crap happens

It’s really a matter of perspective.  Stuff just happens to everyone.  The difference is how we respond to trials, difficulties, and hardships and how we can be a source of comfort and encouragement to others during such seasons.

But just in case you think you got it bad, let’s begin this new week by showing this hilarious video.  You think you got it bad?  Just watch the crap…literally.  I feel bad for the dude but couldn’t stop laughing.

Have a great week!

Filed under: entertainment

1. daniel so says:

Eugene — I probably shouldn’t be, but I feel strangely comforted that, no matter how bad things might be, at least I’ve never had a bird poop directly into my mouth. Man, someone should have told that reporter not to look up with his mouth open, especially after the first hit.

I am totally cracking up, too, but it’s the same kind of uncomfortable laughter as when I watch the endless “football to the groin” sequences on America’s Funniest Home Videos.

2. portorikan says:

Thank you for sharing. I’m definitely posting this on my blog. Thank you, and this was definitely a great way to start my week and morning.

3. David says:

My Monday just got a little bit better. Thanks.

4. 'insipid' g. says:

those news anchors are so over-dramatic… 😀

and how’s that for a change? crap going in one’s mouth v. the usual crap coming out of our mouths? 😉

5. Colleen says:

I don’t know why but it’s just so funny…

6. Scott says:

Unbelievable! HA! Great perspective on our hardships. But I think I’d rather put my foot in my mouth… 🙂

7. nick says:

That’s funny. Just last week I got pooped on. I didn’t know if I should look at it as good or bad look. What are the odds that I was in the perfect place to catch the poop falling from the sky. I think the old nick would look at as bad luck but the 2008 nick looks at it as good luck…..

trying to stay positve
    nick

8. gar says:

hahaha. Oh man, that’s gotta suck…

9. Ben C says:

WAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAAHHA EAT IT

10. Essy says:

note to self: dont eat your lunch while reading P.E.’s blog postings

11. djchuang says:

NO wonder some people say that your blog posts are crappy! 🙂

12. […] Posted by Don Bryant on February 2, 2008 Click here. […]

Window seat. For the win. As leaders, we must not see ministry and family as competing commitments.  We must not sacrifice our marriage and kids for the sake of "ministry." How can we? Loving our families IS ministry & good leadership.

And on a side note, we took this goofy photo for Mother's Day last Sunday at @seattlequest. I was shocked! What in the world happened to our kids? Our 13 year old son blocked four of my shots on the basketball court yesterday. He's since been grounded... I fear that we ask God to move mountains, forgetting that God also wants to move us.

In fact, it's possible that we are that mountain. Time flies. The eldest is wrapping up her 1st year in college and the college tours have begun for the 2nd child. The youngest enters high school in the Fall. Can't say enough about how proud Minhee and I are of the kids - not just of their accomplishments but the people they are and are becoming.

But...man...we can't wait to party it up when we're emptynesters. Party at our house. It's going to be epic. Humbled. Grateful. Mindful of God's grace and faithfulness in my life. It's all grace... It's an unexpected honor to be invited back - even with some mini-drama - to @princetonseminary to receive the 2017 Distinguished Alumni Award - exactly 25 years after starting my journey there as a student in 1992. Wow.

Princeton isn't necessarily for everyone. And to say that I loved everything about my experience would be misleading but it was very formative. Ir challenged me to examine why I believed in what I believed. It reminded me that God could handle my questions. It prepared me for a post-Christian context where I am not entitled to be heard but I had to earn the right to be heard, and of course, it taught me that all is good with a Philly cheese steak at Hoagie Haven.

No one is an island to themselves and I am certainly an example of that. Many people - women and men, young and old, and of many backgrounds - prayed, encouraged, mentored, and loved me along the way. Grateful for my professors at seminary, my many classmates, and the numerous fellow staff and co-laborers I've had the privilege of serving Christ with past and present. And of course, I'm forever inspired by my parents, my children, and my wife, Minhee. Thank you for your faith, hope, and love...and oh, for your patience. Only your family will know and see both the best and worst of you. They've seen my worst...and keep on believing in me.

Thank you again, PTS and President Barnes, for this honor. Then, today, and tomorrow...by God's grace, just striving to be faithful to my Lord and Savior...to preach and live out the convictions of the whole Gospel. Amen. So humbled and grateful to be with @catalystleader in Cincinnati to encourage leaders from all around the country about the invitation to Uncommon Fellowship.

Preached from John 4. We can talk, preach, sing, philsophize, liturgize, and spit rhymes about Samaria...but we still have to talk through Samaria.