getting in shape

The hopes I shared several months ago in Health and Weight – to start exercising regularly, stop snacking post 10pm, losing some pounds, and getting back into shape aren’t going too well.  If I had to give myself a grade, it would be a “D+” but it’s only midterms right now. I still have time.

But it doesn’t help that this guy keeps ragging on me and my body.  Yesterday, he called my tummy a kangaroo pouch so I took him to the golf range and spanked him.  I want the whole wide world web to know that crushed him 8-3 on balls closest to the flags.  So, he owes me $5,000 since we were playing $1000/hole.

In all seriousness, I really need and want to start exercising regularly because I know that it is directly related to my holisitic health.  It’s not so much that I need to lose lots of weight but rather, I know that I’m just not where I need to be in general physical health. I want to be a good steward of my body as well.

But to give myself and others inspiration to “get physical” and exercise, here’s a 9 second clip:

Filed under: entertainment, family

1. DK says:

Oh my goodness. That clip is too hilarious. For a second, I thought that was you.

2. Joe says:

that clip has me cracking up! ohh… if you wanna play some b-ball… i try to run at greenalke a couple times a week… so there’s an option…

3. Kacy says:

You did right by spanking him. However it is vital to keep in shape and he may well have had your best interest at heart.

4. riddle says:

one word bro:

crossfit.com

5. brotherterrysimmons says:

I’ve been fighting the “Battle of the Bulge” since late December. I’ve had some success, but every day is pretty tough. My only advice is : Walk, walk walk.

Oh yeah, pray.

6. jason says:

good goals, need to get myself back into playing shape as well…tried to watch video but it said it was no longer available

7. aaron says:

The best way to be a regular at the gym is to get some accountability. Find someone dependable to be a workout partner and set a regular workout schedule…. knowing they will be there waiting for you is great because you do not want to let them down.

Secondly, remember it really does not take a whole lot of time… as far as weight lifting goes a 40-45 minute high intensity workout is best… you really do not need to dedicate two hours a day.

Once it becomes a habit it is enjoyable and rewarding– but it is really tough getting started.

8. warren says:

the video is gone now… what was it?

9. eugenecho says:

hmm. i can see the video. i’ll try to see if i can upload it again.

10. g says:

Don’t ya read the Seattle Times? =)

You QUEST guys should start a running bet.

11. Devin says:

Hey – if you’re giving yourself a D+, then I guess I need some summer school.
    I think (and hope) that I have lost weight since i now walk everywhere. I tracked it one day and measured walking 9 miles. Can you believe that!!! 9 miles just walking doing regular stuff – and Yoon was even with me all day. We weren’t even tired.
    When you come to Korea to visitm, be sure your legs are in shape – those darn subway stairs still get the best of me!
    Good Luck and congrats. You’ll be looking thin soon.

12. minna says:

hiya PE ….
    so i’ve never written a comment on one of these things, but …
    i’m so glad that someone else is on the same page as me when it comes to exercising. that our bodies are temples and that we should be faithful in being good stewards to care for what we are given. not to say it’s not a challenge to get motivated … but it’s a greater motivation to just try to be healthier as well as honour our Creator, than to lose those few final pounds just to fit into that dress … err … or, uh, suit? whatever …
    if you put that clip on repeat, you can also get a decent ab workout from the laughs!
    minna

13. dreamxchaser says:

haha thats right!! glad u owned him at golf. he deserved it. i know how u feel tho. im living in italy now, and i tried excersizing reguarly (hey man all that pasta adds up). never really worked out. and italians like to make jokes about my stomic that i DIDNT have b4 i got here. lol its a pasta baby as far as im concerned.
    nice clip tho. haha. good luck losing some weight.

Father - daughters bonding (and freezing) time at the Seahawks game. Grateful to the Panthers organization for the tickets. Now, go Hawks. Pound the Panthers. The family that karaokes together stays together. #ChoFamilyKPopFamily Family time in one of my favorite cities in the world - especially when the exchange rate is so favorable. Thank you, Vancouver, for being such a great refuge for our souls for the past 20 years. #QuestVancouver It's the day after...that day.
Be grateful. Again.
We woke up. We're alive.
Breathing. Dreaming.
Pursuing. Embodying. Loving.

Yes. Be grateful.
That you, Jesus.

Pastor Coby, Pastor Katey, Pam, Jalle, and Jasmin: We see you. We appreciate you. We are grateful for your presence and leadership at Quest and beyond. Thank you and all of our amazing volunteers

• Father/daughters bonding time at the Seahawks game. Grateful to the Panthers organization for the tix. Now, go Hawk… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 4 hours ago
  • "Genuine hope is not blind optimism. It is hope with open eyes, which sees the suffering and yet believes in the future." ~ Jürgen Moltmann || 15 hours ago
  • They play against my Seahawks tomorrow but who cares. What a privilege to preach the Gospel at the Carolina Panther… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 1 day ago
  • We wait for Christ to return to restore all things but while we wait, we join and partner with God to work towards that restoration. #advent || 1 day ago
  • Washington Huskies. 2016 PAC-12 Champs! #WOOF || 2 days ago
  • If the grass feels greener on the other side, it might be the Holy Spirit reminding you to water the grass you're standing on. || 2 days ago