If you can’t tell already, I enjoy blogging. After couple failed attempts, I started blogging regularly in July 2006. It’s instant publishing without having to go through book proposals and such…although I still am in love with ‘print.’ By now, most of you know why I blog and in the near future, I’ll share with you ‘how I blog.‘
But as I look back on this past year, I realized what a l…o…n…g year it was. There were some stuff I blogged about I had forgotten happened this year. But since it’s the season to look back, I put together a list of my “I’m Glad I Wrote This” posts and a second list of stuff that made me laugh. Amongst other stuff, two important things that make a good blog are 1] content and 2] comments/community. I’ve tried to do my part to share honest, engaging, and some substantive content and you’ve certainly done your part to build the community through your comments.
In no particular order, here’s a list of some of my “I’m Glad I wrote this” posts. Feel free to share stuff you’ve written
- Loudly Fighting Poverty: Reason why Minhee and I chose to go public with our poverty initiative. This has been the source of most of the criticism I’ve received this year. Just trying to live out our convictions as humbly and passionately as we can.
- Let’s Kiss and Make Up: Presidential elections are over. Time to kiss, reconcile, and work together.
- What is your Car Porn? We all struggle with some sort of porn, right? I like cars.
- How I’m Voting: Umm, pretty self explanatory. Rather than focusing on people or parties, shared some stuff about issues… Wished some individuals didn’t leave the church though.
- The Abortion Conversation: I just copied and pasted and let folks share…and share they did.
- I like Sarah Palin but Not in that Way: Strange how many people emailed me because of this post and how many people chose to remove me as their “friend” on Facebook. Those darn liberals are funny sometimes.🙂
- My Slanted Eyes are Beautiful: I have to include at least one post on Race, Racism and Racialization. This occurred smack in the middle of the Olympics.
- My Pastor is a Janitor: Not too many comments but enjoyed writing and sharing about our church’s custodian who happens to be a pastor of another church.
- Stay at Home Dads are Safe From Hell: Trying to go to bat for those men that stay at home to take care of their kids. I still owe a sequel to this post.
- My Conversation with Rob Bell: Had a conversation about ‘women and leadership’ with Rob Bell without actually talking to him. Can’t believe this took place this past year.
- The Hope in S. C. Chapman’s Family Tragedy: One of the most read posts. Eventually wrote an article for the Seattle Post Intelligencer on the [hope in the midst of] tragedy.
- Ultimate Fighting Jesus: While people are afraid of the emasculation of men, I’m more afraid of the ‘what.the.hell.are.you.doing.sculation’ of Jesus. But that’s just me.
- Church, Gay Marriage, and Prop 8: Again, sometimes it’s just best to give people a venue to have respectful conversations and step aside.
Here’s my Top 5 Off-Topic Posts:
- Why the iPhone Sucks: I hate because I acknowledge I have Tech-Envy and the iPhone embarrasses my Palm Treo.
- The Big Question: Mac or PC: Wow. People really have strong feelings about their computers.
- 10 Reasons why Men Should not be Ordained for Ministry: Meant to be a satire and it wasn’t even my list but kinda blew up.
- Pee Pee: Biblical reasons why real men pee standing up.
- Thou Shalt Not Dance Like This: My favorite video. Whenever I need a pick me up, I watch this video.