First of all, I’ve sold out more of my soul and am now on Twitter [thanks for all the Twit advice]. My handle is @eugenecho. My goal is to get 5,000,000 followers so I can start my own international city. Let me begin by thanking all the Eugene Cho(s) in the world for not being geekier or techier and taking the ID. You all are truly servants.
But now that I’m twittering, switching over to the Mac might be the last straw before my soul is lost to the god of trendiness. I recently purchased a used newer PC but over this weekend, I was seriously tempted to get a Mac. I saw some folks demonstrate video and powerpoint stuff and was a little envious. And after my recent post about PC vs Mac, I had three people offer to send me money including one person that was willing to make up the entire difference between my church’s $800 budget and a new Mac. Crazy. I said, ‘No,’ but now, I’m a little tempted.
On Saturday night, I updated my Facebook status with this note:
Eugene is having a moment of weakness and thinking of getting a Mac…
and started laughing my head off at the responses that came in. Here’s a sample of some of the spiritual battle between PC vs. Macs. Feel free to add you comical lines.
- that is a divine urging🙂
- that is a moment of strength!🙂
- that is a moment of divine inspiration🙂
- it is lent, now is the time to stand strong to your convictions.
- Yes, you are confused because you are obviously having a moment of strength my friend. You can’t fully be relevant until you have a Mac.
- i mean, Lent is all about repentance, right? :D
- Just think: Microsoft will call you for their next commercial: “I’m a hip pastor with rimmed glasses, and I’m a PC”
- Blessed are those who are poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of mac… I mean God.🙂
- I know those apples are all shiny and beautiful, but consider this:2 Corinthians 11:14– “…[even] Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.”
- PC’s represent the Dark Side, not the Mac.
- Don’t worry Adam and Eve were also tempted by apples, although they fell i believe you will stand strong
- Kindly show me the scriptural reference that designates the fruit eaten by Adam and Eve as apples!
- Hey, church tradition is coming back like the mustache, and church tradition says it’s an apple
- You shouldn’t quelch the Spirit……get the MAC
And here’s one more to close:
PS, it doesn’t matter what kind of computer you have.
the voice of reason.