god understands

In our cynical world, the words “God loves you” may sound trite, overused, and childish but nevertheless, it is the truth.  And so, I remind you again:  God loves you and He understands…

Check out this simple video of a 13 year old boy explaining God’s love.  So simple and profound…

Logan is a 13 year-old boy who lives on a ranch in a very small town in Nebraska. Logan listens to Christian Radio station 89.3FM KSBJ which broadcasts from Houston, TX. Logan called the radio station distraught because he had to take down a calf . His words have wisdom beyond his years.

Filed under: religion

1. DD says:

Well, okay. That’s nice little exchange between a radio guy with a deep, melodious voice and a young kid with breakfast waiting for him on the table — “Be there in a second, mom.” His sniffles and voice are touching … “ah, gee whiz.” Would that life and such wisdom came from touching utube videos. It rarely does.

I get, at least intellectually but only partially, the macro ideas of God … “Look what God did to his very own son. You see, God’s been there, too. So God must have a purpose in this. Don’t worry. He’ll show you.” The macro ideas make sense some of the time anyway, alhtough it’s not particularly comforting when bad things happen.

It’s the micro level of stuff that I find utterly stupefying. It’s baffling to me why God took the life of the 6-year-old son of my Zambian pastor friend. I have no idea why. The whole church fasted and prayed and begged God to spare the boy’s life and the child still died. I just don’t get it, not for a one second.

We see through a glass darkly, and a sweet little guy from Nebraska on utube really doesn’t make the water clearer.

2. Sue says:

DD,

I don’t think the video was shared to say that everything is perfect and clear to us. Just a reminder that while things are unclear to us, God still is in control.

3. chad m says:

wow.
    amazing insight into child-like faith.
    enough said.

4. Aaron says:

For some time these words did seem trite… now they seem profound. This is truth I will never comprehend.

5. eugenecho says:

@dd, good questions. the video doesn’t assuage my personal concerns and doubt it sometime encounter on the micro level and on occassion, the macro level. nearly every month, there’s some sort of crisis in the church community i have the privilege to be a part of.

and each time, i sense that while things don’t turn out the way that i or others want, i sense that nearness of God. it gives me peace.

but when that day comes, i will have many questions.

6. Jim C. says:

We don’t live in a perfect world. I never had anything like that happen in my life, DD, so I guess I don’t really understand. But from Scripture, I know that GOD is blameless and perfect. Please just trust Him.

Father - daughters bonding (and freezing) time at the Seahawks game. Grateful to the Panthers organization for the tickets. Now, go Hawks. Pound the Panthers. The family that karaokes together stays together. #ChoFamilyKPopFamily Family time in one of my favorite cities in the world - especially when the exchange rate is so favorable. Thank you, Vancouver, for being such a great refuge for our souls for the past 20 years. #QuestVancouver It's the day after...that day.
Be grateful. Again.
We woke up. We're alive.
Breathing. Dreaming.
Pursuing. Embodying. Loving.

Yes. Be grateful.
That you, Jesus.

Pastor Coby, Pastor Katey, Pam, Jalle, and Jasmin: We see you. We appreciate you. We are grateful for your presence and leadership at Quest and beyond. Thank you and all of our amazing volunteers

• Father/daughters bonding time at the Seahawks game. Grateful to the Panthers organization for the tix. Now, go Hawk… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 22 hours ago
  • "Genuine hope is not blind optimism. It is hope with open eyes, which sees the suffering and yet believes in the future." ~ Jürgen Moltmann || 1 day ago
  • They play against my Seahawks tomorrow but who cares. What a privilege to preach the Gospel at the Carolina Panther… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 1 day ago
  • We wait for Christ to return to restore all things but while we wait, we join and partner with God to work towards that restoration. #advent || 2 days ago
  • Washington Huskies. 2016 PAC-12 Champs! #WOOF || 2 days ago
  • If the grass feels greener on the other side, it might be the Holy Spirit reminding you to water the grass you're standing on. || 3 days ago