With no being fanfare, Quest celebrated our 7 year anniversary this weekend. We had some cake to mark these seven years. We had a big celebration at 5 years and will do another at 10 years but figured 7 was biblically important enough that we should at least have some cake.
I want to thank each person – past and present – for your friendship, partnership, and belief in what God has done through our church. To my estimation, there have been four signifanct “seasons” at Quest so I picked out some pics for each season including our living room about 7+ years ago where we gathered for our first meeting. Praise the Lord for his faithfulness…
Season 1 – The Planting of Quest Church. 2001-2002
- Significant Quote: “You don’t have to, you get to…”
- Most Difficult: Critical Mass – tough to get past ten people. Loneliness. Insecurity.
- Blessing: Minhee’s courage and the blessings and friendships of the few. Especially thankful to the handful of people that had the courage to join us and are still with us.
Season 2 – The Birth of Q Cafe. 2002-2003
- Significant Quote: “We exist not only for ourselves, but for others…” and “Cafe, Culture, Community.”
- Most Difficult: Starting another non-profit in the first year and having to raise $80K with 40-50 people. Stupid crazy.
- Blessing: Free coffee. The commitment to “be a good neighbor.”
Season 3 – The Growing Years. 2003-2006
- Significant Quote: ”Church sucks…but so do you.”
- Most difficult: Going from a face to face culture to three services and not knowing half the people you’re teaching and shepherding.
- Blessing: I don’t have to do it alone. Great staff. Great pastors. Great folks. All broken and all depraved but thank God for grace.
Season 4 – The Deepening Years. The Deepening of the Community. Interbay Church “giving itself to Quest Church.” Planting churches; sending out missionaries; global parnterships. 2007 – present
- Significant Quote: Change the World.
- Most Difficult: Being changed.
- Blessing: The gift of a new building and land through an amazing gift through Interbay.