gift exchange disasters

We had our annual church Christmas Dinner and Party this past Saturday evening.  It’s one of my favorite gatherings especially since folks from the larger church gather together in one space.  The craziest part is the White Elephant Gift Exchange or whatever people call them.  The only rule we have is that you can’t buy anything for the exchange.  Rather, you bring something that you’ve enjoyed before.  But why is it that every year, I always get shafted?

Two years ago, I got some hideous Thomas Kinkade clock.  Last year, someone left the entire set of the Left Behind book seriesthe entire set!  And this year, I ended up with this “gift” [photos courtesy of DCruzin Photography]…

stills2.jpg

stills1.jpg

Yup, those are stilts.  Again, I win the prize for the craziest gift disaster!

Filed under: entertainment

1. DJ says:

hah hah. that’s hilarious.

2. Darwin says:

It was definitely an interesting assortment of gifts that night. Minhee almost ended up with the gift I brought as a joke, a CD on the “High-Tech Road to Romance,” but luckily she put it down and picked another. Luckily Miles ended up with that gem!

I hope you know the expectations are “high” to see you wear those around😉

3. kent says:

Kind of whinny aren’t ya?

4. eliacin says:

I’ll be waiting to see photos of the stilts been used in the next summer solstice parade in Fremont.

Peace.

5. Fighting ….urge…. to …. make…. short…. person…. joke…… rising…rising…. falling…falling…falling…. whew!

6. RyanBD says:

Oh, that’s awesome. I guess we know what you’ll be bringing to next year’s gift exchange. Now you can put the Left Behind books someplace really high the kids can’t reach…

7. Sue says:

Eugene, you can now tell people that God answered your prayers of getting tall to have a shot at the NBA!

Father - daughters bonding (and freezing) time at the Seahawks game. Grateful to the Panthers organization for the tickets. Now, go Hawks. Pound the Panthers. The family that karaokes together stays together. #ChoFamilyKPopFamily Family time in one of my favorite cities in the world - especially when the exchange rate is so favorable. Thank you, Vancouver, for being such a great refuge for our souls for the past 20 years. #QuestVancouver It's the day after...that day.
Be grateful. Again.
We woke up. We're alive.
Breathing. Dreaming.
Pursuing. Embodying. Loving.

Yes. Be grateful.
That you, Jesus.

Pastor Coby, Pastor Katey, Pam, Jalle, and Jasmin: We see you. We appreciate you. We are grateful for your presence and leadership at Quest and beyond. Thank you and all of our amazing volunteers

• Father/daughters bonding time at the Seahawks game. Grateful to the Panthers organization for the tix. Now, go Hawk… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 4 hours ago
  • "Genuine hope is not blind optimism. It is hope with open eyes, which sees the suffering and yet believes in the future." ~ Jürgen Moltmann || 15 hours ago
  • They play against my Seahawks tomorrow but who cares. What a privilege to preach the Gospel at the Carolina Panther… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… || 1 day ago
  • We wait for Christ to return to restore all things but while we wait, we join and partner with God to work towards that restoration. #advent || 1 day ago
  • Washington Huskies. 2016 PAC-12 Champs! #WOOF || 2 days ago
  • If the grass feels greener on the other side, it might be the Holy Spirit reminding you to water the grass you're standing on. || 2 days ago