the power of rick astley

After a very busy weekend, I want to share a little comic relief.  Several months ago, I posted the famous video of Rick Astley and his hip dance moves.  But it appears that I have underestimated the power and influence of Rick Astley.  Check out this video.  I want to officially apologize to Rick and his fan club for being so quick to judge him, his music, and his dance moves…

Filed under: entertainment,

1. Kacy says:

Always loved Rick. You may bet a great many mothers will to if it keeps babies quiet

2. Blake says:

Haha. That’s hilarious. 😀

3. kays31 says:

ha ha ha, I love it! I love that song and I loved the video. Thanks for making me smile tonight. This was great.

4. Essy says:

what i wanna know is: how in the world did these parents figure out their baby is comforted by this music video?

5. DunCAN says:

wow… what can you suggest to stop a 5yo and 8yo fighting!

6. Blake says:

You couldn’t be more wrong, PE. Check it out… even Family Guy is Rick Rollin’!

7. i heard on a radio show (jokingly of course) that african americans were just about to give Rick Astly a “black card” (as they did for singers like eminem and hall and oates) but took it back just for the “rick astley shuffle” that he does so offen in that video. having grown up…. and since i judge people solely on their talent… I must admit, I still like the guy.

8. JB says:

Wow, he doesn’t look like his voice sounds!

9. ashley park says:

i’ll try that on Austin and see….hehe

10. Mrs.K. says:

Poor baby – Daddy took her Rick away! That is pretty powerful….I’ll have to try it with my ridiculously moody little boy.

You can do it, sun. Break through the clouds. I love her. Saturday morning date at Pike Market with @minheejcho. Enjoying the final day of sun before 6 months of rain and gray. Not lol'ing. Some of my moat memorable travels have been to Myanmar (otherwise known as Burma). In fact, the vision of @onedayswages began on my first visit to this country in 2006. On a recent visit, I began learning about the Rohingya people. Sadly, it has escalated to horrendous, genocidal proportions.

Thus far, about 500,000 people have been driven out from Myanmar through violence...with most going to Bangledesh...regulated to a massive refugee camp. Stateless. Undocumented. Minority groups. Dehumanized. Homes and villages destroyed. And so much more unspeakable atrocities.

Yes, it's complex and messy. It always is. But the root of this injustice as the case for so much brokeness in the world is the sin of dehumanizing one anotber as..."the other." May we see each person, including the Rohingya people, as one who is created in the image of God. It's the truth and the remedy to the incessant dehumanization that goes on in our world.

Lord, in your mercy. The obedience of discipleship which includes the work of justice is a marathon. It's long, arduous, and emotional. Be tenacious. But also take care of yourself. Create healthy rhythms. Don't burn out. We need you for the marathon. Friends, don't give up. Press on. In the midst of so much chaos in the world, may we continue to cling to the hope of the whole Gospel. May we cling unto Jesus:

Way maker!
Miracle worker!
Promise keeper!
Light in the darkness!
That is who You are!

What an encounter with the Holy Spirit at @seattlequest today. Grateful for our worship team, the gospel choir, and the Audio/Visual team. Thank you Matt, Teresita, and Chris. Please thank all the volunteers for us. .
The world is broken.
But God is not yet done.
God's work of restoration