happy april fool’s day you suckas

I couldn’t wait so last night for April Fool’s [the night before], I wrote this via Twitter and Facebook:

Caved in.  Swapped my PC for a Macbook.

Happy April Fool’s Day you suckers!

In light of my post about PC vs Mac, it got some funny responses. Don’t you know:  I’m from Seattle and I am a diehard fan of local small business. Not sure if you’ve heard of Microsoft but PC baby.  [For now at least].

Alright, who’s got some good April Fool tricks today?

Anyway, the comments via Twitter and Facebook came rolling in all night long.  Hilarious.  Here are some of them:

• jpkang: and I had to read about it on Twitter??
  • scottthepainter: nice work. welcome to the club. hope you like the punch
  • chadrmcdaniel:  good move. you won’t regret it!
  • coreyhage: woohoo!!!
  • steveschai: hahaha… That’s not caving… That’s seeing the light!
  • briancberry:  welcome to the my world. it’s a happy place. enjoy the new freedoms your mac just gave u.
  • jeremyobryan: Go, E! You won’t be sorry!
  • otherthan:  sellout!
  • tylerbraun: You can’t be serious? I can’t even believe you.
  • drewplaysdrums: @eugenecho 😀
  • CalebDaniel: As sad as I am to hear that, at least I know God will forgive your weakness. 🙂
  • dpark75: shut up!!! what happened?
  • merrifie: Your new PC didn’t last long…
  • janjowen: so do you love it? i want one. badly. even more so since i got an iphone.
  • ChrisMarlow: congrats! welcome to the club. Yes, I know that sounds bad 🙂
  • hongdotcom: this is an early april fool’s huh? quit tryin to be so slick. 🙂
  • davemahanes: congrats and welcome to the family. 🙂
  • spaek: Welcome to the greener side! http://www.apple.com/support/switch101/
  • koochung:  welcome my brother, to a better world 🙂
  • billkcummings: Good for you! When my current PC crashes… I’m using that as an excuse to go Mac.
  • daniwao: that is awesome.
  • conniejoh2o: Welcome to the wonderful world of Mac!!! You have chosen well! Now you have to learn the MacHappy Dance!
  • soulman9: Hallle-lujah. Another convert. Welcome to the club. Bless you, man. : )

And via Facebook:

• Michael: couldn’t even make it to lent before giving in to the hipster sensation?
  • Eric: Nice work Eugene!
  • JK: FINALLY!
  • Bob: welcome to the light side!!
  • Lacey: nice!
  • Ted: one man’s traitor is….ah ah a turncoat??!!! say it aint so! Your from seattle for crying out loud!
  • Robert: You just of just listened on the first go around, save yourself the extra hassle your pc caused.
  • Irene: really?? my go-to examples of “so and so still has a pc too….” are shrinking in number….
  • Matt: Woo Hoo! You’ll NEVER go back.
  • Michael: It’s alright Irene. We all knew Eugene was going to go through his mid life crisis sooner or later. What’s next Eug? Buying back that Miata?
  • Catherine: WAHOO!!! way to go PE! welcome to the club!!!
  • Matt: didn’t you JUST get a new pc? what happened?
  • Kim: I’m wishing I got one. Congrats!
  • Robert: Matt, it was a pc, PE, went against all the sound advice and went with the pc rather than the Mac.
  • Reminds me of the old saying, measure twice, cut once. In this case it translates to, just get the mac on the first go around.
  • Phillip: w00t! Well, I guess according to the Microsoft ad, you’re now cool 😉 Welcome to a new world.
  • Kimberly Miller: YAY!
  • Risha: sucka
  • Grace: WHAT?! PE, I have to admit that I am dissappointed in you, my pastor… my leader. 😉
  • Jin: no more IT support for you. now im gonna be forced to destroy ur Macbook.
  • Yoohee: revival is going to come now…… 🙂
  • Daniel:Dude, PE, jumpin’ the gun a little. You’re early…?
  • Grace: Wait, is this April Fool’s? I sure hope so.
  • Melody: so glad that you made the righteous choice… jesus uses macs.
  • Jin: of course its an April’s fools joke. he risks betraying the very ones he loves.
  • Sako: no eugene! no! you were my only hope when this topic came up. I always said eugene cho uses a pc! It’s ok bro, I will stand on truth regardless if anyone else is with me.

Filed under:

1. Brittany says:

Check out Gmail’s home page for more fun 🙂

2. Matt says:

if you jumped the gun and posted it on mar 31st… does it still count?

dang….

3. eugenecho says:

@matt: i posted it in Eastern Standard Time. it’s legit.

4. Kacie says:

ooooh you jerk. I commented this morning and bought it completely. …. I now question your integrity and ability to lead as a pastor.

5. m@ says:

i assume you’re going to officiate my wedding? (See facebook)

6. Robert says:

I bit and bit hard… good one… LOL, but you will be sorry, that you still have that nasty ol’ pc. In then end who will be the April fool? (: O LOL

You will convert, I can see it in your eyes, and hear it in your voice. LOL

7. The Chiz says:

no one has topped the Sojourners blog yet….
    Seriously, the Rush Limbaugh bit is clever beyond imagination.

8. Daniel Azuma says:

Okay, so April fools is April fools, but for that libelous suggestion that Micro$oft could have anything to do with “local small businesses,” you need to REPENT!

