jazz and live music

I know I’ve been hawking the Q Cafe alot lately but it’s because I’m really excited about Q Cafe 2.0.  Things are still a little slow but the momentum is growing.  Please stop by and enjoy a great cup of coffee or tea.  You will love your cup of coffee – I guarantee it.   If you don’t enjoy your cup of coffee, I’ll either pay off your mortage, college tuition, or remaining car payments!  Jazz – with Victor Puentes and friends – is featured for a special show at Q Cafe tonight [Tuesday, February 12].  Doors open at 7.30pm and cover is ONLY $3.

Quick question:  Are there any local artists in the Northwest that you’d love to see at the Q Cafe?  Give us your ideas, suggestions, and feedback.

You can check QCafe also on MySpace as well. Because our Friday [or Sat] shows are our featured shows, we have to say “no” to many of the requests we get. Please don’t get angry. However, our live music coordinator is scheduling a monthly show featuring both scheduled and spontaneous artists for an Open Mic Showcase. Here are some of the upcoming shows.  You’ll love all of these artists but if there’s one show to catch, my pick would be Andy Davis [this Friday]:

02/12/2008 08:00 PM::JAZZ SHOWCASE, with Victor Puentes and Friends::
 – $3 Q Cafe Presents our first Jazz Showcase of 2008, featuring Victor Puentes and Friends! Doors at 7:30

02/15/2008 08:00 PM::ANDY DAVIS, JOHN VAN DEUSEN (The Lonely Forest) and GARAGE VOICE::
$8 Doors at 7:30

02/22/2008 08:00 PM::CASEY FRAZIER, VAN GROSS (CD Release!), ANDI FRANCOEUR (CD Release!)::
$5 Doors at 7:30 Van Gross and Andi Francoeur CD Release show!!! That, folks, is what we call a double dip.

02/29/2008 08:00 PM::DANIELLE HUNICH (EP Release!) with BGP::
$10 Doors at 7:30 As this is Danielle Hunich’s EP Release show, a CD is included in the admission price!

03/07/2008 08:00 PM::THE YOUNG SPORTSMEN, YOGOMAN BURNING BAND, THE GEESE::

_c032454.jpg

Filed under: entertainment, , , ,

1. Ben C says:

I’m excited to try my first doppio at Q Cafe!

2. Jerry says:

I’d love to see Aaron Sprinkle again at Q Cafe.

3. mike says:

yep and thank for a link on myspace I also love to drink cofee here 🙂

4. j says:

please pay for my mortgage or remaining balance of my car

5. Rebecca says:

I do in fact love the coffee! Gotta love a place that can make a good sugar-free-vanilla-americano-with-an-inch-of-steamed-soy.

Looking forward to Andy Davis…

6. nicholei says:

i always thought it’d be cool to see greg sczebel at the q cafe. he’s an artist from vancouver b.c. http://www.gregsczebel.com

Back safely from Iraq, Lebanon, and Jordan. Thanks for your prayers.
I have numerous stories to share but for now, the following came up in every conversation with Iraqi/Syrian refugees:

1 Have tea with us. Or coffee. Or juice. Or something with lots of sugar in it. Or better yet, all of the above.
2 We want peace. We want security.
3 We hate ISIS.
4 We just want to go home.
5 Please don't forget us.

Please don't forget them... Father, please bless and protect these Iraqi and Syrian "refugee" children that have already endured so much. Protect their hearts and mind from unfathomable trauma. Plant seeds of hope and vision in their lives. And as we pray for them, teach us how to advocate for them. Amen. "We don't call them refugees. We call them relatives. We don't call them camps but centers. Dignity is so important." -  local Iraqi priest whose church has welcomed many "relatives" to their church's property

It's always a privilege to be invited into peoples' home for tea - even if it's a temporary tent. This is an extended Yezidi family that fled the Mosul, Iraq area because of ISIS. It's indeed true that Christians were targeted by ISIS and thatbstory muat be shared but other minority groups like the Yezidis were also targeted. Some of their heartbreaking stories included the kidnapping of their sister. They shared that their father passed away shortly of a "broken heart." The conversation was emotional but afterwards, we asked each other for permission to take photos. Once the selfies came out, the real smiles came out.

So friends: Pray for Iraq. Pray for the persecuted Church. Pray for Christians, minority groups like the Yezidis who fear they will e completely wiped out in the Middle East,, and Muslims alike who are all suffering under ISIS. Friends: I'm traveling in the Middle East this week - Iraq, Lebanon, and Jordan. (Make sure you follow my pics/stories on IG stories). Specifically, I'm here representing @onedayswages to meet, learn, and listen to pastors, local leaders, NGOs, and of course directly from refugees from within these countries - including many from Syria.

For security purposes, I haven't been able to share at all but I'm now able to start sharing some photos and stories. For now, I'll be sharing numerous photos through my IG stories and will be sharing some longer written pieces in couple months when ODW launches another wave of partnerships to come alongside refugees in these areas. Four of us are traveling together also for the purpose of creating a short documentary that we hope to release early next year.

While I'm on my church sabbatical, it's truly a privilege to be able to come to these countries and to meet local pastors and indigenous leaders that tirelessly pursue peace and justice, and to hear directly from refugees. I've read so many various articles and pieces over the years and I thought I was prepared but it has been jarring, heartbreaking,  and gut wrenching. In the midst of such chaos, there's hope but there's also a lot of questions, too.

I hope you follow along as I share photos, stories, and help release this mini-documentary. Please tag friends that might be interested.

Please pray for safety, for empathy, for humility and integrity, for divine meetings. Pray that we listen well; To be present and not just be a consumer of these vulnerable stories. That's my biggest prayer.

Special thanks to @worldvisionusa and @worldrelief for hosting us on this journey. 9/11
Never forget.
And never stop working for peace.

Today, I had some gut wrenching and heart breaking conversations about war, violence, and peacemaking. Mostly, I listened. Never in my wildest imagination did I envision having these conversations on 9/11 of all days. I wish I could share more now but I hope to later after I process them for a few days.

But indeed: Never forget.
And never stop working for peace.
May it be so. Amen. Mount Rainier is simply epic. There's nothing like flying in and out of Seattle.

#mountrainier
#seattle
#northwestisbest

• Boom. Final fishing trip. Grateful. A nice way to end my 3 month sabbatical. #catchandrelease twitter.com/i/web/status/9… || 20 hours ago
  • Christians: May we be guided by the Scriptures that remind us, "Seek first the Kingdom of God" and not, "Seek first the kingdom of America." || 21 hours ago
  • Every convo with Iraqi/Syrian refugees included: 1 Have tea with us 2 We want peace 3 We hate ISIS 4 We want to go home 5 Don't forget us || 3 days ago
  • Back safely from Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan to assess @OneDaysWages' partnerships & to film mini-documentary on refugee crisis. So many emotions. || 3 days ago
  • Pray for Mexico. For those mourning loved ones. For those fighting for life - even under rubbles. For rescue workers. Lord, in your mercy. || 3 days ago
  • Don't underestimate what God can do through you. God has a very long history of using foolish and broken people for His purposes and glory. || 6 days ago