the perfect valentine’s day gift

I want to wish everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day.  In my opinion, it is one of the most ludicrous days.  But just in case you’re wondering what I got for my wife for Valentine’s Day, here it is.

Enjoy.  And for the record, it’s on sale right now on Overstock for $29.99.  It’s not too late fellas to get one of your woman.

Is this creepy or what?

I really want to know who has these ideas and who gives the green light to bring these to production.  And I was just kidding above.  This wasn’t my gift…I gave her a real hug.

022508hugme

And in action:

mla10048158

847-mds_23db4embeddedprod_affiliate56-1

Filed under: , ,

1. Randall says:

I want one, is there a version for guys?

…and my birthday is coming up…

2. pjchris says:

Oh PE, that is soooooo wrong. I hope you did better on the anniversary gift 😉

3. Tyler says:

hahahahaha im dying right now. unbelievable!

4. Ashley Park says:

i think wayne would really enjoy that..of course a version for guys..hahahh…

5. wayne park says:

very funny wife. actually Overstock molded that after my all-embracing arms for u. xx

6. jason says:

OMG…that is sooo wrong…sooo cheesy….and yet…

7. eugenecho says:

@pjrchris: it wasn’t too much better since i had just returned from africa and was pretty sick and vomitaceous.

8. Brittany says:

UMM…I totally own one of those…I am not proud of it and it was a gift but I keep it by my bed and it is a great conversation starter…or way to creep someone out

9. Peter says:

What’s creepy is the guy in the speedo

10. Rebecca says:

Oh no. No no no. Please tell me no one is that desperate.

Although, in college every girl wanted a “husband”: http://www.bedlounge.com/bedlounge/uses/husbandpillow.html

Comfy, but less creepy.

11. Too funny. I’m getting one, well not really. Different. All good.

12. The Chiz says:

I never understood the Depravity part of the blog…. Until now.

13. JB says:

Does it fart? Because it can’t be a really good simulation if it doesn’t fart.

14. cho mama says:

honey, i want this…:P

15. Kari Byrd says:

I agree – it’s a ludicrous day, indeed.

Back safely from Iraq, Lebanon, and Jordan. Thanks for your prayers.
I have numerous stories to share but for now, the following came up in every conversation with Iraqi/Syrian refugees:

1 Have tea with us. Or coffee. Or juice. Or something with lots of sugar in it. Or better yet, all of the above.
2 We want peace. We want security.
3 We hate ISIS.
4 We just want to go home.
5 Please don't forget us.

Please don't forget them... Father, please bless and protect these Iraqi and Syrian "refugee" children that have already endured so much. Protect their hearts and mind from unfathomable trauma. Plant seeds of hope and vision in their lives. And as we pray for them, teach us how to advocate for them. Amen. "We don't call them refugees. We call them relatives. We don't call them camps but centers. Dignity is so important." -  local Iraqi priest whose church has welcomed many "relatives" to their church's property

It's always a privilege to be invited into peoples' home for tea - even if it's a temporary tent. This is an extended Yezidi family that fled the Mosul, Iraq area because of ISIS. It's indeed true that Christians were targeted by ISIS and thatbstory muat be shared but other minority groups like the Yezidis were also targeted. Some of their heartbreaking stories included the kidnapping of their sister. They shared that their father passed away shortly of a "broken heart." The conversation was emotional but afterwards, we asked each other for permission to take photos. Once the selfies came out, the real smiles came out.

So friends: Pray for Iraq. Pray for the persecuted Church. Pray for Christians, minority groups like the Yezidis who fear they will e completely wiped out in the Middle East,, and Muslims alike who are all suffering under ISIS. Friends: I'm traveling in the Middle East this week - Iraq, Lebanon, and Jordan. (Make sure you follow my pics/stories on IG stories). Specifically, I'm here representing @onedayswages to meet, learn, and listen to pastors, local leaders, NGOs, and of course directly from refugees from within these countries - including many from Syria.

For security purposes, I haven't been able to share at all but I'm now able to start sharing some photos and stories. For now, I'll be sharing numerous photos through my IG stories and will be sharing some longer written pieces in couple months when ODW launches another wave of partnerships to come alongside refugees in these areas. Four of us are traveling together also for the purpose of creating a short documentary that we hope to release early next year.

While I'm on my church sabbatical, it's truly a privilege to be able to come to these countries and to meet local pastors and indigenous leaders that tirelessly pursue peace and justice, and to hear directly from refugees. I've read so many various articles and pieces over the years and I thought I was prepared but it has been jarring, heartbreaking,  and gut wrenching. In the midst of such chaos, there's hope but there's also a lot of questions, too.

I hope you follow along as I share photos, stories, and help release this mini-documentary. Please tag friends that might be interested.

Please pray for safety, for empathy, for humility and integrity, for divine meetings. Pray that we listen well; To be present and not just be a consumer of these vulnerable stories. That's my biggest prayer.

Special thanks to @worldvisionusa and @worldrelief for hosting us on this journey. 9/11
Never forget.
And never stop working for peace.

Today, I had some gut wrenching and heart breaking conversations about war, violence, and peacemaking. Mostly, I listened. Never in my wildest imagination did I envision having these conversations on 9/11 of all days. I wish I could share more now but I hope to later after I process them for a few days.

But indeed: Never forget.
And never stop working for peace.
May it be so. Amen. Mount Rainier is simply epic. There's nothing like flying in and out of Seattle.

#mountrainier
#seattle
#northwestisbest

• Boom. Final fishing trip. Grateful. A nice way to end my 3 month sabbatical. #catchandrelease twitter.com/i/web/status/9… || 20 hours ago
  • Christians: May we be guided by the Scriptures that remind us, "Seek first the Kingdom of God" and not, "Seek first the kingdom of America." || 21 hours ago
  • Every convo with Iraqi/Syrian refugees included: 1 Have tea with us 2 We want peace 3 We hate ISIS 4 We want to go home 5 Don't forget us || 3 days ago
  • Back safely from Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan to assess @OneDaysWages' partnerships & to film mini-documentary on refugee crisis. So many emotions. || 3 days ago
  • Pray for Mexico. For those mourning loved ones. For those fighting for life - even under rubbles. For rescue workers. Lord, in your mercy. || 3 days ago
  • Don't underestimate what God can do through you. God has a very long history of using foolish and broken people for His purposes and glory. || 6 days ago