eleven years

Minhee and I are celebrating our 11 year anniversary today.   People look at our wedding picture and ask us who the dude is…

wedding-003-copy.jpg

Filed under: family

1. Jennifer says:

Happy Anniversary!!!

Our 13th is next week 🙂

2. Aaron says:

…so who is that “dude”??

Happy Anniversary!

3. Jezla says:

Congratulations Eugene! Happy anniversary!

4. Shaun King says:

Is this her 1st husband?

5. regeneratex says:

LOL @ Shaun’s question! Happy Anniversary, Eugene and Minhee!

6. Jeff Roach says:

Happy Anniversary…PE and Minhee

7. Peter Choi says:

wow.

wow.

8. Matt says:

Happy anniversary! 11 years. Wow.

9. young chang-miller says:

Congrats on 11 years! Blessings for many more.

10. e cho says:

When I flew to Korea for the wedding, I had shaggy hair and some pretty nasty scruffy facial hair. My mother-in-law to be looked at me and half jokingly said, “If you want to marry my daughter, cut your hair and shave.”

11. jpkang says:

Congratulations… you’ve come a long way, 설렁맨!

12. j says:

nice picture…looks like you gotta asian afro.
    congrat!

13. Esther says:

I remember your wedding day as if it were yesterday…

How wonderful that God led you together.

God’s blessings for many years to come!

14. Ben says:

you are totally vain admit it! LOL congrats, you are a power couple in the Lord.

15. e cho says:

Ben, I guess I have to admit it. How can I deny it? I have my name for an URL and a picture of myself on the blog banner. Vanity of vanities.

But don’t hate because I’m beautiful.

16. Rebecca says:

So once you got the girl, you went back to shaggy hair and scruffy beard?

There's no such thing as a self-made person. Someone believed, encouraged, and invested in you. Be grateful and be that someone for others.

Taking a break from the sabbatical...to partner in ministry in Denver at Cherry Hills Church and at the CRU staff conference. It was such a gift to be able to encourage a handful of folks one-to-one, a small group of Asian-American leaders from EPIC, and the larger group of 5000 staff during one of the sessions.

I've been personally blessed, challenged, encouraged, exhorted, and convicted by so many who have poured into my life - friends, acquaintances, and even strangers - and I hope to do that for others as I seek to be faithful to Christ.

Thank you, Lord.
#cru17 Nothing grows by itself. If something matters to us, may we be intentional about growing it.

Invest. Pray. Plant. Water. Nurture. Repeat. God sees and knows us. In fact, God knows everything about us.

Not just the good we try so hard to project but even the mess we often seek to hide.

Let this soak in: Not only are we fully known but in Christ, we are fully pursued and loved.

This is grace.
Amazing grace. Hairstyles change. Sideburn fads come and go but may our commitment to love, honor, respect, and be on mission together for Christ never waver.

Thank you, Minhee. I love you so much even if you made fun of my hairstyle and sideburns. I missed you, Seattle. Grateful for a time to pray, rest, retreat, read, reflect, and sabbath. I've spent the last 12 days in the woods alone. Competely alone. It's been both haunting and refreshing. Haunting because of loneliness. Refreshing because through the silence, I am reminded - again - that I'm not alone. Emmanuel.

Also, bought myself a cheap kayak and loving the solitude time in nature. Also, the kayak is paying instant dividends in my bass fishing game. #sabbathrest #bassfishing #catchandrelease