the power of rick astley

After a very busy weekend, I want to share a little comic relief.  Several months ago, I posted the famous video of Rick Astley and his hip dance moves.  But it appears that I have underestimated the power and influence of Rick Astley.  Check out this video.  I want to officially apologize to Rick and his fan club for being so quick to judge him, his music, and his dance moves…

Filed under: entertainment,

1. Kacy says:

Always loved Rick. You may bet a great many mothers will to if it keeps babies quiet

2. Blake says:

Haha. That’s hilarious. 😀

3. kays31 says:

ha ha ha, I love it! I love that song and I loved the video. Thanks for making me smile tonight. This was great.

4. Essy says:

what i wanna know is: how in the world did these parents figure out their baby is comforted by this music video?

5. DunCAN says:

wow… what can you suggest to stop a 5yo and 8yo fighting!

6. Blake says:

You couldn’t be more wrong, PE. Check it out… even Family Guy is Rick Rollin’!

7. i heard on a radio show (jokingly of course) that african americans were just about to give Rick Astly a “black card” (as they did for singers like eminem and hall and oates) but took it back just for the “rick astley shuffle” that he does so offen in that video. having grown up…. and since i judge people solely on their talent… I must admit, I still like the guy.

8. JB says:

Wow, he doesn’t look like his voice sounds!

9. ashley park says:

i’ll try that on Austin and see….hehe

10. Mrs.K. says:

Poor baby – Daddy took her Rick away! That is pretty powerful….I’ll have to try it with my ridiculously moody little boy.

Junior high - Check
14th birthday - Check
Tallest in family - Check
Selfie Master - Check

Still my baby son! This was 10 years ago. I dominated my son in wrestling and I know what you're thinking, "How could you employ a rear chokehold armbar kimura on your own son?" Hey, a competition is a competition.

I love you, son. The world is broken. This ia a sad truth. But the story of redemption is not yet finished. God is not yet done. This is the ultimate Truth. Have hope. Press on. Ten years ago, I witnessed one of those "God things" when a church called Interbay Covenant Church gave itself, its legacy, and a building property worth $7 million dollars to @seattlequest. We were then only 5 years old.

Quest is an urban, multiethnic churchplant that started in 2001. We rented the facilities at Interbay Covenant Church - a predominantly older, mostly Anglo congregation with a rich 65 years history. After some time, Pastor Ray Bartel (senior pastor, Interbay) approached me with a "crazy idea" of Interbay "dying to itself and giving itself to Quest" for the sake of the greater Kingdom and the coming generations.

This eventually led to three years of many conversations and prayers. On June 3, 2007, the two churches officially came together to become one church. In giving itself, Interbay also shared their leadership, legacy, and stories. They also gave all of their assets without any strings and without any debt.

Their radical generosity and courage is what enabled Quest to grow - not just numerically - but deeper in discipleship, and deeper in missions - to the city of Seattle and beyond. On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of this merger, we created a short film (check my FB page to see the video) to tell the story - so that our church and the next generations may never forget and that the larger Church may be stirred and encouraged by a greater Kingdom vision.

Thank you, Interbay! The NBA season is over but the hustle and grind continues for my daughter. We argue sometimes but I love training my daughter. She's working hard for her senior year next year. Starting point guard. She's improved a lot. She's one of the quickest players on the floor and has a great midrange jumper. But trying to get her to keep working on her handles, using her off hand and shoulder to protect the ball,  staying and dribbling the ball lower to the ground, and playing aggressive and downhill while remaining in control. That's what we're working on this week. #hoopdreams #ChovarBall Reunited with my favorite elephant, Buh'loom. We bonded earlier this year and I'd like to think that she recognized my voice. Also, appreciate learning about ethical and sustainable eco-tourism.