video interview with scot mcknight

One of my goals this year is to read 23 books and many of you shared some of the books you’re hoping to read this year in an earlier post.  I had the cool privilege of running into Scot McKnight recently – author of Jesus Creed and The Blue Parakeet [which is on my list].  He also happens to be one of my favorite bloggers although I suspect he may be taking steroids.  How else can he produce so many posts for his blog?  Random test, I say.

But stupidity got the best of me during the interview and I made a bet with him I simply don’t have much confidence in.  The Bet:  Chicago Cubs vs. Seattle Mariners.  Who will win the most games?  Loser sends a pound of “home” coffee to the other.

Here’s the interview about Scot, blogging, the 100-300 or so books he reads in a year, and his latest book advocating for the ‘Third Way’ of reading the Scriptures:

Filed under: bible, christianity, church, emerging church, ministry, pastors, ,

1. Tyler says:

great stuff.

funny to hear two fans brag on their teams.

2. eugenecho says:

i love what kristen, scot’s wife, wrote on fbook:

“Get that Stumptown coffee ready to send, Eugene!”

3. Jon says:

Great stuff! Thanks for posting this.

4. goldfearsnofire says:

you must be the only pastor i know with a professional camera man following him around! thanks for posting this eugene, it was fun watching the two of you guys interact.

5. eugenecho says:

@goldfearsnofire:

the wonders of a point and shoot camera.

heard you’re ripping up the hoops in germany.

6. […] want to spread rumors but I’m pretty sure she’s on steroids too…just like Scot McKnight. […]

7. […] and the Fish.’  You may also be interested in checking out my recent video interviews with Scot McKnight and Phyllis […]

Desert hiking. Made it. Barely. But worth it. Such are many of life's challenges. Sabbath. Soaking in a desert sunset. A new experience and interestingly, very spiritual. Happy Earth Day. Enjoyed this epic hike through the woods last weekend with my family. "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.” - Isaiah 55:12 Soaking in this view and taking a moment to pray for our nation. God's creation has a way of reminding me that no matter my worries, God is greater. #selah Nature and hiking with my bride. Sorry for the PDA. I'm getting too old to hold back.
Being immersed in creation is the best way to recover from jetlag and process the intense trip to learn/hear the stories of Syrian refugees in the Middle East. * Bonus advice: Making your kids take the photo and insist on several shots at several angles at the perfect sunlight might be the best form of entertainment for parents.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,405 other followers