Here’s why Jesus isn’t a fan of Chuck E. Cheese and another sign of the apocalypse: Moms Brawl at Chuck E. Cheese…
A child’s birthday party at a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant was cut short after a fight broke out between two mothers. Natick police said the mom of the 9-year-old birthday boy apparently became enraged because the other woman’s son was “hogging” an arcade game.
Sgt. Paul Thompson said Catherine Aliaga, 38, and Tarsha Williams, 33, both of Boston, would be summoned into court to answer charges of simple assault and battery stemming from the scuffle…He said what started as a birthday celebration turned into a “birthday melee.”
I know this story if funny but it’s also kinda funny in a not so funny way [How’s that for an overcomplexified sentence?]. I admit that every now and then, our family goes there [on a weekday around 3pm when it’s mostly empty]. The pizza’s mediocre but I like going there to enjoy the arcades games for .25. I can hog the games and bully the kids around when their moms aren’t watching. But after attending a kid’s birthday part [on a Saturday afternoon] couple years ago, my wife and I vowed never to go there again for a birthday party. I am convinced that no matter how gracious Jesus is, He would never attend a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. Here’s why:
- Jesus likes your home. What ever happened to inviting friends, family, and neighbors to your home? Some may not have homes that can accomodate all their guests so I understand that but there are better options that Chuck E. Cheese.
- Jesus like simplicity. Why do parents always feel like we have to entertain people and kids with stuff? Enough with keeping up with the Jones’. I told Minhee I’m busting out my guitar to play an hour of the “Freeze Game” for my son’s upcoming party in June. That’s as fancy as it gets.
- Jesus likes conversations and community. Have you ever been to Chuck E. Cheese during the weekends? It is utter chaos. I don’t remember a single conversation with any of the parents. You are so busy trying to get your voice heard that you simply can’t enjoy the children or the conversations that you’re having with other parents. Simply, Chuck E. Cheese doesn’t = good conversations & community building and the last time I checked, Jesus was about good conversations and community building. And of course, the Kingdom of God but that’s another post.
- Jesus likes peace. Jesus did not come for two moms to fight over hogging etiquettes at Chuck E. Cheese. But goodness, if this was captured on video, it would be an instant YouTube hit. Just say no to fighting at Chuck E. Cheese. This isn’t the only incident at CEC. Check out this newstory from earlier in the year:
It was jammed packed. Too packed. Like a club,” said witness Margie Waters.
Baker will never look at the mouse the same way again.
“Chuck E. Cheese was singing. And Chuck E. Cheese saw the fight,” she said.
Baker and Chuck E. Cheese weren’t the only ones who saw it. Baker’s uncle did, too.
“You know, it was just crazy,” he said.
In fact, authorities say up to 80 people may have been involved. Several teenagers apparently started it.
Police soon broke out the pepper spray.
“We were, like, ‘Stop, stop. You’re spraying the babies. You’re spraying the babies,‘” Waters said. [read full story]
- Last but not least, Jesus does not like Rats. Who in their right mind likes rats? Seriously, we’re allowing big Rats to entertain our kids and lead them in the birthday song?