i would rather be…

Happy Monday everyone.  But let’s be honest, who likes Mondays?  Let’s start off this week on the blog by doing some daydreaming.

I would rather be…

I would rather be fishing with my father in California right now.  It would have been good to spend Father’s Day with him. The fish above was caught three years ago with my father off Feather River in California.  This 34 pound king salmon took me about 25 minutes to finally bring it home.

Question: What would you rather be doing right now?

Filed under: family

1. Tomas says:

I would rather be in Austria/Switzerland watching the Euro 2008 Futbol matches.

2. jason says:

Rock Climbing somewhere in the Rockies, or catching game 6 of the Finals back in my hometown Boston.

3. becky says:

Riding our motorcycle ….away, for an extended time together.

4. Jan Owen says:

walking along the California coast actually seeing something – but it is totally fogged in here. I can’t see anything. So I’m sitting here reading your blog. 🙂

5. Randall says:

blogging or working on some other kind of writing…seriously.

6. Donna says:

Taking a nap. Been dragging all morning after a busy weekend!

7. Beth says:

Any warm beach would do.

8. Joonmo says:

eating brunch on sunset strip, checking out people as they walk pass by.
    Miss you PE.

9. mihee says:

hiking in colorado or maybe eating lunch somewhere fancy in nyc.

10. Capt Ralph says:

Not to throw cold water on you, PE, but isn’t that an “endangered specie” you are holding there? I can’t really blame you, I ate one yesterday, on Father’s Day. I would rather be holding my grandson, like you are smiling and holding your fish!

11. doing just about anything besides packing.

12. young c-m says:

Visiting New Zealand with Tim and checking out all the sites and sounds of that place!

13. eugenecho says:

i’m on hole 7 right now on the west seattle golf course. let me go on public and say i’d be doing anything else but golfing now. i’m horrible.

14. blake says:

Back on Shell Beach south of Pismo on the California coast. I was there last Thursday and it was incredible.

15. Linda says:

@john chandler: ditto! Something outdoors in this 5th actual nice day in Seattle since I was here in AUGUST (288 cloudy days a year here, I hear…)

Country living.
I like. The secret to being grateful is no secret. You choose to be grateful. Then you do it again and again. Every day. If you forget, start again. Back to fishing...I mean, umm...back to writing a book. There's no such thing as a self-made person. Someone believed, encouraged, and invested in you. Be grateful and be that someone for others.

Taking a break from the sabbatical...to partner in ministry in Denver at Cherry Hills Church and at the CRU staff conference. It was such a gift to be able to encourage a handful of folks one-to-one, a small group of Asian-American leaders from EPIC, and the larger group of 5000 staff during one of the sessions.

I've been personally blessed, challenged, encouraged, exhorted, and convicted by so many who have poured into my life - friends, acquaintances, and even strangers - and I hope to do that for others as I seek to be faithful to Christ.

Thank you, Lord.
#cru17 Nothing grows by itself. If something matters to us, may we be intentional about growing it.

Invest. Pray. Plant. Water. Nurture. Repeat. God sees and knows us. In fact, God knows everything about us.

Not just the good we try so hard to project but even the mess we often seek to hide.

Let this soak in: Not only are we fully known but in Christ, we are fully pursued and loved.

This is grace.