crap happens

It’s really a matter of perspective.  Stuff just happens to everyone.  The difference is how we respond to trials, difficulties, and hardships and how we can be a source of comfort and encouragement to others during such seasons.

But just in case you think you got it bad, let’s begin this new week by showing this hilarious video.  You think you got it bad?  Just watch the crap…literally.  I feel bad for the dude but couldn’t stop laughing.

Have a great week!

Filed under: entertainment

1. daniel so says:

Eugene — I probably shouldn’t be, but I feel strangely comforted that, no matter how bad things might be, at least I’ve never had a bird poop directly into my mouth. Man, someone should have told that reporter not to look up with his mouth open, especially after the first hit.

I am totally cracking up, too, but it’s the same kind of uncomfortable laughter as when I watch the endless “football to the groin” sequences on America’s Funniest Home Videos.

2. portorikan says:

Thank you for sharing. I’m definitely posting this on my blog. Thank you, and this was definitely a great way to start my week and morning.

3. David says:

My Monday just got a little bit better. Thanks.

4. 'insipid' g. says:

those news anchors are so over-dramatic… 😀

and how’s that for a change? crap going in one’s mouth v. the usual crap coming out of our mouths? 😉

5. Colleen says:

I don’t know why but it’s just so funny…

6. Scott says:

Unbelievable! HA! Great perspective on our hardships. But I think I’d rather put my foot in my mouth… 🙂

7. nick says:

That’s funny. Just last week I got pooped on. I didn’t know if I should look at it as good or bad look. What are the odds that I was in the perfect place to catch the poop falling from the sky. I think the old nick would look at as bad luck but the 2008 nick looks at it as good luck…..

trying to stay positve
    nick

8. gar says:

hahaha. Oh man, that’s gotta suck…

9. Ben C says:

WAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAAHHA EAT IT

10. Essy says:

note to self: dont eat your lunch while reading P.E.’s blog postings

11. djchuang says:

NO wonder some people say that your blog posts are crappy! 🙂

12. […] Posted by Don Bryant on February 2, 2008 Click here. […]

"He must become greater; I must become less." - John 3:30 We have to remind ourselves of this truth every day lest we forget:

Our greatest calling as followers of Christ is to be faithful. Not spectacular. Not glamorous. Not popular. Not relevant.

Be faithful.

PS: Also, it helps to get some Vitamin D especially if you live in the rainy Northwest Thank you, Brooklyn, for the reminder. Umm, @jlin7 is a Christian but he wasn't very Christlike with me on the basketball court. He muscled me into the paint, dunked on me, mentioned my momma, and then said, "Stick with preaching." Just kidding. Kind of.

If you haven't heard, Jeremy Lin is donating his one games wages (approximately $140,000) and an additional $100 for every 3 pointer made to support Girls' Empowerment and Education through @onedayswages. That game is this Friday vs the Boston Celtics!

Join his campaign as he's inviting his fans to donate just $7. - http://onedayswages.org/jlin

Did you know that 32 million girls of lower secondary school age are not enrolled in school.

Did you know that every year of secondary school increases a girl’s future earning power by 20 percent.

Did you know that if all girls in Sub-Saharan Africa, South and West Asia had a secondary education, child marriage would fall by 64 percent.

We can't change the entire world but we can impact the lives of one, few, and in some cases...many.

#jeremylin #jlin #linsanity #onedayswages Don't be held captive to either praise or criticism.

Know who you are.
Know what you're about.
Know WHO you serve.

The answer to who you serve makes all the difference... It's the day after International Women's Day - and it's still important to celebrate the contribution of women in our lives, society, and world. As we honor women all around the world, I'm also reminded of how women and children are those who are most deeply impacted by injustice - especially poverty.

Sadly, I have witnessed this reality in too many places. ​In 2012, I traveled to a remote area in Eastern Kenya as part of a @onedayswages response to a famine that struck the Horn of Africa region. This famine impacted nearly 13 million people and according to some sources, took the lives of about 250,000 people. During my trip there, I had the chance of meeting many people but the person that still remains in my memory was a Muslim woman named Sahara.

She was so hospitable in inviting us to her small and temporary home. During our conversation, I learned that ​Sahara traveled 300 kilometers (a little under 200 miles) – some by cart and some by foot – as they sought to escape the worst drought that has impacted East Africa (Kenya, Somalia, and Ethiopia) in the past 60 years.

This is not a misprint.
200.

She traveled about 200 miles on cart and foot. ​And all along, she was ill. If you look closely ​at the photo, you might notice the large lump in her throat - likely a large cancerous tumor.​ She did not travel alone. She traveled with her husband who I was not able to meet because he was staying with one of his five other wives in this polygamist community.  She did not travel alone. She also traveled with her six children – the youngest being about 1 and the oldest being around 8. She had just given birth to her sixth child when they began her journey. Her youngest was severely malnourished when they arrived to this new settlement in a town called Benane.
Sahara and her children all survived this journey. They survived because she persisted.
In honor of Sahara...and so many other women who keep...keeping on.