the greatest christian video & dance

I’ve shared this before but it’s too good not to share at least yearly. After seeing it again for the 500th time, I am convinced this is the GREATEST christian video & dance. Truth be told, they got some moves but at the same time, it’s eerie but wonderful. Strange but enticing. Awkward but fluid.

Watch…and wait…for the solo dance. It’s priceless.

Filed under: church, religion

1. deborah7 says:

What ?
    Iaim Healed Healthy and Whole Read Bro
    Harold Hill. I aim living walking Gods Word.
    God showed up. Do not here what we do with what we
    are to have as Prosperity Seekers. Tithe Bro God answers.
    Do not by todays GodSpill!

2. Becka (BAM) says:

wow – I especially like the twirls they do with their arms in the air.

3. Huh? says:

What in the world is this?

When was this? I hope this wasn’t anything in the past 10 years.

4. Assentia says:

Ew. Pass the barfbag.

Seriously, those people should get themselves a career and save their church the embarrassment.

5. DK says:

What are you people laughing about! The audience loved it and that’s what matters.

6. blake says:

what a ripoff.

completely stole those dance moves from vanilla ice.

only vanilla can pull those moves off. to the extreme!

7. Linda says:

@DK: I think you meant if God loved it, then that’s all that matters 🙂 But if He got as creeped out as I did, then i don’t know

They’re quite synchronized though, so they got that going for them…

8. Chris says:

This is a group called The Way International (cult? maybe from their lit), from a concert done in March 2007 http://www.theway.org/Current/M07/Mar07Hi.html

There are several other songs posted on that link, but if it’s creep factor you’re looking for, then ‘He’s Our Promised Seed’ is the way to go! http://www.theway.org/Current/M07/Mar07Hi2.html

This series of videos gives me great hope for longevity as an almost-50 worship band member!!

9. chad m says:

if i could only pull that off at a youth event i might win “youth pastor of the year,” if that existed of course! i was wondering why the dude didn’t have a mic to hold until i saw the solo dance…

look our Napoleon Dynomite…

10. LT says:

geez eugene…i never in my wildest dreams expected that performance! hilarious!!! i think quest needs to revamp their moves…or maybe the speaking pastor should do a solo interpretive dance every sunday. please don’t forget to moonwalk tho!

11. GN says:

I can’t stop watching this. I’m hypnotized! We’ve gotta do this in church, PE. We could pull it off, I promise! I’d work super hard just for you. Hahahaha…

12. Sarah H says:

We’ll be back for Christmas and we’ll be at Quest on the 21st. Do you think you’ll have a performance like that ready?

13. Melissa says:

What are you saying? I’m a professional dancer. I could totally pull that off!

(not that I EVER would!)

14. eugenecho says:

@sarah h: we’ll work on it. going to get capt ralph and your mom-in-law involved in that dance.

@melissa: hey, i have confidence in you. it’s the chism i have doubts about.

15. leochen says:

gag! I couldn’t finish watching it!

16. LG says:

I just threw up in my mouth a little…but I still have one question…is that guy single???

17. I don’t get it. Why all the hate? That was awesome! I’m practicing the moves as we speak. That’s gotta be the coolest dance since this one.

You guys wouldn’t know cool if it bit you in the foot.

Grace and Peace,
    Raffi

18. Tony says:

That was strangely both absolutely amazing and extremely embarrassing at the same time… don’t hate PE! That man was gettin down! For God! Or something.

19. I am with those who say, “Wow, that’s awful” and also with those who say “If it’s sincere, that’s what matters.” Completely reminds me of the Celebrant Singers (which we ridiculed as the “Celibate Singes” at my Christian college). Have a great day, Eugene and Minhee!

20. Jim Chen says:

Hahahaha, just goes to show that GOD is funny.

21. Rachael Darden says:

PE!

Classic! Beautiful! I love this.

But wait, there’s more. If it’s amazing Christian worship / dancefest you’re looking for, then this is for you:

It’s not as choreographed, but oh man, the song is priceless.

And remember: Jesus will zap you anyway he can. Zap. (You’ll understand once you watch the video.

22. eugenecho says:

@rachel: yes, i’ve seen that one. that one is nice too but the one featured on this blog entry is from 2007.

23. Joel says:

Ha wow, this is…amazing. In a very odd way.
    My favorite part is the deacon drummer in the back. He looks so excited to be there!
    Also, there is some debate as to whether that SonSeed video (that rachael posted) is legit or not amongst the internet.

24. Randall says:

…from 2007?

Excuse me, I believe my jaw just fell into the basement.

25. katie says:

funny that all of their songs are about Christ…even though they don’t believe that He is God.

I want to know how old the blonde girl is…and how they possibly convinced her to be a part of this concert or wear those clothes.

26. gregwheeler says:

Holy crap. I just hope that, looking back, those people are suitably embarrassed.

