the perfect valentine’s day gift

I want to wish everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day.  In my opinion, it is one of the most ludicrous days.  But just in case you’re wondering what I got for my wife for Valentine’s Day, here it is.

Enjoy.  And for the record, it’s on sale right now on Overstock for $29.99.  It’s not too late fellas to get one of your woman.

Is this creepy or what?

I really want to know who has these ideas and who gives the green light to bring these to production.  And I was just kidding above.  This wasn’t my gift…I gave her a real hug.

022508hugme

And in action:

mla10048158

847-mds_23db4embeddedprod_affiliate56-1

Filed under: , ,

1. Randall says:

I want one, is there a version for guys?

…and my birthday is coming up…

2. pjchris says:

Oh PE, that is soooooo wrong. I hope you did better on the anniversary gift 😉

3. Tyler says:

hahahahaha im dying right now. unbelievable!

4. Ashley Park says:

i think wayne would really enjoy that..of course a version for guys..hahahh…

5. wayne park says:

very funny wife. actually Overstock molded that after my all-embracing arms for u. xx

6. jason says:

OMG…that is sooo wrong…sooo cheesy….and yet…

7. eugenecho says:

@pjrchris: it wasn’t too much better since i had just returned from africa and was pretty sick and vomitaceous.

8. Brittany says:

UMM…I totally own one of those…I am not proud of it and it was a gift but I keep it by my bed and it is a great conversation starter…or way to creep someone out

9. Peter says:

What’s creepy is the guy in the speedo

10. Rebecca says:

Oh no. No no no. Please tell me no one is that desperate.

Although, in college every girl wanted a “husband”: http://www.bedlounge.com/bedlounge/uses/husbandpillow.html

Comfy, but less creepy.

11. Too funny. I’m getting one, well not really. Different. All good.

12. The Chiz says:

I never understood the Depravity part of the blog…. Until now.

13. JB says:

Does it fart? Because it can’t be a really good simulation if it doesn’t fart.

14. cho mama says:

honey, i want this…:P

15. Kari Byrd says:

I agree – it’s a ludicrous day, indeed.

Preach the Gospel at all times and sometimes...use signs.

Really loved this sign from one of our church congregants at the women's march.

Counter cultural. Subversive.
Life giving. Good news. To support both the equality of women and the dignity of the unborn feels like a very lonely place to be but I know we're not alone. May we press on. And may we lead with hope.

I'm at the Women's March in Seattle to show my solidarity with my wife, my mothers, my daughters, and the female congregants of my church. I'm also here to model for my son what we believe in our home. Many people have already expressed their disappointment, dismay, and disgust with my decision. Such is life. We will always disappoint someone. And that's also a lot of words that begin with "d." I'm here not because I agree or disagree with every single statement or sign at this march (although I really liked this one) but because as a Christian, I believe in the fundamental truth that women are fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God. They are to be valued, heard, and respected.

And because I believe we can't be a flourishing society without the flourishing of women. And because the Church cannot be the Church without the gifts and voices of women. All the gifts of women.

And in doing so, may we together honor the sanctity of life - from womb to tomb. Collaboration.

col·lab·o·ra·tion
kəˌlabəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun

the action of working with someone or a group of others  to produce or create something.

May we hold our logos, egos, and tribalism have their place. May we hold them loosely for they too shall pass. May we collaborate for the sake of the greater Kingdom of God ... which endures forever. As we honor Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., don't forget the God behind the man. The one true God who deposited this dream into MLK is still speaking to us today. Are we listening?

Be courageous. Be brave.

Being invited by the King Family to speak at the MLK worship service at Ebenezer Baptist Church in 2016 remains one of the most unexpected honors of my life. On the right is his daughter, Dr. Bernice King and his sister, Dr. Christine King Farris. Walking throughstreet markets in different parts of the world is the best. Soaking in the culture. Listening to the local language and music. Enjoying the amazing cuisine. Meeting new friends. Praying for the Gospel to penetrate. #ChiangRai Blessed be the local, indigenous leaders for it is they who live in the very communities they seek to love. For it is they who understand their context and culture...better than a Westerner ever will. For it is they who will continue to tenaciously pursue a better world with hope, justice and love when visitors like me leave.

Yes, blessed be the local, indigenous leaders.

• Preach the Gospel at all times and sometimes...use signs. Countercultural. Subversive. Life giving. Truth. - instagram.com/p/BPlwJneBSiW/ || 4 hours ago
  • Really loved this sign from the women's march from one of our church congregants. Counter cultural. Subversive. L… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 1 day ago
  • To support both the equality of women & the dignity of the unborn can be lonely but we're not alone. Lead with hope: instagram.com/p/BPjMGTOhMjL/ || 1 day ago
  • To support both the equality of women & the dignity of the unborn feels like a very lonely place to be but we're not alone. May we press on. || 1 day ago
  • Going to the Women's March in Seattle bc as a Christian, I believe women are fearfully and wonderfully made and are to be heard & respected. || 1 day ago
  • Christians: May we be guided by the Scriptures that remind us, "Seek first the Kingdom of God" and not, "Seek first the kingdom of America." || 1 day ago