We know that global poverty exists. We also know that it will always exists on some level but it doesn’t mean that it gives us a free pass to do nothing. Apathy is the enemy. Our vision for the soon to be made public organization focused on fighting global poverty seeks to invite and inspire the global community to join the fight against global poverty by creating a viral, grassroots, and global movement.
The video is a glimpse of what we’re envisioning and created for folks that don’t know who and what we’re hoping to do. Let us know what you think of the video. [Much gratitude to Mr. Roboto for helping put this video together].
We continue to get our share of criticism for going public with our decision and that’s understandeable. We’re simply asking for a chance to share our story and vision to those who have ears and hearts to hear. Nevertheless, I was very encouraged by this note that someone left on the wall of our Facebook Group:
those who have a sincere desire to help the poor can either give quietly & safely OR loudly & dangerously. it’s when we do that latter that we open ourselves to critique and attacks on our personal character & motives.
however, as clearly explained herein, the impact of giving publicly in this case has the potential to be GREATER, as it may motivate others to follow in suit in a similar way (for one).
As I shared before, Minhee and I are half way through our physical lives. We are pushing the 40 year mark of our lives. Several years after Minhee and I croak and die, no one will know who we are. No one will care and neither do we. But while we spend the remainder of our days on this earth, we want to do our part to help change the world.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- If you are interested in making a donation to help SEED the vision, contact me. Our goal is to raise an additional minimum of $66,000 to help launch the organization. We’re asking for folks to consider giving $250, $500, $1000, $5000, and what the heck, anything helps. As you know, we’ve committed $100,000 to get this started. You can click here to read more.
- Join this FACEBOOK GROUP. And then invite 10 strategic people that can help spread the word. Finally, SHARE the group on Your Profile or Posted Items.
- Join our list of volunteers. Email dcruzin[at]gmail.com.
- Forward this post to people who may be interested or link this post to your blog.
- If this is up your alley, please keep us in PRAYER.
Our vision cannot eradicate poverty. But our simple hope is to be moved and move others into action because while we can’t save the world, we can help one child, one family, one village… We can make a difference. This is what Minhee and I dream and pray about:
We want to raise funds by creating a global movement of simple generosity. Raise awareness and connect people to stories around the world. Raise funds. Distribute those funds.
We believe that many local indigenous men and women [and ex-pats] are already on the ground doing amazing things to fight global poverty and restore human dignity. Many of them are orgs and movements you have NEVER heard of. But nevertheless, they are doing beautiful things. They have history. They have credibility. They have respectability.
We want to go to these small organizations all around the world that are working in the areas that UNICEF have long considered key factors in fighting global poverty and we want to ask them a very simple question:
“How can we help you?”
That question is not intended to sound like arrogant Westerners but to simply say: ”You are doing great work. How can we support what you are doing? How can we help?”
- Fighting Poverty: Loudly | Wisely | Prayerfully | Strategically
- Introduction of Fighting Poverty: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3