god understands

In our cynical world, the words “God loves you” may sound trite, overused, and childish but nevertheless, it is the truth.  And so, I remind you again:  God loves you and He understands…

Check out this simple video of a 13 year old boy explaining God’s love.  So simple and profound…

Logan is a 13 year-old boy who lives on a ranch in a very small town in Nebraska. Logan listens to Christian Radio station 89.3FM KSBJ which broadcasts from Houston, TX. Logan called the radio station distraught because he had to take down a calf . His words have wisdom beyond his years.

Filed under: religion

1. DD says:

Well, okay. That’s nice little exchange between a radio guy with a deep, melodious voice and a young kid with breakfast waiting for him on the table — “Be there in a second, mom.” His sniffles and voice are touching … “ah, gee whiz.” Would that life and such wisdom came from touching utube videos. It rarely does.

I get, at least intellectually but only partially, the macro ideas of God … “Look what God did to his very own son. You see, God’s been there, too. So God must have a purpose in this. Don’t worry. He’ll show you.” The macro ideas make sense some of the time anyway, alhtough it’s not particularly comforting when bad things happen.

It’s the micro level of stuff that I find utterly stupefying. It’s baffling to me why God took the life of the 6-year-old son of my Zambian pastor friend. I have no idea why. The whole church fasted and prayed and begged God to spare the boy’s life and the child still died. I just don’t get it, not for a one second.

We see through a glass darkly, and a sweet little guy from Nebraska on utube really doesn’t make the water clearer.

2. Sue says:

DD,

I don’t think the video was shared to say that everything is perfect and clear to us. Just a reminder that while things are unclear to us, God still is in control.

3. chad m says:

wow.
    amazing insight into child-like faith.
    enough said.

4. Aaron says:

For some time these words did seem trite… now they seem profound. This is truth I will never comprehend.

5. eugenecho says:

@dd, good questions. the video doesn’t assuage my personal concerns and doubt it sometime encounter on the micro level and on occassion, the macro level. nearly every month, there’s some sort of crisis in the church community i have the privilege to be a part of.

and each time, i sense that while things don’t turn out the way that i or others want, i sense that nearness of God. it gives me peace.

but when that day comes, i will have many questions.

6. Jim C. says:

We don’t live in a perfect world. I never had anything like that happen in my life, DD, so I guess I don’t really understand. But from Scripture, I know that GOD is blameless and perfect. Please just trust Him.

A flood of thoughts rushed my mind.

Is she ready?
Have we done enough?
Have we taught her enough?
What if this? What if that?

And I came home.
And I wept.
Forget my street cred.
I miss her. I love her.
She will always be my little baby.

Happy life. - Eugenius 3:16

• Life has its share of pain but don't get down and cynical. Stay engaged. Self-care. Keep learning and growing. Remain hopeful. Be steadfast. || 44 minutes ago
  • The Gospel, not social justice, is our identity as believers but the Gospel compels us to love God/love people incl. work 4 the common good. || 1 day ago
  • Folks often ask me, "What is social justice?" "Social justice" are fancier words for "Give a Damn". || 1 day ago
  • RT @EugeneCho: Just met Edna, a sister-in-Christ. She's 90 years old. She met Jesus when she was 85. You're never too young or too old to f… || 1 day ago
  • Thank you @fullerfyi @KPowellFYI for this important resource about listening, engaging, and discipling young people: churchesgrowingyoung.com || 1 day ago
  • Just met Edna, a sister-in-Christ. She's 90 years old. She met Jesus when she was 85. You're never too young or too old to follow Christ. || 2 days ago