the perfect valentine’s day gift

I want to wish everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day.  In my opinion, it is one of the most ludicrous days.  But just in case you’re wondering what I got for my wife for Valentine’s Day, here it is.

Enjoy.  And for the record, it’s on sale right now on Overstock for $29.99.  It’s not too late fellas to get one of your woman.

Is this creepy or what?

I really want to know who has these ideas and who gives the green light to bring these to production.  And I was just kidding above.  This wasn’t my gift…I gave her a real hug.

022508hugme

And in action:

mla10048158

847-mds_23db4embeddedprod_affiliate56-1

Filed under: , ,

1. Randall says:

I want one, is there a version for guys?

…and my birthday is coming up…

2. pjchris says:

Oh PE, that is soooooo wrong. I hope you did better on the anniversary gift 😉

3. Tyler says:

hahahahaha im dying right now. unbelievable!

4. Ashley Park says:

i think wayne would really enjoy that..of course a version for guys..hahahh…

5. wayne park says:

very funny wife. actually Overstock molded that after my all-embracing arms for u. xx

6. jason says:

OMG…that is sooo wrong…sooo cheesy….and yet…

7. eugenecho says:

@pjrchris: it wasn’t too much better since i had just returned from africa and was pretty sick and vomitaceous.

8. Brittany says:

UMM…I totally own one of those…I am not proud of it and it was a gift but I keep it by my bed and it is a great conversation starter…or way to creep someone out

9. Peter says:

What’s creepy is the guy in the speedo

10. Rebecca says:

Oh no. No no no. Please tell me no one is that desperate.

Although, in college every girl wanted a “husband”: http://www.bedlounge.com/bedlounge/uses/husbandpillow.html

Comfy, but less creepy.

11. Too funny. I’m getting one, well not really. Different. All good.

12. The Chiz says:

I never understood the Depravity part of the blog…. Until now.

13. JB says:

Does it fart? Because it can’t be a really good simulation if it doesn’t fart.

14. cho mama says:

honey, i want this…:P

15. Kari Byrd says:

I agree – it’s a ludicrous day, indeed.

Nothing grows by itself. If something matters to us, may we be intentional about growing it.

Invest. Pray. Plant. Water. Nurture. Repeat. God sees and knows us. In fact, God knows everything about us.

Not just the good we try so hard to project but even the mess we often seek to hide.

Let this soak in: Not only are we fully known but in Christ, we are fully pursued and loved.

This is grace.
Amazing grace. Hairstyles change. Sideburn fads come and go but may our commitment to love, honor, respect, and be on mission together for Christ never waver.

Thank you, Minhee. I love you so much even if you made fun of my hairstyle and sideburns. I missed you, Seattle. Grateful for a time to pray, rest, retreat, read, reflect, and sabbath. I've spent the last 12 days in the woods alone. Competely alone. It's been both haunting and refreshing. Haunting because of loneliness. Refreshing because through the silence, I am reminded - again - that I'm not alone. Emmanuel.

Also, bought myself a cheap kayak and loving the solitude time in nature. Also, the kayak is paying instant dividends in my bass fishing game. #sabbathrest #bassfishing #catchandrelease There's nothing selfish about rest and self-care. We can't give what we don't have. Experience life and we'll be life-giving to others. Amen.

#NoteToSelf