27. Andy says:

Lawrence Welk meets The 700 Club?

28. Holy cow! hahaha. That’s too funny!

29. Melanie says:

That did sort of remind me of when I used to watch Lawrence Welk with my Gram.
    They worked really hard – it was cute! (OK, but I don’t have speakers on my computer…)

30. […] thou shalt not dance…like this I really don’t know what to say.  But you have to watch this video of what I can only call “Thou Shalt Not […] […]

31. jHong says:

uhhh i just want to say, for the record, that is NOT what the ‘britney’ mic is for. let’s not get any big ideas.

and let’s not start any more rap battles either. i felt i had to repent for DEVASTATING my pastor so hardcore the last time. have you recovered yet? i’ve been interceding on your behalf.
    😀

32. Rebecca says:

See, we had this discussion as a worship advisory council, when we were talking about how our worship should reflect the Quest vision to be a multiethnic church. But we decided that until we have someone with actual dance moves (not hating on George and Mattsy, but let’s be reasonable) we would stick with the talents that God had given us. Melissa might be able to pull it off, but I dunno about the rest of us.

33. Rachael says:

Okay, you win: 2007! Wow.

34. Bethany says:

@LG: YES, he is single.

35. john says:

i’ve seen this before and every time i watch it i’m left completely speechless…

@ Rachael: i sort of like the vintage/retro Jesus thing.

ha~

36. janowen says:

just to make you feel a little bit better, The Way International is really a cult I think. While they believe in Jesus, they don’t believe he is the Son of God, or God in any way…….

Just fyi.

37. tygersounds says:

That Joel Osteen can really cut the rug.

38. laurel says:

the ___ is the key? i can’t understand what they are saying…

39. The Chiz says:

I don’t know PE, I feel a Paradigm Shift coming on!!!! We still have a Flag Dance fund in the budget, right?

40. […] and busy that I needed to watch this video below again to get me on track.  Many of you expressed your appreciation for the video last […]

41. OMG – please tell me this was on SNL and not really performed in a church somewhere!

Make sure to fast forward to 1:50 for the “spiritual climax.” Nothing says spiritual enlightenment like really bad popping & locking…and singing…and outfits…

Grateful. Still reflecting on the letters that I've received from classmates and students that have come before me and after me. Never imagined all that God would have in store for me. Lots of humbling things but in the midst of them, there were literally thousands upon thousands of daily decisions and choices to be faithful. That's what matters. Seen or unseen. Noticed or unnoticed. You do your best and sometimes you stumble and fumble along but nevertheless, seeking to be faithful.

Also, you know you're getting old when your school honors you with a Distinguished Alumni Award. Lol. 47 is the new 27. Or something like that. Here's to the next 47. In our culture, we can be so obsessed with the "spectacular" or "glamorous." The Church often engagws in thia language and paradigm...but what if God has called many of us to small, ordinary things?

Will we still be faithful?
Will we still go about such things with great love and joy?

I recently came across this picture taken by @mattylew, one of our church staff...and I started tearing up: This is my mother; in her 70s; with realities of some disabilities that make it difficult for her to stand up and sit down...but here she is on her knees and prostate in prayer. She doesn't have any social media accounts, barely knows how to use her smartphone, doesn't have a platform, hasn't written a book, doesn't have any titles in our church, isn't listed as a leader or an expert or a consultant or a guru. But she simply seeks to do her best - by God's grace - to be faithful to God. She prays for hours every day inteceding for our family, our church, and the larger world.

Even if we're not noticed or celebrated or elevated...let's be faithful. Our greatest calling as followers of Christ is to be faithful. Not spectacular. Not glamorous. Not popular. Not relevant. And not even successful in the eyes of the world.

Be faithful. Amen. #notetoself (and maybe helpful for someone else)

At times, we have to say ‘NO’ to good things to say ‘YES’ to the most important things.

We can't do it all.
Pray and choose wisely.
Then invest deeply. May our compassion not just be limited to the West or to those that look like us. Lifting up the people of Iraq, Iran, and Kurdistan in prayer after the 7.3 earthquake - including the many new friends I met on a recent trip to Iraq.

The death toll rises to over 400 and over 7,000 injured in multiple cities and hundreds of villages along the Western border with Iraq.

Lord, in your mercy... We are reminded again and again...that we are Resurrection People living in a Dark Friday world.

It's been a tough, emotional, and painful week - especially as we lament the horrible tragedy of the church shootings at Sutherland Springs. In the midst of this lament, I've been carried by the hope, beauty, and promise of our baptisms last Sunday and the raw and honest testimonies of God's mercy, love, and grace.

Indeed, God is not yet done. May we take heart for Christ has overcome the world. "Without genuine relationships with the poor, we rob them of their dignity and they become mere projects. And God did not intend for anyone to become our projects." Grateful this quote from my book, Overrated, is resonating with so many folks - individuals and  NGOs. / design by @preemptivelove