crap happens

It’s really a matter of perspective.  Stuff just happens to everyone.  The difference is how we respond to trials, difficulties, and hardships and how we can be a source of comfort and encouragement to others during such seasons.

But just in case you think you got it bad, let’s begin this new week by showing this hilarious video.  You think you got it bad?  Just watch the crap…literally.  I feel bad for the dude but couldn’t stop laughing.

Have a great week!

Filed under: entertainment

1. daniel so says:

Eugene — I probably shouldn’t be, but I feel strangely comforted that, no matter how bad things might be, at least I’ve never had a bird poop directly into my mouth. Man, someone should have told that reporter not to look up with his mouth open, especially after the first hit.

I am totally cracking up, too, but it’s the same kind of uncomfortable laughter as when I watch the endless “football to the groin” sequences on America’s Funniest Home Videos.

2. portorikan says:

Thank you for sharing. I’m definitely posting this on my blog. Thank you, and this was definitely a great way to start my week and morning.

3. David says:

My Monday just got a little bit better. Thanks.

4. 'insipid' g. says:

those news anchors are so over-dramatic… 😀

and how’s that for a change? crap going in one’s mouth v. the usual crap coming out of our mouths? 😉

5. Colleen says:

I don’t know why but it’s just so funny…

6. Scott says:

Unbelievable! HA! Great perspective on our hardships. But I think I’d rather put my foot in my mouth… 🙂

7. nick says:

That’s funny. Just last week I got pooped on. I didn’t know if I should look at it as good or bad look. What are the odds that I was in the perfect place to catch the poop falling from the sky. I think the old nick would look at as bad luck but the 2008 nick looks at it as good luck…..

trying to stay positve
    nick

8. gar says:

hahaha. Oh man, that’s gotta suck…

9. Ben C says:

WAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAAHHA EAT IT

10. Essy says:

note to self: dont eat your lunch while reading P.E.’s blog postings

11. djchuang says:

NO wonder some people say that your blog posts are crappy! 🙂

12. […] Posted by Don Bryant on February 2, 2008 Click here. […]

#notetoself (and maybe helpful for someone else)

At times, we have to say ‘NO’ to good things to say ‘YES’ to the most important things.

We can't do it all.
Pray and choose wisely.
Then invest deeply. May our compassion not just be limited to the West or to those that look like us. Lifting up the people of Iraq, Iran, and Kurdistan in prayer after the 7.3 earthquake - including the many new friends I met on a recent trip to Iraq.

The death toll rises to over 400 and over 7,000 injured in multiple cities and hundreds of villages along the Western border with Iraq.

Lord, in your mercy... We are reminded again and again...that we are Resurrection People living in a Dark Friday world.

It's been a tough, emotional, and painful week - especially as we lament the horrible tragedy of the church shootings at Sutherland Springs. In the midst of this lament, I've been carried by the hope, beauty, and promise of our baptisms last Sunday and the raw and honest testimonies of God's mercy, love, and grace.

Indeed, God is not yet done. May we take heart for Christ has overcome the world. "Without genuine relationships with the poor, we rob them of their dignity and they become mere projects. And God did not intend for anyone to become our projects." Grateful this quote from my book, Overrated, is resonating with so many folks - individuals and  NGOs. / design by @preemptivelove .
May we keep working
on ourselves
even as we seek
to change the world.
To be about the latter
without the former
is the great temptation
of our times. Minhee and I are filled with gratitude as we reflect on the @onedayswages gala last night. So many friends and guests came to support our work...and of course, our scrappy staff, interns, and board. In 8 years, we've impacted 561,000 people around the world that are living in extreme poverty and vulnerable situations. This year, we are expecting to have our largest investment of grants at $1.3 million! Over the next couple weeks, I'm going to share some of those stories of impact.

But we need your help to keep growing this work. Because our pledge is for 100% of all donations to go directly to our partnerships, we're asking folks from around the world to consider becoming one of core supporters by simply pledging $25/month to support our operations. Go to give.onedayswages.org for more info.

photo: @vinylee