jazz and live music

I know I’ve been hawking the Q Cafe alot lately but it’s because I’m really excited about Q Cafe 2.0.  Things are still a little slow but the momentum is growing.  Please stop by and enjoy a great cup of coffee or tea.  You will love your cup of coffee – I guarantee it.   If you don’t enjoy your cup of coffee, I’ll either pay off your mortage, college tuition, or remaining car payments!  Jazz – with Victor Puentes and friends – is featured for a special show at Q Cafe tonight [Tuesday, February 12].  Doors open at 7.30pm and cover is ONLY $3.

Quick question:  Are there any local artists in the Northwest that you’d love to see at the Q Cafe?  Give us your ideas, suggestions, and feedback.

You can check QCafe also on MySpace as well. Because our Friday [or Sat] shows are our featured shows, we have to say “no” to many of the requests we get. Please don’t get angry. However, our live music coordinator is scheduling a monthly show featuring both scheduled and spontaneous artists for an Open Mic Showcase. Here are some of the upcoming shows.  You’ll love all of these artists but if there’s one show to catch, my pick would be Andy Davis [this Friday]:

02/12/2008 08:00 PM::JAZZ SHOWCASE, with Victor Puentes and Friends::
 – $3 Q Cafe Presents our first Jazz Showcase of 2008, featuring Victor Puentes and Friends! Doors at 7:30

02/15/2008 08:00 PM::ANDY DAVIS, JOHN VAN DEUSEN (The Lonely Forest) and GARAGE VOICE::
$8 Doors at 7:30

02/22/2008 08:00 PM::CASEY FRAZIER, VAN GROSS (CD Release!), ANDI FRANCOEUR (CD Release!)::
$5 Doors at 7:30 Van Gross and Andi Francoeur CD Release show!!! That, folks, is what we call a double dip.

02/29/2008 08:00 PM::DANIELLE HUNICH (EP Release!) with BGP::
$10 Doors at 7:30 As this is Danielle Hunich’s EP Release show, a CD is included in the admission price!

03/07/2008 08:00 PM::THE YOUNG SPORTSMEN, YOGOMAN BURNING BAND, THE GEESE::

_c032454.jpg

Filed under: entertainment, , , ,

1. Ben C says:

I’m excited to try my first doppio at Q Cafe!

2. Jerry says:

I’d love to see Aaron Sprinkle again at Q Cafe.

3. mike says:

yep and thank for a link on myspace I also love to drink cofee here 🙂

4. j says:

please pay for my mortgage or remaining balance of my car

5. Rebecca says:

I do in fact love the coffee! Gotta love a place that can make a good sugar-free-vanilla-americano-with-an-inch-of-steamed-soy.

Looking forward to Andy Davis…

6. nicholei says:

i always thought it’d be cool to see greg sczebel at the q cafe. he’s an artist from vancouver b.c. http://www.gregsczebel.com

Nothing grows by itself. If something matters to us, may we be intentional about growing it.

Invest. Pray. Plant. Water. Nurture. Repeat. God sees and knows us. In fact, God knows everything about us.

Not just the good we try so hard to project but even the mess we often seek to hide.

Let this soak in: Not only are we fully known but in Christ, we are fully pursued and loved.

This is grace.
Amazing grace. Hairstyles change. Sideburn fads come and go but may our commitment to love, honor, respect, and be on mission together for Christ never waver.

Thank you, Minhee. I love you so much even if you made fun of my hairstyle and sideburns. I missed you, Seattle. Grateful for a time to pray, rest, retreat, read, reflect, and sabbath. I've spent the last 12 days in the woods alone. Competely alone. It's been both haunting and refreshing. Haunting because of loneliness. Refreshing because through the silence, I am reminded - again - that I'm not alone. Emmanuel.

Also, bought myself a cheap kayak and loving the solitude time in nature. Also, the kayak is paying instant dividends in my bass fishing game. #sabbathrest #bassfishing #catchandrelease There's nothing selfish about rest and self-care. We can't give what we don't have. Experience life and we'll be life-giving to others. Amen.

#NoteToSelf