9. minna says:

ok PE …
    here’s the april fools prank that the therapy dept pulled at work today. we somehow convinced the activities department director about the therapeutic benefits of pole-dancing for the elderly and that we needed her help to screen patients that she felt woudl be appropriate and safe enough to participate. We actually have a couple of poles in the facility, but they are to help patients transfer from their bed to their wheelchairs. anyway, she totally believed us and came back with a list of names. yikes! unnecessary visual!

10. Randall says:

Dang that was close.
    I nearly made a smart remark on twitter when I read that.

I shall pray for you tonight.

🙂

11. Caleb says:

Good one… I shoulda guessed. You definitely had me fooled.

12. Dave says:

It might only be because I am part of the same denomination as this blogger but my favorite April Fool’s joke can be found here: http://emergentnazarenes.blogspot.com/2009/04/denomination-caves-to-concerned.html

13. anne says:

Definitely the Sojourners blog post topped it. I was thinking, “Wow, God does do miracles….” while reading it.

14. eugenecho says:

@anne: supposedly, their servers got knocked out because they got so much traffic.

hilarious.

15. anne says:

did you check the latest post now, about how people responded? people are so interesting.

Father, please bless and protect these Iraqi and Syrian "refugee" children that have already endured so much. Protect their hearts and mind from unfathomable trauma. Plant seeds of hope and vision in their lives. And as we pray for them, teach us how to advocate for them. Amen. "We don't call them refugees. We call them relatives. We don't call them camps but centers. Dignity is so important." -  local Iraqi priest whose church has welcomed many "relatives" to their church's property

It's always a privilege to be invited into peoples' home for tea - even if it's a temporary tent. This is an extended Yezidi family that fled the Mosul, Iraq area because of ISIS. It's indeed true that Christians were targeted by ISIS and thatbstory muat be shared but other minority groups like the Yezidis were also targeted. Some of their heartbreaking stories included the kidnapping of their sister. They shared that their father passed away shortly of a "broken heart." The conversation was emotional but afterwards, we asked each other for permission to take photos. Once the selfies came out, the real smiles came out.

So friends: Pray for Iraq. Pray for the persecuted Church. Pray for Christians, minority groups like the Yezidis who fear they will e completely wiped out in the Middle East,, and Muslims alike who are all suffering under ISIS. Friends: I'm traveling in the Middle East this week - Iraq, Lebanon, and Jordan. (Make sure you follow my pics/stories on IG stories). Specifically, I'm here representing @onedayswages to meet, learn, and listen to pastors, local leaders, NGOs, and of course directly from refugees from within these countries - including many from Syria.

For security purposes, I haven't been able to share at all but I'm now able to start sharing some photos and stories. For now, I'll be sharing numerous photos through my IG stories and will be sharing some longer written pieces in couple months when ODW launches another wave of partnerships to come alongside refugees in these areas. Four of us are traveling together also for the purpose of creating a short documentary that we hope to release early next year.

While I'm on my church sabbatical, it's truly a privilege to be able to come to these countries and to meet local pastors and indigenous leaders that tirelessly pursue peace and justice, and to hear directly from refugees. I've read so many various articles and pieces over the years and I thought I was prepared but it has been jarring, heartbreaking,  and gut wrenching. In the midst of such chaos, there's hope but there's also a lot of questions, too.

I hope you follow along as I share photos, stories, and help release this mini-documentary. Please tag friends that might be interested.

Please pray for safety, for empathy, for humility and integrity, for divine meetings. Pray that we listen well; To be present and not just be a consumer of these vulnerable stories. That's my biggest prayer.

Special thanks to @worldvisionusa and @worldrelief for hosting us on this journey. 9/11
Never forget.
And never stop working for peace.

Today, I had some gut wrenching and heart breaking conversations about war, violence, and peacemaking. Mostly, I listened. Never in my wildest imagination did I envision having these conversations on 9/11 of all days. I wish I could share more now but I hope to later after I process them for a few days.

But indeed: Never forget.
And never stop working for peace.
May it be so. Amen. Mount Rainier is simply epic. There's nothing like flying in and out of Seattle.

#mountrainier
#seattle
#northwestisbest Took a train to Busan. Did not encounter any zombies but I was ready just in case.

Busan. First visit to this city (couple weeks ago) and was blown away by its beauty. Also, shocked that it has become the fifth largest containment port city in the world. That's a lot of import and export.

#MyAttemptToBeTheBestSmartphonePhotographer
#Pusan #SouthKorea

• Don't underestimate what God can do through you. God has a very long history of using foolish and broken people for His purposes and glory. || 22 hours ago
  • Father, bless these Iraqi and Syrian refugee children that have already endured so much. As we pray, teach us how t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… || 2 days ago
  • Pray for Iraq. Pray for persecuted Church, minority groups (Yezidis) and Muslims alike who are suffering under ISIS: instagram.com/p/BZF2j6Ngrna/ || 2 days ago
  • "We don't call them refugees. We call them relatives. We don't call them camps but centers. Dignity is so important." - a local Iraqi priest || 3 days ago
  • I've been traveling through Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan. Meeting local pastors/leaders, NGOs, and refugees. Join us on IG… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… || 3 days ago
  • Seeking justice is part of our discipleship. In other words, seek justice not just to change the world...but to be changed more like Christ. || 6 days ago