recycling gone bad

This re-post is dedicated to all my friends, congregants, blog readers, and websurfers that are advocating for all things Green.  Environmentalism and recyling is good…to an extent.

*****************************************************************

I’m all for simplicity. I’m all for resourcefulness. I’m all for recycling and re-utilizing old clothes for current usage.  But this is just not right…an example of recycling gone bad.

Can someone explain this?  Well, hope this gives you a good chuckle as you plug along this week…

new_tank_top.jpg

Filed under: entertainment

1. Jerry says:

It’s both funny and disturbing. Should I laugh or puke?

2. DK says:

At first, I couldn’t tell what the big deal was. And then, I dry heaved. I’m hoping that your assumption that it was recycled is off base.

3. leochen says:

Boxers or briefs? What does your sports bra says about you?

4. rexhamilton says:

Michael Jordan would be so proud to see the functionality of Hanes underwear!

5. Wayne Park says:

so that’s where my underwear went.

6. Matt says:

No way! That’s an iPod pocket on the back! Brilliant!

7. kay says:

Hahahaha! What was she thinking?!?

8. Kevin Davis says:

O’ how I laughed at that. Love and I have to make one of those.

9. Aaron says:

What else would you do if all your clothes are dirty and you have to go to the ho-down.

10. All you need is Mia Hamm as a celebrity endorser, and BOOM — instant trend.

In our culture, we can be so obsessed with the "spectacular" or "glamorous." The Church often engagws in thia language and paradigm...but what if God has called many of us to small, ordinary things?

Will we still be faithful?
Will we still go about such things with great love and joy?

I recently came across this picture taken by @mattylew, one of our church staff...and I started tearing up: This is my mother; in her 70s; with realities of some disabilities that make it difficult for her to stand up and sit down...but here she is on her knees and prostate in prayer. She doesn't have any social media accounts, barely knows how to use her smartphone, doesn't have a platform, hasn't written a book, doesn't have any titles in our church, isn't listed as a leader or an expert or a consultant or a guru. But she simply seeks to do her best - by God's grace - to be faithful to God. She prays for hours every day inteceding for our family, our church, and the larger world.

Even if we're not noticed or celebrated or elevated...let's be faithful. Our greatest calling as followers of Christ is to be faithful. Not spectacular. Not glamorous. Not popular. Not relevant. And not even successful in the eyes of the world.

Be faithful. Amen. #notetoself (and maybe helpful for someone else)

At times, we have to say ‘NO’ to good things to say ‘YES’ to the most important things.

We can't do it all.
Pray and choose wisely.
Then invest deeply. May our compassion not just be limited to the West or to those that look like us. Lifting up the people of Iraq, Iran, and Kurdistan in prayer after the 7.3 earthquake - including the many new friends I met on a recent trip to Iraq.

The death toll rises to over 400 and over 7,000 injured in multiple cities and hundreds of villages along the Western border with Iraq.

Lord, in your mercy... We are reminded again and again...that we are Resurrection People living in a Dark Friday world.

It's been a tough, emotional, and painful week - especially as we lament the horrible tragedy of the church shootings at Sutherland Springs. In the midst of this lament, I've been carried by the hope, beauty, and promise of our baptisms last Sunday and the raw and honest testimonies of God's mercy, love, and grace.

Indeed, God is not yet done. May we take heart for Christ has overcome the world. "Without genuine relationships with the poor, we rob them of their dignity and they become mere projects. And God did not intend for anyone to become our projects." Grateful this quote from my book, Overrated, is resonating with so many folks - individuals and  NGOs. / design by @preemptivelove .
May we keep working