crap happens

It’s really a matter of perspective.  Stuff just happens to everyone.  The difference is how we respond to trials, difficulties, and hardships and how we can be a source of comfort and encouragement to others during such seasons.

But just in case you think you got it bad, let’s begin this new week by showing this hilarious video.  You think you got it bad?  Just watch the crap…literally.  I feel bad for the dude but couldn’t stop laughing.

Have a great week!

Filed under: entertainment

1. daniel so says:

Eugene — I probably shouldn’t be, but I feel strangely comforted that, no matter how bad things might be, at least I’ve never had a bird poop directly into my mouth. Man, someone should have told that reporter not to look up with his mouth open, especially after the first hit.

I am totally cracking up, too, but it’s the same kind of uncomfortable laughter as when I watch the endless “football to the groin” sequences on America’s Funniest Home Videos.

2. portorikan says:

Thank you for sharing. I’m definitely posting this on my blog. Thank you, and this was definitely a great way to start my week and morning.

3. David says:

My Monday just got a little bit better. Thanks.

4. 'insipid' g. says:

those news anchors are so over-dramatic… 😀

and how’s that for a change? crap going in one’s mouth v. the usual crap coming out of our mouths? 😉

5. Colleen says:

I don’t know why but it’s just so funny…

6. Scott says:

Unbelievable! HA! Great perspective on our hardships. But I think I’d rather put my foot in my mouth… 🙂

7. nick says:

That’s funny. Just last week I got pooped on. I didn’t know if I should look at it as good or bad look. What are the odds that I was in the perfect place to catch the poop falling from the sky. I think the old nick would look at as bad luck but the 2008 nick looks at it as good luck…..

trying to stay positve
    nick

8. gar says:

hahaha. Oh man, that’s gotta suck…

9. Ben C says:

WAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAAHHA EAT IT

10. Essy says:

note to self: dont eat your lunch while reading P.E.’s blog postings

11. djchuang says:

NO wonder some people say that your blog posts are crappy! 🙂

12. […] Posted by Don Bryant on February 2, 2008 Click here. […]

Back safely from Iraq, Lebanon, and Jordan. Thanks for your prayers.
I have numerous stories to share but for now, the following came up in every conversation with Iraqi/Syrian refugees:

1 Have tea with us. Or coffee. Or juice. Or something with lots of sugar in it. Or better yet, all of the above.
2 We want peace. We want security.
3 We hate ISIS.
4 We just want to go home.
5 Please don't forget us.

Please don't forget them... Father, please bless and protect these Iraqi and Syrian "refugee" children that have already endured so much. Protect their hearts and mind from unfathomable trauma. Plant seeds of hope and vision in their lives. And as we pray for them, teach us how to advocate for them. Amen. "We don't call them refugees. We call them relatives. We don't call them camps but centers. Dignity is so important." -  local Iraqi priest whose church has welcomed many "relatives" to their church's property

It's always a privilege to be invited into peoples' home for tea - even if it's a temporary tent. This is an extended Yezidi family that fled the Mosul, Iraq area because of ISIS. It's indeed true that Christians were targeted by ISIS and thatbstory muat be shared but other minority groups like the Yezidis were also targeted. Some of their heartbreaking stories included the kidnapping of their sister. They shared that their father passed away shortly of a "broken heart." The conversation was emotional but afterwards, we asked each other for permission to take photos. Once the selfies came out, the real smiles came out.

So friends: Pray for Iraq. Pray for the persecuted Church. Pray for Christians, minority groups like the Yezidis who fear they will e completely wiped out in the Middle East,, and Muslims alike who are all suffering under ISIS. Friends: I'm traveling in the Middle East this week - Iraq, Lebanon, and Jordan. (Make sure you follow my pics/stories on IG stories). Specifically, I'm here representing @onedayswages to meet, learn, and listen to pastors, local leaders, NGOs, and of course directly from refugees from within these countries - including many from Syria.

For security purposes, I haven't been able to share at all but I'm now able to start sharing some photos and stories. For now, I'll be sharing numerous photos through my IG stories and will be sharing some longer written pieces in couple months when ODW launches another wave of partnerships to come alongside refugees in these areas. Four of us are traveling together also for the purpose of creating a short documentary that we hope to release early next year.

While I'm on my church sabbatical, it's truly a privilege to be able to come to these countries and to meet local pastors and indigenous leaders that tirelessly pursue peace and justice, and to hear directly from refugees. I've read so many various articles and pieces over the years and I thought I was prepared but it has been jarring, heartbreaking,  and gut wrenching. In the midst of such chaos, there's hope but there's also a lot of questions, too.

I hope you follow along as I share photos, stories, and help release this mini-documentary. Please tag friends that might be interested.

Please pray for safety, for empathy, for humility and integrity, for divine meetings. Pray that we listen well; To be present and not just be a consumer of these vulnerable stories. That's my biggest prayer.

Special thanks to @worldvisionusa and @worldrelief for hosting us on this journey. 9/11
Never forget.
And never stop working for peace.

Today, I had some gut wrenching and heart breaking conversations about war, violence, and peacemaking. Mostly, I listened. Never in my wildest imagination did I envision having these conversations on 9/11 of all days. I wish I could share more now but I hope to later after I process them for a few days.

But indeed: Never forget.
And never stop working for peace.
May it be so. Amen. Mount Rainier is simply epic. There's nothing like flying in and out of Seattle.

#mountrainier