q cafe 2.0

copy-of-buildingcars.jpg

After a month of closing the Q Cafe to rest and re-examine our identity and purpose, we are very excited to re-open our doors today [redeem your coupon]. As we marked our 5 year anniversary recently, I am thankful for the many things we’ve accomplished over those years.  But, I’ve also learned how unsustainable it was to pursue all that we initially wanted to do.  In a sense, we wanted to change the world.  Now, we’re rebooting with the hope of simply being a great neighborhood cafe.  As I work with our newly forming Q Cafe Advisory Board, I’ve been trying to explain to our potential new customers that our identity is:

“Q Cafe is a neighborhood non-profit cafe featuring espresso and tea, art, live music, and community events.”

Through the generosity of several folks, we’ve also been able to do some remodeling to revitalize the space and presence.  Previously, our options were limited since we had to use the space for the cafe, live music, community center stuff, and church – all in 2500 square feet!  Now, that Quest is meeting next door in our “regular” church building, we can focus on creating a more beautiful cafe, art gallery, and music venue.   We think the changes – countertop tables for laptop users, two new desktops for customers [free internet], benches with outlets, some new furniture, a new kids/parents room, some new lighting, new art hanging system, etc. – will make the space much more useable and enjoyable.

And to top it off, we’ve forged a partnership with a new roaster – Stumptown Coffee.  I’ll share next week why after engaging in much research and conversation, we decided to partner with Stumptown.

We’ve got new artwork on the walls and Live Music shows will be taking place on the majority of Friday nights.  We would love to have you stop by try out the new coffee and space.  Here’s a coupon to encourage you to check us out.

Here are some images of the first five years and I honestly can’t wait to see what will unfold in the next five years.  I haven’t been this excited…well….umm…since we opened five years ago.

copy-of-coreys-pictures-050.jpg twellsatq3.jpg copy-of-_mg_0111.jpg lm6.jpg qhippop002.jpg _mg_4152.jpg nickelcreek3.jpg _c032454.jpg copy-of-_dsc0677.jpg

Filed under: , , , , ,

1. Pat says:

“If you build it, he will come”

It’s time for me to plan a coffee-fi workday!🙂

2. BK says:

Congratulations to you and your staff. Good luck as you guys enter the next five year!

3. jihunpark says:

sweet sauce

4. johnc says:

speaking as someone who loves the tatse of good coffee, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with being a fantastic place to sip a cup of coffee (esp. stumptown) with a friend while admiring the artwork or music created by local artists. it’s what makes the nw such a special place. congrats on your 5th yr. anniv.!

5. chad says:

Eugene, i want to bring a group of high school students to worship at Quest when Crossing Borders happens in March. is there anyway we can stay at the church?

6. e cho says:

chad: shoot me an email directly. not sure if you’ve been inside our space but we really don’t have too much space but it depends on how many kids you got.

7. Wentina says:

Hi Pastor,

I just saw this article on our website and thought you and the other folks at Q Cafe might be interested in it. http://www.grist.org/advice/products/2008/01/22/index.html

The family that karaokes together stays together. #ChoFamilyKPopFamily Family time in one of my favorite cities in the world - especially when the exchange rate is so favorable. Thank you, Vancouver, for being such a great refuge for our souls for the past 20 years. #QuestVancouver It's the day after...that day.
Be grateful. Again.
We woke up. We're alive.
Breathing. Dreaming.
Pursuing. Embodying. Loving.

Yes. Be grateful.
That you, Jesus.

Pastor Coby, Pastor Katey, Pam, Jalle, and Jasmin: We see you. We appreciate you. We are grateful for your presence and leadership at Quest and beyond. Thank you and all of our amazing volunteers Wow. So proud of our 13 year-old son. When he began the trumpet in middle school, you could say it was a little painful. But this cat has got some groove. He's taught himself the piano, guitar, and really come along on the trumpet.

Parents: Fret not if you have no musical skills. I am living proof that musical genes or the lack thereof are not passed on. #AsianMilesDavis