the perfect valentine’s day gift

I want to wish everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day.  In my opinion, it is one of the most ludicrous days.  But just in case you’re wondering what I got for my wife for Valentine’s Day, here it is.

Enjoy.  And for the record, it’s on sale right now on Overstock for $29.99.  It’s not too late fellas to get one of your woman.

Is this creepy or what?

I really want to know who has these ideas and who gives the green light to bring these to production.  And I was just kidding above.  This wasn’t my gift…I gave her a real hug.

022508hugme

And in action:

mla10048158

847-mds_23db4embeddedprod_affiliate56-1

Filed under: , ,

1. Randall says:

I want one, is there a version for guys?

…and my birthday is coming up…

2. pjchris says:

Oh PE, that is soooooo wrong. I hope you did better on the anniversary gift 😉

3. Tyler says:

hahahahaha im dying right now. unbelievable!

4. Ashley Park says:

i think wayne would really enjoy that..of course a version for guys..hahahh…

5. wayne park says:

very funny wife. actually Overstock molded that after my all-embracing arms for u. xx

6. jason says:

OMG…that is sooo wrong…sooo cheesy….and yet…

7. eugenecho says:

@pjrchris: it wasn’t too much better since i had just returned from africa and was pretty sick and vomitaceous.

8. Brittany says:

UMM…I totally own one of those…I am not proud of it and it was a gift but I keep it by my bed and it is a great conversation starter…or way to creep someone out

9. Peter says:

What’s creepy is the guy in the speedo

10. Rebecca says:

Oh no. No no no. Please tell me no one is that desperate.

Although, in college every girl wanted a “husband”: http://www.bedlounge.com/bedlounge/uses/husbandpillow.html

Comfy, but less creepy.

11. Too funny. I’m getting one, well not really. Different. All good.

12. The Chiz says:

I never understood the Depravity part of the blog…. Until now.

13. JB says:

Does it fart? Because it can’t be a really good simulation if it doesn’t fart.

14. cho mama says:

honey, i want this…:P

15. Kari Byrd says:

I agree – it’s a ludicrous day, indeed.

In our culture, we can be so obsessed with the "spectacular" or "glamorous." The Church often engagws in thia language and paradigm...but what if God has called many of us to small, ordinary things?

Will we still be faithful?
Will we still go about such things with great love and joy?

I recently came across this picture taken by @mattylew, one of our church staff...and I started tearing up: This is my mother; in her 70s; with realities of some disabilities that make it difficult for her to stand up and sit down...but here she is on her knees and prostate in prayer. She doesn't have any social media accounts, barely knows how to use her smartphone, doesn't have a platform, hasn't written a book, doesn't have any titles in our church, isn't listed as a leader or an expert or a consultant or a guru. But she simply seeks to do her best - by God's grace - to be faithful to God. She prays for hours every day inteceding for our family, our church, and the larger world.

Even if we're not noticed or celebrated or elevated...let's be faithful. Our greatest calling as followers of Christ is to be faithful. Not spectacular. Not glamorous. Not popular. Not relevant. And not even successful in the eyes of the world.

Be faithful. Amen. #notetoself (and maybe helpful for someone else)

At times, we have to say ‘NO’ to good things to say ‘YES’ to the most important things.

We can't do it all.
Pray and choose wisely.
Then invest deeply. May our compassion not just be limited to the West or to those that look like us. Lifting up the people of Iraq, Iran, and Kurdistan in prayer after the 7.3 earthquake - including the many new friends I met on a recent trip to Iraq.

The death toll rises to over 400 and over 7,000 injured in multiple cities and hundreds of villages along the Western border with Iraq.

Lord, in your mercy... We are reminded again and again...that we are Resurrection People living in a Dark Friday world.

It's been a tough, emotional, and painful week - especially as we lament the horrible tragedy of the church shootings at Sutherland Springs. In the midst of this lament, I've been carried by the hope, beauty, and promise of our baptisms last Sunday and the raw and honest testimonies of God's mercy, love, and grace.

Indeed, God is not yet done. May we take heart for Christ has overcome the world. "Without genuine relationships with the poor, we rob them of their dignity and they become mere projects. And God did not intend for anyone to become our projects." Grateful this quote from my book, Overrated, is resonating with so many folks - individuals and  NGOs. / design by @preemptivelove .
May we keep working