jazz and live music

I know I’ve been hawking the Q Cafe alot lately but it’s because I’m really excited about Q Cafe 2.0.  Things are still a little slow but the momentum is growing.  Please stop by and enjoy a great cup of coffee or tea.  You will love your cup of coffee – I guarantee it.   If you don’t enjoy your cup of coffee, I’ll either pay off your mortage, college tuition, or remaining car payments!  Jazz – with Victor Puentes and friends – is featured for a special show at Q Cafe tonight [Tuesday, February 12].  Doors open at 7.30pm and cover is ONLY $3.

Quick question:  Are there any local artists in the Northwest that you’d love to see at the Q Cafe?  Give us your ideas, suggestions, and feedback.

You can check QCafe also on MySpace as well. Because our Friday [or Sat] shows are our featured shows, we have to say “no” to many of the requests we get. Please don’t get angry. However, our live music coordinator is scheduling a monthly show featuring both scheduled and spontaneous artists for an Open Mic Showcase. Here are some of the upcoming shows.  You’ll love all of these artists but if there’s one show to catch, my pick would be Andy Davis [this Friday]:

02/12/2008 08:00 PM::JAZZ SHOWCASE, with Victor Puentes and Friends::
 – $3 Q Cafe Presents our first Jazz Showcase of 2008, featuring Victor Puentes and Friends! Doors at 7:30

02/15/2008 08:00 PM::ANDY DAVIS, JOHN VAN DEUSEN (The Lonely Forest) and GARAGE VOICE::
$8 Doors at 7:30

02/22/2008 08:00 PM::CASEY FRAZIER, VAN GROSS (CD Release!), ANDI FRANCOEUR (CD Release!)::
$5 Doors at 7:30 Van Gross and Andi Francoeur CD Release show!!! That, folks, is what we call a double dip.

02/29/2008 08:00 PM::DANIELLE HUNICH (EP Release!) with BGP::
$10 Doors at 7:30 As this is Danielle Hunich’s EP Release show, a CD is included in the admission price!

03/07/2008 08:00 PM::THE YOUNG SPORTSMEN, YOGOMAN BURNING BAND, THE GEESE::

_c032454.jpg

Filed under: entertainment, , , ,

1. Ben C says:

I’m excited to try my first doppio at Q Cafe!

2. Jerry says:

I’d love to see Aaron Sprinkle again at Q Cafe.

3. mike says:

yep and thank for a link on myspace I also love to drink cofee here🙂

4. j says:

please pay for my mortgage or remaining balance of my car

5. Rebecca says:

I do in fact love the coffee! Gotta love a place that can make a good sugar-free-vanilla-americano-with-an-inch-of-steamed-soy.

Looking forward to Andy Davis…

6. nicholei says:

i always thought it’d be cool to see greg sczebel at the q cafe. he’s an artist from vancouver b.c. http://www.gregsczebel.com

A flood of thoughts rushed my mind.

Is she ready?
Have we done enough?
Have we taught her enough?
What if this? What if that?

And I came home.
And I wept.
Forget my street cred.
I miss her. I love her.
She will always be my little baby.

Happy life. - Eugenius 3:16

• The Gospel, not social justice, is our identity as believers but the Gospel compels us to love God/love people incl. work 4 the common good. || 12 hours ago
  • Folks often ask me, "What is social justice?" "Social justice" are fancier words for "Give a Damn". || 12 hours ago
  • RT @EugeneCho: Just met Edna, a sister-in-Christ. She's 90 years old. She met Jesus when she was 85. You're never too young or too old to f… || 13 hours ago
  • Thank you @fullerfyi @KPowellFYI for this important resource about listening, engaging, and discipling young people: churchesgrowingyoung.com || 13 hours ago
  • Just met Edna, a sister-in-Christ. She's 90 years old. She met Jesus when she was 85. You're never too young or too old to follow Christ. || 1 day ago
  • RT @jennysimmons: Hard to convey the profound impact @EugeneCho has had on me. His endorsement of #MadeWellBook means a great deal. https:/… || 1 day ago