god understands

In our cynical world, the words “God loves you” may sound trite, overused, and childish but nevertheless, it is the truth.  And so, I remind you again:  God loves you and He understands…

Check out this simple video of a 13 year old boy explaining God’s love.  So simple and profound…

Logan is a 13 year-old boy who lives on a ranch in a very small town in Nebraska. Logan listens to Christian Radio station 89.3FM KSBJ which broadcasts from Houston, TX. Logan called the radio station distraught because he had to take down a calf . His words have wisdom beyond his years.

Filed under: religion

1. DD says:

Well, okay. That’s nice little exchange between a radio guy with a deep, melodious voice and a young kid with breakfast waiting for him on the table — “Be there in a second, mom.” His sniffles and voice are touching … “ah, gee whiz.” Would that life and such wisdom came from touching utube videos. It rarely does.

I get, at least intellectually but only partially, the macro ideas of God … “Look what God did to his very own son. You see, God’s been there, too. So God must have a purpose in this. Don’t worry. He’ll show you.” The macro ideas make sense some of the time anyway, alhtough it’s not particularly comforting when bad things happen.

It’s the micro level of stuff that I find utterly stupefying. It’s baffling to me why God took the life of the 6-year-old son of my Zambian pastor friend. I have no idea why. The whole church fasted and prayed and begged God to spare the boy’s life and the child still died. I just don’t get it, not for a one second.

We see through a glass darkly, and a sweet little guy from Nebraska on utube really doesn’t make the water clearer.

2. Sue says:

DD,

I don’t think the video was shared to say that everything is perfect and clear to us. Just a reminder that while things are unclear to us, God still is in control.

3. chad m says:

wow.
    amazing insight into child-like faith.
    enough said.

4. Aaron says:

For some time these words did seem trite… now they seem profound. This is truth I will never comprehend.

5. eugenecho says:

@dd, good questions. the video doesn’t assuage my personal concerns and doubt it sometime encounter on the micro level and on occassion, the macro level. nearly every month, there’s some sort of crisis in the church community i have the privilege to be a part of.

and each time, i sense that while things don’t turn out the way that i or others want, i sense that nearness of God. it gives me peace.

but when that day comes, i will have many questions.

6. Jim C. says:

We don’t live in a perfect world. I never had anything like that happen in my life, DD, so I guess I don’t really understand. But from Scripture, I know that GOD is blameless and perfect. Please just trust Him.

Minhee and I met these college boys when we first arrived in Seattle in 1997. They were part of our bible study that we led in our apartment for college students. They were also among the group of 7 people that helped start @seattlequest.

Much has changed in the world...but not their friendship and love. Thank you Jin and George. We love and honor you. These are crazy times in our country and larger world but nevertheless, we're going to keep pursuing the things that God has placed upon our hearts. We're pressing forward...doing our part to reflect mercy, compassion, and justice - locally and globally.

Wednesdays are my @onedayswages office day and I especially love the culmination of hard work for our interns, volunteers, 2 full-time staff, and board as we collaborate with our NGO partners. This week, we signed these checks as we granted out over $75,000 to provide better health care for mothers and their families in Mali and Nepal.

THANK YOU for making this possible Your classic play it cool because you're visiting your old stomping grounds at Princeton and pretend you're not cold but in actuality, you're freezing picture. 20 years, 2 weeks, and counting. What a journey with this woman. I love her...and I want to keep growing in love, honor, and respect. Great to catch up with @jlin7 in Brooklyn at the Nets game. Grateful for his partnership with @onedayswages to support our Girls' Empowerment Fund. The season hasn't been what he hoped for with major injuries...but we can't wait to see you back on the court soon and do what you do. Stay encouraged, brother. Thanks for your faithful witness for Christ. Playoffs! Let's go #11. Point Guard. Living my hoop dreams through my girl.

pc: ed tanaka

• Don't underestimate what God can do through you. God has a very long history of using foolish and broken people for His purposes and glory. || 10 hours ago
  • The statement,"Theology doesn't matter.I just want to love Jesus!" is in itself a theological statement & proof why theology really matters. || 21 hours ago
  • Never forget. 75 years ago today (2/19/42), the USA govt issued Executive Order 9066 to send 120,000 Japanese Ameri… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 2 days ago
  • Seeking justice is part of our discipleship. In other words, seek justice not just to change the world...but to be changed more like Christ. || 3 days ago
  • Honored to have @efremsmith at Quest Church tomorrow as we continue in our annual Faith and Race series. Join us. -… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 3 days ago
  • I rarely pray for the press but lately, praying 4 their honesty & courage. Whatever our political views, we need th… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 4 days ago