be heard & respected. || 11 hours ago
  • Christians: May we be guided by the Scriptures that remind us, "Seek first the Kingdom of God" and not, "Seek first the kingdom of America." || 12 hours ago
  • God bless America...so that we may be a blessing to the hurting, poor, vulnerable, immigrants, oppressed, marginalized. God bless America. || 1 day ago