god understands

In our cynical world, the words “God loves you” may sound trite, overused, and childish but nevertheless, it is the truth.  And so, I remind you again:  God loves you and He understands…

Check out this simple video of a 13 year old boy explaining God’s love.  So simple and profound…

Logan is a 13 year-old boy who lives on a ranch in a very small town in Nebraska. Logan listens to Christian Radio station 89.3FM KSBJ which broadcasts from Houston, TX. Logan called the radio station distraught because he had to take down a calf . His words have wisdom beyond his years.

Filed under: religion

1. DD says:

Well, okay. That’s nice little exchange between a radio guy with a deep, melodious voice and a young kid with breakfast waiting for him on the table — “Be there in a second, mom.” His sniffles and voice are touching … “ah, gee whiz.” Would that life and such wisdom came from touching utube videos. It rarely does.

I get, at least intellectually but only partially, the macro ideas of God … “Look what God did to his very own son. You see, God’s been there, too. So God must have a purpose in this. Don’t worry. He’ll show you.” The macro ideas make sense some of the time anyway, alhtough it’s not particularly comforting when bad things happen.

It’s the micro level of stuff that I find utterly stupefying. It’s baffling to me why God took the life of the 6-year-old son of my Zambian pastor friend. I have no idea why. The whole church fasted and prayed and begged God to spare the boy’s life and the child still died. I just don’t get it, not for a one second.

We see through a glass darkly, and a sweet little guy from Nebraska on utube really doesn’t make the water clearer.

2. Sue says:

DD,

I don’t think the video was shared to say that everything is perfect and clear to us. Just a reminder that while things are unclear to us, God still is in control.

3. chad m says:

wow.
    amazing insight into child-like faith.
    enough said.

4. Aaron says:

For some time these words did seem trite… now they seem profound. This is truth I will never comprehend.

5. eugenecho says:

@dd, good questions. the video doesn’t assuage my personal concerns and doubt it sometime encounter on the micro level and on occassion, the macro level. nearly every month, there’s some sort of crisis in the church community i have the privilege to be a part of.

and each time, i sense that while things don’t turn out the way that i or others want, i sense that nearness of God. it gives me peace.

but when that day comes, i will have many questions.

6. Jim C. says:

We don’t live in a perfect world. I never had anything like that happen in my life, DD, so I guess I don’t really understand. But from Scripture, I know that GOD is blameless and perfect. Please just trust Him.

This was 10 years ago. I dominated my son in wrestling and I know what you're thinking, "How could you employ a rear chokehold armbar kimura on your own son?" Hey, a competition is a competition.

I love you, son. The world is broken. This ia a sad truth. But the story of redemption is not yet finished. God is not yet done. This is the ultimate Truth. Have hope. Press on. Ten years ago, I witnessed one of those "God things" when a church called Interbay Covenant Church gave itself, its legacy, and a building property worth $7 million dollars to @seattlequest. We were then only 5 years old.

Quest is an urban, multiethnic churchplant that started in 2001. We rented the facilities at Interbay Covenant Church - a predominantly older, mostly Anglo congregation with a rich 65 years history. After some time, Pastor Ray Bartel (senior pastor, Interbay) approached me with a "crazy idea" of Interbay "dying to itself and giving itself to Quest" for the sake of the greater Kingdom and the coming generations.

This eventually led to three years of many conversations and prayers. On June 3, 2007, the two churches officially came together to become one church. In giving itself, Interbay also shared their leadership, legacy, and stories. They also gave all of their assets without any strings and without any debt.

Their radical generosity and courage is what enabled Quest to grow - not just numerically - but deeper in discipleship, and deeper in missions - to the city of Seattle and beyond. On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of this merger, we created a short film (check my FB page to see the video) to tell the story - so that our church and the next generations may never forget and that the larger Church may be stirred and encouraged by a greater Kingdom vision.

Thank you, Interbay! The NBA season is over but the hustle and grind continues for my daughter. We argue sometimes but I love training my daughter. She's working hard for her senior year next year. Starting point guard. She's improved a lot. She's one of the quickest players on the floor and has a great midrange jumper. But trying to get her to keep working on her handles, using her off hand and shoulder to protect the ball,  staying and dribbling the ball lower to the ground, and playing aggressive and downhill while remaining in control. That's what we're working on this week. #hoopdreams #ChovarBall Reunited with my favorite elephant, Buh'loom. We bonded earlier this year and I'd like to think that she recognized my voice. Also, appreciate learning about ethical and sustainable eco-tourism. Anywhere. Everywhere. Night markets are the best.