Okay, maybe it’s not the first thing I would do as President of the most powerful nation in the world but it’s one of the things I’d like to do: Institute “uniforms” for students – from kindergarten to the culmination of high school. I’ve always liked the idea but being here in Korea where most of the students are in uniforms have rekindled my zeal for this campaign.
Here are some random reasons why I love the idea:
- Fashion doesn’t have to be about the have’s and have not’s. Everyone wears the same thing. This is my favorite reason. But I’m sure clothing retailers are conspiring even right now how to sue my arse. Down with Abercrombie and Fitch!
- Remember how brutal kids can be when they tease others because of fashion. Bullying may not stop but teasing because of fashion and clothing will.
- Think of kids beating up other kids for their new Air Jordans.
- Think of kids obsessing over Sperrys, Jordache jeans, Members Only jackets, etc… Those were some of the “In” stuff during my days as a teenager.
- Think of parents and how much they’d appreciate this – especially on tight budgets.
- Kids can focus on education – both in class and outside the class.
- Teaches our kids and youth about simplicity and common values. Indviduality is already heightened in the US culture. So, let’s focus on community. Do I sound communist?
The federal and/or local government provides and foots the cost of the uniforms. Perhaps for some of you who are liberal, we can insitutite providing 3 kinds of uniforms for variety. 2 sets of 3 uniforms – for different weather seasons? Uniforms would include: shoes, bottom, and top. Jackets would be a personal accessory.
- Seriously, what do you think about my uniform idea? Who’s behind it? Who’s voting for me for President? If not US president, how about school president?
- As president of the United States, what would you do or institute? Think non-serious. Please don’t bring up abortion or putting all men in jail.
- How about instituting Siesta?
- Four work days or at least Mandatory 3 day weekends every month?
- Mandatory participation of monthly block or neighbhorhood parties?
- Free ice cream giveaways every Monday?